Where did Jesus say that he could come back any time?

It means EXACTLY what it say...not what you falsely make it to say.
And Jesus himself in John 17:3 very clearly told us that we must know the Father as The Only True God and himself as the Christ that he The Only True God and Father sent period.

That is exactly what it says and exactly what it means and the quicker you own up to it the better off you will be for it.

Furthermore, Jesus in John 5:26 and John 6:57 clearly told us that the Father gave him the eternal life that was in him to also give unto us and also told us that in the same way that he lives because of the Father, we will live because of him if we receive it from him.

He said in the same way as he lives because of the Father so will we live because of him and which means that he doesn't live because he is God but because of the Father period.

Now going even further yet, in Isaiah 46:9-10 God uses his knowing the end from the beginning to convince Israel that he alone and no other is God beside him and yet Jesus very clearly testified in Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:32 that not only does he not know the day of his return and the end of the age but that only the Father alone does and period.

So don't tell me that I am falsely making them say what they don't, for it is you that are doing that because you love your false doctrine and false religion more than the truth of what Jesus truly said and there is no way around this for you either, for you expose yourself in this by saying that Jesus is also The only True God and when the Bible never says this.

You also deny Jesus words about how we are to have eternal life in John 17:3 by saying that Jesus is also The Only True God along with the Father when Jesus instead said that he was the Christ whom The Only True God and Father sent.

So get real already.

This is not what Jesus said or meant when he told his disciples that they didn't know when he would return and to be ready.

What he did mean was that they would not know the exact day or hour of his return and therefore they needed to keep close to God and watch and pray and that is not the same thing as this idea that Jesus could return just any old time at all.

Some of the proof of this would be in what he answered the disciples when they asked for the signs of when he would be coming in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 and then after he told them the things that had to happen first in those very same chapters, he went on to tell them that they still wouldn't know the exact time of his return and therefore they needed to watch and pray.

My purpose in bringing this to your attention, is because of this misinterpretation of what Jesus was saying, many have come to the false conclusion that Jesus would return twice, once in a secret pre trib rapture where no one sees him except believers and then again at the end of a 7 year tribulation where all eyes will see him.

I can prove from scripture that neither the pre trib rapture or this 7 year tribulation are correct doctrines and I would start in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26 and 51-58, if anyone wants to argue the point.

There is only one future resurrection with the rapture following and also one future coming of Jesus Christ and the NT is very clear on this also.

Revelation 12 and the first part of 13 shows me a 7 year period of time which is the great tribulation when all of Israel (the woman) will be saved, Romans 11:25-27. And Gentile Christians (the rest of their offspring) will be present. (No pre-trib. secret rapture)

ERROR, ERROR, he returned in Spirit on the Day of Pentecost, in MANIFESTATION of the spiritual gifts. (no eye saw him, because he's Spirit). and in his Parousia, that is yet to happen, then EVERY EYE will see him, Revelation 1:7.

understand. the Lord Jesus return is twofold. he even told them he was coming. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." and he did, as said on the day of Pentecost.

:ninja:
The error is with your interpretation on this, for very clearly in John 16:13-15 Jesus revealed that the Holy Spirit is himself but would be sent to speak for Jesus and it couldn't be any clearer either.

John 16:13-15

13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Are you so ignorant that you cannot see that in the above verse that Jesus is speaking of the Spirit as being another person other than himself and that he will speak for Jesus?

Do you not see that Jesus speaks of the Spirit as a he other than himself and one that will speak unto us who believe for Jesus?

You need to give it up already dude, for you simply don't know what you are talking about.

You might have a few things correct but many false teachers have a few things right and Satan loves this also because by this he discredits the truth of God in the Bible.

Revelation 12 and the first part of 13 shows me a 7 year period of time which is the great tribulation when all of Israel (the woman) will be saved, Romans 11:25-27. And Gentile Christians (the rest of their offspring) will be present. (No pre-trib. secret rapture)
That is nonsense, for in Revelation 13, John very clearly tells us that the Beast will only have 42 months and not 7 years and which is yet another thing that proves your churches interpretation of Daniel 9:27 to be false.

For all mentions of the 3 1/2 years or the 42 months, or the time, times and a half of time or 1, 260 days are speaking of the same 3 1/2 years and no where does it tie any of them together to make 7 years.

Also, 70 weeks of years in Daniel 9:24-27 is all about what Jesus would do from the start of his ministry which was 3 1/2 years and then in the Middle when he put to rest (shabboth) the OT sacrifices and offerings by his own and then beginning the last 3 1/2 years at his resurrection and ending at Paul's conversion.

