My Recent Arrival at Christianity and Apologetics

JonHawk said:
I speak to reasonable people;
Are reasonable people only those who agree with you? 🤔 :unsure:
To be sure, the reasonable people are those who believe what they profess.
JonHawk said:
judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf. 1 Cor 10
Great verse (y)
Attaboy.
Now that faith has come, you are all one in Christ Jesus.
JonHawk said:
Therefore, brothers and sisters, in view of the mercies of God, I urge you to present yourselves as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing in the sight of God, which is your reasonable (spiritual) worship. Rom 12:1
Not sure where this is headed
For the wishy washy, it might be heaven, or it might be hell.
JonHawk said:
Blessed is he who has no reason to condemn himself for what he approves. Rom 14:22
Great verse
For whatever is not of faith is sin. Rom 14:23

To be sure, the reasonable people are those who believe what they profess.
Not in Christ, Christ is not a belief but the manifestation of God in me to have His same mind, the mind of Christ Gods anointed.
Attaboy.
Now that faith has come, you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Only if you have the same faith as Jesus did with the same signs following you who followed Jesus.. Those same sings dont follow you do they? What does that tell you about faith? LOL
For the wishy washy, it might be heaven, or it might be hell.
The wishy washy are those who cant be like the Father and perfect as He is perfect. We who are of the Father are secured in Him just as Jesus was secured in Him.
For whatever is not of faith is sin.
Like Paul as a sinner for sure.

And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he also did to us. Acts 15:8
So, since I believe what the early church taught, I am reasonable. 🤔 (y)
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children, having partaken in the passover of Christ. Rom 8:16-17

On this Rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail;
and we believe the pillar of truth is the Church
“But who do you say that I am?”
Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. Matt 16:15-18

“Blessed are the eyes that see the things you see!" Luke 10:22-24

“See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in Him will never be put to shame.” 1 Peter 2

Mt 16 I will give YOU THE KEYS to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 1 Peter 4:10-11
Holding forth the word of life, Phil 2:15-16
Mt 16 I will give YOU THE KEYS to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
And He said, “To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God..."

He made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, Eph 1:9

This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus; Eph 3:6

Feed my sheep!!! :)
What one feeds them is the real issue. If you feed them denominational doctrines or teach them what Jesus teaches you to be like and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Most of these do not teach the ways of Jesus to be like him in the Father at all. These has taught that man is a god instead.

As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 1 Peter 4:10-11
But most as yourself do not teach the ways of Christ, you teach your ways for the god you have made in your own mind.

And He said, “To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God..."

He made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, Eph 1:9

This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus; Eph 3:6
The manifold wisdom of God is made known through the Church - Eph

JonHawk said:
But most as yourself do not teach the ways of Christ, you teach your ways for the god you have made in your own mind.
This grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things [b]through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that now the [c]manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord; Eph 3

JonHawk said:

This grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things [b]through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that now the [c]manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord; Eph 3
so like minds make up that 'church' and is guided by the HS

JonHawk said:

JonHawk said:
Gary Mac said:
Arch Stanton said:
so like minds make up that 'church' and is guided by the HS
Glorify God Together
May the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. Rom 15:5-7

Glorify God Together
May the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. Rom 15:5-7
Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the RULE OVER YOU, and SUBMIT yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the RULE OVER YOU, and SUBMIT yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 make you complete through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. Heb 13

Back