God at Deut. 6:4 is The Triune God.

Yahchristian

God is referred to twice in 1:1, but the meaning remains unchanged.

NOTE: I am asking about "reference" below and not "meaning".

TRINITARIANS...

Is God at 1 Timothy 3:16 a reference to God at Deuteronomy 6:4?

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Deuteronomy 6:4... Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

I say Yes.

Here is a summary of what I believe...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.

NOTE: I am asking about "reference" below and not "meaning".

TRINITARIANS...

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

I say Yes.

Here is a summary of what I believe...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.
Yes.
And................................................

Yes.

You take those verses to mean...

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: The Triune God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Deuteronomy 6:4... Hear, O Israel: The LORD our Triune God is one LORD:

Correct?

My body, soul and spirit....are one. Yet 3.

Okay, 3 what exactly? 3 dozen trillion cells?

And are you able to answer the question in the OP...

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: The Triune God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Correct?
Strawman. God was manifest in the flesh.
Don't add words to Scripture. Grievous sin.

Strawman. God was manifest in the flesh.
Don't add words to Scripture. Grievous sin.

I did not change the Bible. I said "you take it to mean".

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: the Triune God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Correct?

Since YOU said the word "God" in both of those verses references "the Triune God" rather than "God the Father" or "God the Son" etc.

I did not change the Bible. I said "you take it to mean".

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: the Triune God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Correct?

Since YOU said the word "God" in both of those verses references "the Triune God" rather than "God the Father" or "God the Son" etc.
I take 1 timothy 3:16 to mean God was manifest in the flesh, NOT The Triune God.
And I did NOT say The Triune God is referred to in 1 Tim. 3;16.

I take 1 timothy 3:16 to mean God was manifest in the flesh, NOT The Triune God.
And I did NOT say The Triune God is referred to in 1 Tim. 3;16.
But since the 3 are supposed to have always been God, then when it says God there it would have to be referring to those 3 (the triune God) as God?

Can you clarify your Trinitarian view...

What is the difference between "God" and "The Triune God"?

I ask because you seem to equate them in some of your other posts...

And you say the word "God" only has one meaning...

So what do YOU say is the ONE meaning of the word “God”?
God= Creator and Sustainer of ALL.

Can you clarify your Trinitarian view...

What is the difference between "God" and "The Triune God"?

I ask because you seem to equate them in some of your other posts...

And you say the word "God" only has one meaning...
NO difference between God and The Triune God.
Yep, the word God has one meaning.

Back