This is when he confirmed the Covenant in his blood with the many leaders of his church for us who would read their testimony about it in the scriptures.

For many of your churches teach falsely that there is a gap between the first 69 weeks and that last week and that the antichrist is the one who makes a 7 year covenant and then breaks it in the middle of the week and which is total nonsense and also false.

For one thing, Daniel doesn't tells us that he only makes a covenant but that he confirms the covenant for a full 7 years and there is no way for one to confirm a covenant for 7 years and then also break it in the middle of the seven years.

Look up the words in the Hebrew, for to confirm means to make it powerful and strong, for 7 year.

Now concerning your mistranslation of Paul's words about Israel in Romans 11, you need to go back to the context of chapter 9 and the first verses that Paul wrote on this, for he very clearly reveals that he is not speaking about ethnic only Israel being saved but rather all of the children of the promise and which now also includes the Gentile believers.

Notice also, For Paul very clearly reveals that there is only one Olive tree in which the natural branches that were broken off in unbelief are now grafted back in by faith and also the branches of the wild Olive tree of the Gentiles are grafted into the same single Olive Tree that is Israel of the promise and the Spirit.

Paul basically says the same exact thing in Ephesians 2:11-22 and as I have included below.

Ephesians 2:
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Romans 11:

13 I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry 14 in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, 18 do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

Paul couldn't have made it any clearly, for OT Israel is a thing of the past and it will no more be revived, for the NT Israel is of the Spirit and the Promise and it also now includes both Jew and Gentile and both of these texts reveal this also.

One Olive Tree which is Israel and consisting of the both natural branches that at one time were broken off and which are not being grafted back into by faith and then also the branches of a wild Olive tree now also grafted into that same single Tree of Spiritual Israel by the same faith.

13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.
is he not the TRUTH? my God how IGNORANT can one be. it's like some have never been in bible school. listen the term "COMFORTER" is the same as advocate 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

advocate: G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter
Root(s): G3844, G2822

the same word used in John 14:16. and as definition #2. states, an intercessor. now, who that might be? let's see, Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." the Spirit? the Holy Spirit? is not God the Spirit, see John 4:24a...... Gotta have the truth. BINGO, three ways. this is just 2 easy not to understand.

The error is with your interpretation on this, for very clearly in John 16:13-15 Jesus revealed that the Holy Spirit is himself
did I not say this in John 14:16-18?
but would be sent to speak for Jesus and it couldn't be any clearer either.
see above
Are you so ignorant that you cannot see that in the above verse that Jesus is speaking of the Spirit as being another person other than himself and that he will speak for Jesus?
are u that IGNORANTLY deficient not to understand? listen and LEARN, 2 Corinthians 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more."

he is not speaking of himself anymore concerning his life in the "FLESH" but in the Spirit. that's why to your carnal mind u think it's another different person. NO, NO. and again NO. it's the same person now GLORIFIED IN "SPIRIT". did u not hear nor read, John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."

he's not natural flesh and blood any longer, he's Spirit..... hello, anyone home? my God people don't read.

WITH "GOD" ...... before the WORLD........ hello, are the Light bulbs coming on? WITH "GOD", WITH "GOD", WITH "GOD"? let's see, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." again, the Word was with God, and the Word was God. one more time, the Word was with God, and the Word was God. and God is a,a, a, a, Spirit John 4:24a.

I just cannot believe how IGNORANT people are today. we have electronic bible that can cross reference any scripture, any word, AND "WE" ARE STILL DUMMER THAN THE PREVIOUS GENERATION just unbelievable. smarter yet dummer.

And Jesus himself in John 17:3 very clearly told us that we must know the Father as The Only True God and himself as the Christ that he The Only True God and Father sent period.
The Father is the only true God. I have no problem with that.

What Jesus said was during a prayer. Right?

Another here is ALLOS, G2432 which is the SAME one. meaning the SAME Comforter who came before, but in Flesh as a babe. now Glorified in Spirit, he returns.
ERROR Jesus is the Holy Spirit. what do you think who and what the "advocate" is? see John 2:1 and look up the definition advocate and learn

Another ERROR on your part. he is with us forever, listen and LEARN, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" now listen and LEARN, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."John 14:19 "Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also." John 14:20 "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." *JESUS IN US?) John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

QUESTION, "How Lord Jesus is you going to manifest yourself to us?" next verse, John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?" John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." (STOP, ACCORDING TO U THAT WILL MAKE THE LORD JESUS COMING A THIRD TIME),

now question time. "How is the Lord Jesus in heaven and on EARTH in us? by his Spirit and there is only ONE Spirit, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal." there is the Manifestation.

it's the same one person, JESUS.

edit

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL, and you think that this changes what he was saying do you?

