GNT grammar does not support “ God the son”

Given the discussion here I can't help but ask where in the Greek Grammar you can find the proof of this assertion?
Why on earth should I reply to someone who has only entered an appearance on this forum to insult me?

I think I can see why Roman Catholics like you have so much trouble with the Greek NT: Latin has no definite article as in the Greek, so your Latin NT doesn't read the same as the Greek: that must cause you endless confusion.

Last edited:
Why on earth should I reply to someone who has only entered an appearance on this forum to insult me?
I pointed out the FACT that you don’t know Greek and are pretending that you do. That’s an important thing for people to know.
I think I can see why Roman Catholics
I’m not Roman Catholic.
like you have so much trouble with the Greek NT:
I don’t have any trouble with the GNT.
Latin has no definite article as in the Greek, so your Latin NT doesn't read the same as the Greek: that must cause you endless confusion.
I don’t have reading ability in Latin and have never claimed to. Why do say things that aren’t true?

I pointed out the FACT that you don’t know Greek and are pretending that you do. That’s an important thing for people to know.

I’m not Roman Catholic.

I don’t have reading ability in Latin and have never claimed to. Why do say things that aren’t true?

He seems to know more biblical Greek than you do. But that is just my opinion.

Stop the trolling & maybe contribute something of substance one way or other .

I think it almost does in Jhn 2:24: τὸ γινώσκειν πάντας

??????????????????????????

Mar 5:30 ὁ Ἰησοῦς ..... ἔλεγεν τίς μου ἥψατο τῶν ἱματίων?
I’m glad the bible doesn’t use the word παντογνώστης to describe God but rather an expression like τὸ γινώσκειν πάντα. I think παντογνώστης ( the common Greek word for omniscient) is applied even to human beings and to the “ gods” of the Greeks, like Zeus.

I’m not Roman Catholic.
Previously you haven't denied being a Catholic.
You seem to think ὁ Θεὸς is used of Jesus, as presumably it is also used of the pagan gods. This creates large difficulties in distinguishing paganism from Christianity.
I was speaking generically of Roman Catholics. If they learned Koine Greek in place of Latin, it would spiritually benefit them.

Last edited:
It does not specifically say "omniscient".
I think the Greek does specifically say"omniscient". It's just that the translators chose not to translate it that way due to the context of its usage being qualified, so the translators gave the qualified rendition, as they are free to do. Besides which, did the modern Greek word for "omniscient" exist at the time of Jesus? I think not. The GNT tends not to contain modern Greek words for an obvious reason: it is written in Koine Greek.

Last edited:
I’m glad the bible doesn’t use the word παντογνώστης to describe God but rather an expression like τὸ γινώσκειν πάντα. I think παντογνώστης ( the common Greek word for omniscient) is applied even to human beings and to the “ gods” of the Greeks, like Zeus.
I think you're onto something, but I don't think παντογνώστης is Koine Greek, but could be wrong. Rather πάνσοφος; and I guess the personality of the historically wrathful Hebrew God and Greek philosophical words used of lesser beings weren't a good mixture for the apostles.

I think you're onto something, but I don't think παντογνώστης is Koine Greek, but could be wrong. Rather πάνσοφος; and I guess the personality of the historically wrathful Hebrew God and Greek philosophical words used of lesser beings weren't a good mixture for the apostles.
I don’t think so either. My point was that even if it were, it would yet be an inappropriate descriptive of the God of Israel , because of the pagan baggage it carries.

Previously you haven't denied being a Catholic.

You seem to think ὁ Θεὸς is used of Jesus, as presumably it is also used of the pagan gods. This creates large difficulties in distinguishing paganism from Christianity.

I was speaking generically of Roman Catholics. If they learned Koine Greek in place of Latin, it would spiritually benefit them.
I can attest to this from some of his older posts; which is one reason why I believe his biblical Koine to be very weak.

“ God the Son” is not a “word,” it is a nonsensical expression, like “ God the Lucifer” or “ Donald the Duck.”
Expressions are made up of words, genius.

The fact that He is prayed to as being YHWH demonstrates the Lord Jesus is God the Son (see post 36).

I think the Greek does specifically say"omniscient". It's just that the translators chose not to translate it that way due to the context of its usage being qualified, so the translators gave the qualified rendition, as they are free to do. Besides which, did the modern Greek word for "omniscient" exist at the time of Jesus? I think not. The GNT tends not to contain modern Greek words for an obvious reason: it is written in Koine Greek.

Thanks for admitting that the Lord Jesus is omniscient (= God).

Expressions are made up of words, genius.

"Omniscient" is a word, "God the Son" is not a word with a dictionary definition but a name (albeit a nonsensical, non-biblical one), so you were using a false analogy in the first instance.

The fact that He is prayed to as being YHWH demonstrates the Lord Jesus is God the Son (see post 36).

He is not.

Thanks for admitting that the Lord Jesus is omniscient (= God).
I did not admit it. I admitted - and which is plain to see in the translations - only that ALL the translators derogate from "omniscient," because although the phraseology itself is capable of that sense, (at least in the neuter), the sense isn't made out in the context in which the phrase occurs. You are clueless about everything, and you are now perverting what the English translations say to suit your cultic "Priscillianist" teaching that betrays the heresy of Sabellius, long condemned by anathemas.

I did not admit it. I admitted - and which is plain to see in the translations - only that ALL the translators derogate from "omniscient," because although the phraseology itself is capable of that sense, (at least in the neuter), the sense isn't made out in the context in which the phrase occurs. You are clueless about everything, and you are now perverting what the English translations say to suit your cultic "Priscillianist" teaching that betrays the heresy of Sabellius, long condemned by anathemas.
The false accusation fallacy unfortunately is often used by Trinitarians at Carm when they don't have a real case.

The false accusation fallacy unfortunately is often used by Trinitarians at Carm when they don't have a real case.
I wouldn't count him a Trinitarian. He is a Sabellian, but using Trinitarian language. Sabellians employ the same terms as Trinitarians, but they mean different things. The clincher is that for him, YHWH is Jesus, by definition. If YHWH, who is a singular person in the OT, is Jesus, then Jesus is the same person as the Father: i.e. he is a Sabellian.

Back