Minds are for believing.

Actually I am replicating what I am saying.

No, rather it is only a believing mind that has the capacity for knowing anything, because a believing mind has to be present in order to know it is present. A brain can't inform you of anything, only a believing mind can inform you of the truth and reality. A believing mind can tell you about brains, but a brain can't tell you anything about a believing mind.
If you want to go back to square zero, I will follow and replicate the question then...

Do you think you can hold your own brain, disconnected from your spinal cord and brain stem, in your hands while your mind still realizes you are holding it?

If so, how? Replicate it for us please.
If not, why not?

If you want to go back to square zero, I will follow and replicate the question then...

Do you think you can hold your own brain, disconnected from your spinal cord and brain stem, in your hands while your mind still realizes you are holding it?

If so, how? Replicate it for us please.
If not, why not?

Strawman.

That's not reality, nor is it how believing minds know anything; including their own and other brains. We know everything we know in and with our believing minds, and in no other way or place can we know the truth and reality. Understand.

Strawman.
More like check-mate.
That's not reality, nor is it how believing minds know anything; including their own and other brains. We know everything we know in and with our believing minds, and in no other way or place can we know the truth and reality. Understand.

Yup. I understand. Mind cannot exist without a brain, so your god is an impossibility.... unless of course you can show us that your mind can perceive your brain when you hold it in your hands.

Can it?

More like check-mate.

No, more like straw-mate.

Yup. I understand.

You can't understand much without a believing mind.

Mind cannot exist without a brain, so your god is an impossibility....

Actually brains can't be known to exist without a believing mind, because in reality brains can't survive without a believing mind.
Believing minds are made-up of beliefs; which are 100% psychological in nature.

unless of course you can show us that your mind can perceive your brain when you hold it in your hands.

Can it?

Consciousness is the result of a believing mind. Like I said, you can hold someone's brain in your hands and it can't tell you a thing, but a believing mind informs me of such.

No, more like straw-mate.

You can't understand much without a believing mind.

Actually brains can't be known to exist without a believing mind, because in reality brains can't survive without a believing mind.
Believing minds are made-up of beliefs; which are 100% psychological in nature.

Consciousness is the result of a believing mind. Like I said, you can hold someone's brain in your hands and it can't tell you a thing, but a believing mind informs me of such.
But can you hold your own brain in your hand and perceive it with your believing mind?

You never answer this.... check-mate.

Evasion.
Actually it's your turn now: Can you hold YOUR own brain in YOUR hands without a believing mind present in order to perceive it?
Strawman and evasion.

You are definitely not a man of your own convictions now are you. Christianity will do that to you.

The question is can I hold my brains in my hand and still perceive them with my mind.

No. - Checkmate.

Last edited:
Strawman and evasion.

You are definitely not a man of your own convictions now are you. Christianity will do that to you.

Projection.

The question is can I hold my brains in my hand and still perceive them with my mind.

No. - Checkmate.

Evasion and another straw-mate. And read for comprehension, as I have already answered that. We can in fact hold our brains in our hands and still perceive with our believing minds that we are holding our own brains. Understand?

Yes of course we can. because our believing minds are present to perceive it.

Last edited:
Projection.

Evasion and another straw-mate. And read for comprehension, as I have already answered that. We can in fact hold our brains in our hands and still perceive with our believing minds that we are holding our own brains. Understand?
Prove it. Simple experiment. What are you afraid of?

Prove it. Simple experiment. What are you afraid of?

More evasion. Read for comprehension, as I have already answered that. We can in fact hold our brains in our hands and still perceive with our believing minds that we are holding our own brains. We do that in and with our believing minds and are unable to do that outside of or without a believing mind present. Brains are useless when it comes to knowing or perceiving anything when a believing mind isn't present. Understand?

More evasion. Read for comprehension, as I have already answered that. We can in fact hold our brains in our hands and still perceive with our believing minds that we are holding our own brains. We do that in and with our believing minds and are unable to do that outside of or without a believing mind present. Brains are useless when it comes to knowing or perceiving anything when a believing mind isn't present. Understand?
So, show us. You can't. Checkmate on your entire theory of mind.

So, show us. You can't. Checkmate on your entire theory of mind.

You checkmated yourself. If a brain can't work without a believing mind present, then the presence of believing mind must support knowing and consciousness and not the brain at all, because when a believing mind is no longer present; then the brain no longer works either. The non-functioning brain is still there, but the knowing conscious part (the believing mind) as passed on to eternity.

If we can hold our brains in our hands and can still perceive with our believing minds that we are holding our own brains in our hands. And we can't do any of that without a believing mind present, then the brain must be secondary to the believing mind. As the fundamental part of knowing is a believing mind and secondary is the brain.

We do that in and with our believing minds and are unable to do that outside of or without a believing mind present. Brains are useless when it comes to knowing or perceiving anything when a believing mind isn't present. Understand?

You checkmated yourself. If a brain can't work without a believing mind present, then the presence of believing mind must support knowing and consciousness and not the brain at all, because when a believing mind is no longer present; then the brain no longer works either. The non-functioning brain is still there, but the knowing conscious part (the believing mind) as passed on to eternity.

If we can hold our brains in our hands and can still perceive with our believing minds that we are holding our own brains in our hands. And we can't do any of that without a believing mind present, then the brain must be secondary to the believing mind. As the fundamental part of knowing is a believing mind and secondary is the brain.

We do that in and with our believing minds and are unable to do that outside of or without a believing mind present. Brains are useless when it comes to knowing or perceiving anything when a believing mind isn't present. Understand?
You claim that as an atheist I don’t have a believing mind but you don’t claim my brain is not functioning.

Checkmate 2 on your entire theory of mind. Every angle you try exposes how wrong you are with ease.

If a brain can't work without a believing mind present
"If". We don't know that it can't.

IfIf we can hold our brains in our hands and can still perceive with our believing minds that we are holding our own brains in our hands
"If". We don't know that we can.

No one here has argued differently.

Address the errors in your logic...

"If". We don't know that it can't.

Actually we do know that a brain can't work without a believing mind present, it's called deceased or passed on to eternity.

"If". We don't know that we can.

Actually we can know that we can hold our brains in our hands and can still perceive with our believing minds that we are holding our own brains in our hands.

Demo: Sit down and lean your head forward and place your head in your hands, let the weight of your head be held up by your hands. Congratulation; you are officially holding your brain in your hands and can still perceive with your believing mind that you are holding your own brain in your hands. You can't do that without a believing mind.

No one here has argued differently.

Address the errors in your logic...

Projection, actually it your own reasoning that is in error.

If everything that we do we do with our believing minds and are unable to do anything outside of or without a believing mind present, and if brains are useless when it comes to knowing or perceiving anything when a believing mind isn't present, then it is the believing mind that causes consciousness and the knowing of everything including life. And because this is true, then this has logical implications, one being that conscious life occurs with and because of a believing mind and not because of a brain, as brains are non-functioning blobs of matter without a believing mind being present.

You claim that as an atheist I don’t have a believing mind but you don’t claim my brain is not functioning.

Thanks for pointing that out yourself, and you're right; because brains can't function properly without a believing mind present.

Maybe the mod will let it go; seeing as though you have said it of yourself and not me at all.

Checkmate 2 on your entire theory of mind. Every angle you try exposes how wrong you are with ease.

More straw-mating. And thanks for pointing out that nothing works properly for you without a believing mind present, you really have been quite helpful.

Back