Listen, his prayer was unto The Father for us to know who both he and the Father are so that we might have eternal life and he very clearly said "This is eternal life, that they might know you (Father) The Only True God and Jesus the Christ whom you have sent".

He was praying for us that we might know The Father as The Only True God and himself as The Christ whom he sent in order that we might have eternal life period.

Another here is ALLOS, G2432 which is the SAME one. meaning the SAME Comforter who came before, but in Flesh as a babe. now Glorified in Spirit, he returns.

No, what it means is "another of the same kind" and what that meant was that before Jesus died and rose again, it was the same Spirit comforting them through Jesus and now that Jesus was going into heaven, that same Spirit that was in Christ would be with them and in them personally.

It doesn't mean that Jesus himself is the Holy Spirit, that is nonsense and also contradicting what Jesus himself said in John 16:13-15.

The only way in which Jesus is with us and within us as believers is through his and our connection to the Holy Spirit, otherwise he wouldn't have said that the Spirit would be given to speak unto us for him because he would literally be with and within us to speak for himself.
ERROR Jesus is the Holy Spirit. what do you think who and what the "advocate" is? see John 2:1 and look up the definition advocate and learn

Nope and I proved this through through the scriptures also.
Another ERROR on your part. he is with us forever, listen and LEARN, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" now listen and LEARN, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."John 14:19 "Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also." John 14:20 "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." *JESUS IN US?) John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."
First, concerning your words in the bold blue above,edit

Again it is another comforter of the same sort being before Jesus died it was the same Holy Spirit within him that comforted the disciples through Jesus and then after he died and rose again and he sent the same Holy Spirit that was dwelling within himself and through which the disciples were comforted, now it would be dwelling within them personally.

The same Spirit that was dwelling within Christ and comforted the disciples through Christ, is the same Spirit that would be with them and dwelling within them personally now that he ascended into heaven, that is what it means.
QUESTION, "How Lord Jesus is you going to manifest yourself to us?" next verse, John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?" John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." (STOP, ACCORDING TO U THAT WILL MAKE THE LORD JESUS COMING A THIRD TIME),

Through the Holy Spirit and not as the Holy Spirit. The way that both the Father and Jesus make their abode within the believers is through our connection to the Father and the Son through the Holy Spirit.
now question time. "How is the Lord Jesus in heaven and on EARTH in us? by his Spirit and there is only ONE Spirit, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal." there is the Manifestation.

it's the same one person, JESUS.

First off, Jesus is not omnipresent.

I already answered this, it is by his and our connection to the Holy Spirit and therefore no the Holy Spirit is not the same person and you could never come up with this nonsense if you actually believed what Jesus said in John 16:13-15, for he very clearly spoke of the Spirit as a different he from himself and also said that he would send the Spirit to speak unto us for him.

There is simply no way around this for you dude, so

By the way, you most certainly do have a problem with it being you believe that Jesus is also The True God, for Jesus called the Father The Only True God using the word "only" to express it and that disqualifies anyone else from being The Only True God including Jesus.

Especially when Jesus made an even further distinction between himself and The Only True God by saying we are also to know "Jesus as The Christ whom The Only True God sent.

It couldn't have been made any plainer either.

LOL, and you think that this changes what he was saying do you?

Why do you think it's funny and need to "LOL"...edit

Does being in prayer change things...most definitely...but you in a childlike manner simply laugh it away. The prayer sets the context.

Now, the question is...if Jesus is God, why did he address the Father as the only true God in his prayer ? You act as if that shows Jesus isn't God. But does it?

In prayer it would be only natural for Jesus to refer to God the Father separately. Would it not?
Knowing the Father is God would it be improper to identify the Father as God when Jesus is praying? Of course not.

Historically, at the time Christ Jesus was incarnate on earth....during his ministry...were there false gods being worshipped by the heathens ? I believe you would have to answer...yes, there were false gods being worshipped.

Knowing this, how would Jesus addressing the Father in prayer as the only true God, in opposition to the many false gods of the Heathens be an indication that Jesus isn't also God? Jesus was simply praising the Father by claiming He isn't one of the heathen false Gods but rather the only true God.

