Romans 1 disproves total depravity, inability

No I don’t dismiss election I embrace biblical election as truth because it is true. Elect according to the foreknowledge of God is biblical truth the “ foreknowledge “ is mostly overlooked or dismissed by Calvinist to stay stuck in their errors. Drawn by God to the Son yes but MADE willing is a lie. God through the Holy Spirit convicts those drawn to the Son but in the end they either believe and accept the truth or THEY reject God. You used Jesus as an example who was appointed by God which of course is true, which has nothing to do with John 3:16-1John 2:2, Revelation 22:17 and many many more scriptures that teach the gospel is an invitation for anyone to choose Jesus through believing , placing their faith in Him, repenting, and following Him. The God of scripture is not the god of Calvinism.
Amen they conflate foreknowing with determinism/predestination

No I don’t dismiss election I embrace biblical election as truth because it is true. Elect according to the foreknowledge of God is biblical truth the “ foreknowledge “ is mostly overlooked or dismissed by Calvinist to stay stuck in their errors. Drawn by God to the Son yes but MADE willing is a lie. God through the Holy Spirit convicts those drawn to the Son but in the end they either believe and accept the truth or THEY reject God. You used Jesus as an example who was appointed by God which of course is true, which has nothing to do with John 3:16-1John 2:2, Revelation 22:17 and many many more scriptures that teach the gospel is an invitation for anyone to choose Jesus through believing , placing their faith in Him, repenting, and following Him. The God of scripture is not the god of Calvinism.

Election is not for all of us.

"Many are called, few are chosen".

Calvinist declaring, they are elected does not equate to such.

If man is totally depraved, cannot seek God, cannot think a right though about God, cannot know truth as calvinists falsely claim…

Calvinism teaches that fallen man can not “want” to seek God apart from Grace, fallen man can not “want” to think a right thought about God apart from Grace, and fallen man does not “want” to know truth about God apart from Grace…

… but he couldif… he “wanted” to!

"Then he said to his servants,`The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy. (Matt. 22:8 NKJ)

Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, (Prov. 1:24 NKJ)

It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles. (Acts 13:46 NKJ)

But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the will of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him. (Lk. 7:30 NKJ)

Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure (2 Pet. 1:10 NKJ)

"Then he said to his servants,`The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy. (Matt. 22:8 NKJ)

Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, (Prov. 1:24 NKJ)

It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles. (Acts 13:46 NKJ)

But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the will of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him. (Lk. 7:30 NKJ)

Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure (2 Pet. 1:10 NKJ)
Amen

Sadly this post will go straight over the head of the one you are replying to.
There are no Arminian logical thinkers on this site. They have to come up with nonsense like "where is scripture that says you believe before you are born" and think they sound intelligent.

Good post that will not be addressed by the poster. Then his post will get a great thumbs-up by the other's like him.
The post by Bocco is simply one of the standard tenets of Calvinism, God decides before people exists who will be chosen and who will not. Since most people know that is part of TULIP, it is not hard to understand and repond to.
While God foreknows who will be in Christ and predestines Heaven for them, He does not predestine them to be in Christ. There is no verse that declares any idea like that. What is predestined is all the benefits of being regenerated,
Using a metaphor, God has sent out an RSVP to everyone inviting them to the Lamb's Supper. Since He knows who will respond, He then predestines a plate at the table for each person.

At core this teaching leads to a conclusion of universal salvation.
It teaches that the sin guilt of every human has been taken away by the death of Christ. When it is pointed out, false teachers disguise it as, "We do not talking about the banned topic". This teaching cannot be defended when the logical conclusion it has is blindly ignored.

It would seem that the "minds" of some have been opened to universalism and they avert it by avoiding the topic.
The element of truth that you miss is that despite Christ atoning for all sin, God has arranged it that redemption, forgiveness and the like, are only received in Christ. If you reject Christ, you also reject the redemption that is in Him,

Now heretics are teaching people that God does not do a good enough job when it comes to Atheists.

Only if He does a good job and presents Himself in the right way...

:eek:
If you find it necessary to change what i say in order to supposedly defeat my argument, it is called a straw man.
I said nothing at all about how well God did His part. So you need to consider why you needed to change what i said to your version of my statement.
I can repeat. God makes Himself known to everyone. No one will stand before God claiming they never knew Who He was. And what i said was, despite that revelation, people reject Jesus.

More proof that you were never a Calvinist as you claim.
From the start and continuing on, you are nothing more than a pretender.

My faith and what is taught me by the indwelling Spirit has nothing to do with Augustine or any other man.
You think it funny?
Did you discuss scripture along side Chaledon when he was supporting calvinism? And you never called him on anything? But now you are claiming he was never a Calvinist despite hm being the poster boy for Calvinists here?

