Can a person have the Holy Spirit and not know it?

I'm just curious...what false SDA doctrine did your "downloaded exegesis" free you from?
That the Old Covenant is still here, instead of the New Covenant being completely different from the Old.

Jeremiah 31:
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

That the Old Covenant is still here, instead of the New Covenant being completely different from the Old.

Jeremiah 31:
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”
Jeremiah 31 refers to a future covenant.
That's not to say that the Jews didn't break their covenant.

Has all come to pass? Then the Law still stands.

Yes, Jesus fulfilled the Law. It is up to you whether or not to accept Jesus as God, or reject Him. What Jesus did was abolish the works of the devil in those who accept Him, and take away their sin nature giving them His Spirit and His divine nature. Granted, not every "Christian" accepts freedom from sin and go on sinning, and they will die in their sins. Those who do not accept Him at all, will die in their sins like a heathen.

P.S. to #145.

The law does stand for sinners until the earth passes away. They will be judged by it. They are not under the New Covenant made by Jesus who made us children of God with a divine nature and immortal.
I know this is what you believe.
Personally, I believe what my Messiah Yeshua said, as recorded in 1 John 2:4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

I know this is what you believe.
Personally, I believe what my Messiah Yeshua said, as recorded in 1 John 2:4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Right, 1 John 2:4 is about a hypocrite and not a Christian. So yes, that is what I believe and it appears, so do you. So what's your problem?

Right, 1 John 2:4 is about a hypocrite and not a Christian. So yes, that is what I believe and it appears, so do you. So what's your problem?
Lol...it's not my problem. You're the one who thinks God's Law has "passed away." Guess that makes you a hypocrite by your own reasoning.

His law is the law of the spirit of life

what He makes possible to annul
so that His souls can be restored to eden paradise
is the law of sin and death

for we will be Changed and will not die
and will receive our original eden body back
what was lost because of adams treachery

this body IS sin
and this earth the sin realm (Death)

so… paul remarks of this body as horrible and vile
and refers to it as the fleshbody

all true

and that is the prison
what soon we will be rescued from at the Change
and we will have our exodus
and return to our land in the other reality
..eden paradise

Well, I'm not going to read this entire thread which I didn't notice untifil now, but if a person is save God dwells in him.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Romans 8:9

Are people who disagree with "Charismatics" non-Christians?

Are people who disagree with "Charismatics" non-Christians?

There are many Charismatics in all sorts of different denominations, and non-denominations. I am Charismatic and I knew this very gifted Spirit-filled pastor with the gift of healing, but on doctrine we did not agree. So not all Charismatics even agree with each other! So what issue are you specifically talking about.

Last edited:
There are many Charismatics in all sorts of different denominations, and non-denominations. I knew this very gifted Spirit-filled pastor with the gift of healing, but on doctrine we did not agree.
Well, you aren't answering my question, CharistmaticLady. If someone is not Spirit-filled, is he Christian or not Christian?

Well, you aren't answering my question, CharistmaticLady. If someone is not Spirit-filled, is he Christian or not Christian?
Janice, I wonder if the better question would be "Is a person a Christian who has not received the Baptism (outpouring) of the Holy Spirit?

Is a person a Christian by something he’s done? Or is Christian by call, decree and destiny? How would Jesus answer that question? When did Jesus first recognize Nathanael? Before or after he decided to follow Jesus?

Janice, I wonder if the better question would be "Is a person a Christian who has not received the Baptism (outpouring) of the Holy Spirit?
What proof do you accept that this has happened? Is it a matter of mere claim? Or is there power involved in some way?

What proof do you accept that this has happened? Is it a matter of mere claim? Or is there power involved in some way?
Read the written word of God. The answer is obvious. after the resurrection what did Jesus do and say with the apostles regarding the reception of the Holy Spirit? And what happened on Pentecost that was distinctively different?

Hi, Janice. Sorry, I missed seeing this. You answered your own question in Romans 8:9. Without being born again of the SPIRIT, we do not belong to Christ. What you are confused about is verse 10. Paul wanted to make sure we did NOT confuse verse 9, our "flesh" meaning our "nature" inside of us, with our outside body of flesh and bone. Two different meanings of "flesh."

We are a triune being made up of spirit, soul, and body. Only the first two are filled with the Spirit NOW - our spirit (mind) and soul (heart/conscience). They were called "the old man" in Romans 6:6-7. What hasn't died yet, is our body. But we are promised that after it dies also and is resurrected when Jesus comes again, it too will become new and immortal. It is mortal right now and will die. Our spirit and soul are born again and are now immortal. As soon as our body dies on earth, they, our eternal spirit and soul, will return to the Father awaiting for the resurrection of the body that must be changed too.

Last edited:
Back