By the way, you most certainly do have a problem with it being you believe that Jesus is also The True God, for Jesus called the Father The Only True God using the word "only" to express it and that disqualifies anyone else from being The Only True God including Jesus.

Especially when Jesus made an even further distinction between himself and The Only True God by saying we are also to know "Jesus as The Christ whom The Only True God sent.

It couldn't have been made any plainer either.
As my post above shows....The Father is the only true God. I have no problem with that.

Don't forget, when you change who Jesus is, you make Jesus into a false Jesus. Jesus, who is the word, God the incarnate Son, is the only true savior.

You have trusted in a false Christ...a Christ that isn't the only true Christ. This means you have no salvation.

Why do you think it's funny and need to "LOL"...edit.

Does being in prayer change things...most definitely...but you in a childlike manner simply laugh it away. The prayer sets the context.

Point blank, your argument is silly, for as I said and will again, Jesus was praying that we might know two persons and as two entirely different positions and that our knowing them as such, had everything to do with whether or not we would have eternal life.

Now, the question is...if Jesus is God, why did he address the Father as the only true God in his prayer ? You act as if that shows Jesus isn't God. But does it?

Indeed it does because it was to be included in scriptures so that we would know the truth and therefore it wasn't just a prayer for only the Father to hear but for us to hear also and Jesus in three different places in the NT told us that every word he spoke he received from the Father and the Father is no careless with his words.

You are only making up excuses so that you can continue in your addiction to your religious feelings, for it is obvious that the reason why you don't want to hear the truth is because of the feelings you are getting from your false religion and not on the basis of what the scriptures actually reveal.

These were also the very words that Jesus himself spoke and the disciples got their truth from him.
In prayer it would be only natural for Jesus to refer to God the Father separately. Would it not?
Knowing the Father is God would it be improper to identify the Father as God when Jesus is praying? Of course not.

Historically, at the time Christ Jesus was incarnate on earth....during his ministry...were there false gods being worshipped by the heathens ? I believe you would have to answer...yes, there were false gods being worshipped.

Knowing this, how would Jesus addressing the Father in prayer as the only true God, in opposition to the many false gods of the Heathens be an indication that Jesus isn't also God? Jesus was simply praising the Father by claiming He isn't one of the heathen false Gods but rather the only true God.

All you are doing in the above is making up excuses for not believing what Jesus said in his prayer but instead you are twisting it to fit your false doctrines.

First off, Jesus is not omnipresent.
edit per mod why u think he went to his "SPIRIT/Father? to be Glorified in Spirit so he ... again can be omnipresent, how ignorant can one be. in flesh he was
G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v.
1. to make empty.

now glorified, all power. .... LOL, oh how simple this is. .... that's when one KNOWS the truth.

and to top this off, he, JESUS is the only one with ETEERNAL LIFE. scripture, 1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;"1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

and u do know what only means? right ..... LOL, LOL, edit per mod

As my post above shows....The Father is the only true God. I have no problem with that.

Don't forget, when you change who Jesus is, you make Jesus into a false Jesus. Jesus, who is the word, God the incarnate Son, is the only true savior.

You have trusted in a false Christ...a Christ that isn't the only true Christ. This means you have no salvation.
Yes you do but you don't want to admit it, for when Jesus called the single person of the Father The Only True God and used that word "monos" to express it, he was disqualifying any other person from being The True God including himself.

Then to top it off, he made an even further distinction between himself and The Only True God by saying this "and Jesus The Christ whom you The Only True God sent.

I am not the one who is changing who Jesus is but rather you are and you are also changing who God has always been by making him a trinity and of which the Jews at no time in their history ever believed he was either and they weren't always in apostasy either.

You have trusted in a false God and Christ, see how easy it is to say things like this and how meaningless it is also, for you saying it or me saying it isn't going to change the facts in the Bible?

Sorry but the Jesus I believe in said this "This is eternal life, that they might know you (Father) The Only True God and Jesus the Christ whom you have sent" and I believe it exactly as he said it and therefore there is no way that I am believing in a false God or a false Christ.

So go right ahead and keep flapping your gums with your false accusations, for it is meaningless because I have Jesus' own words on who The Father and himself are and also the promise of eternal life for knowing it and believing it as well and this is something you don't don't have in your false doctrine on it.

@Yahweh will increase
u have two question to answer.

#1. is the Lord Jesus the Comforter who was born as a babe as Isaiah 9:6 clearly states. and

#2. Jesus is the ONLY "ONE" who has ETERNAL LIFE, see 1 Timothy 6:16

looking to hear a .......

Back