Did you discuss scripture along side Chaledon when he was supporting calvinism? And you never called him on anything? But now you are claiming he was never a Calvinist despite hm being the poster boy for Calvinists here?
Every single Calvinist rep me and gave me high 5’s. Look at my old posts / threads I started on this forum as a Calvinist . One who I have in ignore said I was an excellent teacher lol . Oh the irony :)

I’m better now ;)

All we see are ad hominems from them with the exception of only a few .

Just a note about called and chosen and the parable they come from.
In it the smaller group are the Jews, the Chosen, the few. They reject Christ
The larger group are everyone else, the called (even the jews were called) not all the called receive Christ.
In the parable Jesus uses "chosen" differently than Paul will uses the word. The Jews were God's chosen people on earth which Jesus addresses.
When Paul uses chosen in reference to Christian, he is speaking of their right to be in heaven, because they came to Christ

One who I have in ignore said I was an excellent teacher lol . Oh the irony :)

I was mistaken.

But you sure do love boasting about yourself.

I’m better now ;)

You sure do love boasting about yourself.

All we see are ad hominems from them with the exception of only a few .

... which is itself an "ad hom".
You are the king of ad hom's.

Now that we've both called each other that, can we go back to exegesis now?

Now the heretics have people choose God without grace.

You have created people who believe and trust in Jesus without Grace and without conviction from the Holy Spirit.
All superhumans these heretics, better than others.
Biblical Theology refutes that assumption in so many ways:

Faith in the shed blood of Christ is the conduit through which God's grace is made available to the sinner.

1Ti 2:1-6
1 First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered for everyone—
2 for kings and all those in authority—so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity.
3 This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,
4 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all—the testimony that was given at just the right time.

1 Cor 12:1-3

1 Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed.
2 You know that when you were pagans, you were influenced and led astray to mute idols.
3 Therefore I inform you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

1Jn 4:1-3
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God. For many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you will know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and which is already in the world at this time.

And a whole lot more . . .

There ya go FORCING your errors on all of scripture to stay in your errors.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:17 - And the Spirit-and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say,Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Just as I predicted. The context of the scripture is just to difficult for Arminians to understand so they resort to saying we are forcing an error onto scripture.

However, Jesus Himself says these things are hidden from the wise and understanding. There is no forcing error into that.
The error would be Arminians who think these things are not hidden from the wise and understanding but open to every individual.
This is the lie taught by Arminians.

If you read Rev 22:17 with the premise Jesus gives us, that these things are hidden to the wise and understanding and revealed to only those whom He chooses to reveal the Father to, then there is no contradiction.

When you read it through the Arminian perspective that these things are not hidden from the wise and understanding and that it is revealed to everyone and not only those to whom Jesus chooses to reveal the father to, then they make Jesus out to be a liar.

They do it here day after day after day, and all they can do is say others are distorting scripture, thereby they prove Jesus right, in that these truths are indeed hidden from them.

Hidden from the wise and understanding is talking about human pride.

If Calvinistic divine determinism were meant, Jesus would say "these things are hidden from the non-elect and revealed to the elect."

He didn't say that did he, but we are the ones "lying" and "forcing an error"?

Hogwash.

Jesus is talking about humbling yourself, and that God resists the proud.

He is not talking about God determining whom he will make proud and whom he will make humble.

Biblical Theology refutes that assumption in so many ways:

Faith in the shed blood of Christ is the conduit through which God's grace is made available to the sinner.
Faith that comes from where?
What caused you to have this faith!
Before your conversion, you heard the gospel preached, you read the Bible perhaps.
What about you was so inherently good that you were able to allow your sin to be exposed, by saying you will choose to believe what you heard or read, while another chooses not to believe what he heard or read and have his sin exposed.
Were you just the better man!

1Ti 2:1-6
1 First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered for everyone—
2 for kings and all those in authority—so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity.
3 This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,
4 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
And you think the context of these verses are that everyone means each and every individual.
Look again. Every class of individual even kings and those in authority.
That is why he is petitioning, for peace that even those who are in authority can come to repentance.

5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all—the testimony that was given at just the right time.
Correct, a ransom even for kings and those in authority.
1 Cor 12:1-3
1 Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed.
2 You know that when you were pagans, you were influenced and led astray to mute idols.
3 Therefore I inform you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
Discernment.
Mormons and JW's claim Jesus is Lord.
Do they have the right Jesus!

1Jn 4:1-3
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God. For many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you will know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and which is already in the world at this time.

And a whole lot more . . .
See above re Mormons and JW's

Every single Calvinist rep me and gave me high 5’s. Look at my old posts / threads I started on this forum as a Calvinist . One who I have in ignore said I was an excellent teacher lol . Oh the irony :)

I’m better now ;)

All we see are ad hominems from them with the exception of only a few

Aww...poor baby. It will be okay. Say 10 hail Mary's you will feel better.

Back