What beside faith is needed for salvation?

That woman had love. She had repentance and she showed it. She didn't speak a word. Your issue isn't with me, it is with scripture.

Malarkey. No one walks into a home of someone they don't know anything about, and starts crying on their feet. She had to know beforehand who He was. Like the tax collector, whose only words were "be merciful to me a sinner" She had no excuse and no words to describe her feelings about her sin. All she had were her tears

Rc's are big on "presence", but they don't believe or trust that God is fully able and willing to save them. Rc's look to and rely on every other source for salvation but to God. Faith comes first, then works, but not before. No where in Scripture does God tell us to earn salvation, which is what rc's are trying to prove. We can't earn our way to heaven.

Malarkey. No one walks into a home of someone they don't know anything about, and starts crying on their feet. She had to know beforehand who He was. Like the tax collector, whose only words were "be merciful to me a sinner" She had no excuse and no words to describe her feelings about her sin.

Rc's are big on "presence", but they don't believe or trust that God is fully able and willing to save them. Rc's look to and rely on every other source for salvation but to God. Faith comes first, then works, but not before. No where in Scripture does God tell us to earn salvation, which is what rc's are trying to prove. We can't earn our way to heaven.
Actually, she did. Just like you, the pharisees were astonished. Could not wrap their heads around this.

bluedog1us said:
Are you saying Jesus lied? Because in verse 50, Jesus said " your FAITH has saved you". Are you saying the rcc's word is greater than Jesus's words? Did HE even mention WORKS? She did what she did BECAUSE of her faith!
That woman had love. She had repentance and she showed it. She didn't speak a word. Your issue isn't with me, it is with scripture.
without her faith in Him she wouldn't have had that love or the repentance.

believers don't have an issue with scripture, catholics do.

No one is denying she shed tears on Jesus feet and wiped them with her hair. What we are saying is that Jesus explicitly and directly told her that her faith, NOT her works saved her. He used the word, "faith" NOT "works".

In the parable of the tax collector and the pharisee, Jesus said that it was the tax collector who went home justified, NOT the pharisee who did works.

the verse illustrates her love and repetance. It was not fatih ALONE.

Jesus' words:

“Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

Faith is not ALONE.

No one is denying she shed tears on Jesus feet and wiped them with her hair. What we are saying is that Jesus explicitly and directly told her that her faith, NOT her works saved her. He used the word, "faith" NOT "works".

In the parable of the tax collector and the pharisee, Jesus said that it was the tax collector who went home justified, NOT th

Jesus' words:

Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

I do not reject faith, it is not either or. As Jesus states. He never says Faith ALONE saved you. If you read the whole story you will see that too.

Jesus' words:

Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

I do not reject faith, it is not either or. As Jesus states. He never says Faith ALONE saved you. If you read the whole story you will see that too.
She did that because she saw herself as God saw her, she was repentent and understood her Jesus was. Otherwise she would not have done it. First she had faith.

Jesus' words:

“Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

Faith is not ALONE.

Jesus is NOT a down payment and then you pick up the rest of the tab. This is definitely NOT what Scripture teaches. But is definitely what rc's are saying they believe. A person that only believes Jesus walked the earth and died remains condemned, because He or she does not fully believe the gospel message.

What you have deliberately ignored and didn't post was His words to the woman, so you can claim how powerful you are in yourself on getting yourself to heaven. Anyone that relies on their own merits, for salvation instead of doing what God said was the way to Him is lost, and will die in their sins.

You know the truth, but have chosen to believe and trust in what you know is a lie. We can discern this because of your own words that you have posted. We can certain judge what a person says and does. And from what you specifically say here, I want NOTHING to do with any rcc, period !!

Jesus is NOT a down payment and then you pick up the rest of the tab. This is definitely NOT what Scripture teaches. But is definitely what rc's are saying they believe. A person that only believes Jesus walked the earth and died remains condemned, because He or she does not fully believe the gospel message.

What you have deliberately ignored and didn't post was His words to the woman, so you can claim how powerful you are in yourself on getting yourself to heaven. Anyone that relies on their own merits, for salvation instead of doing what God said was the way to Him is lost, and will die in their sins.

You know the truth, but have chosen to believe and trust in what you know is a lie. We can discern this because of your own words that you have posted. We can certain judge what a person says and does. And from what you specifically say here, I want NOTHING to do with any rcc, period !!
Jesus said what he said. you do not have a problem with me, it is His words.

Jesus' words:

Faith is not ALONE.
you don't know what it is to have that faith in Him. your faith is in the rcc.

you don't have that love and repetance without faith in Him alone. the hearts of catholic are congested with all of that other stuff the rcc teaches that you also need. what Jesus says is 'believe in and follow Me'. If we needed that 'other stuff' He would have told us that.

She did that because she saw herself as God saw her, she was repentent and understood her Jesus was. Otherwise she would not have done it. First she had faith.
Jesus said: Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

She was forgiven because of her love. I do not separate faith, like the bible state; it is faith, hope, and love. And the greatest is LOVE. Faith is not ALONE as Protestantism teaches.

You are so full of malarkey it isn't even funny. I have no problem with Jesus or Scripture. Rc's are so full of themselves, its ridiculous. If a person's works merited salvation, then Jesus died for nothing and your faith in Him is all for naught.

Grace is "unmerited favor". Its not grace, if you have to earn it.

Jesus said: Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

She was forgiven because of her love. I do not separate faith, like the bible state; it is faith, hope, and love. And the greatest is LOVE. Faith is not ALONE as Protestantism teaches.
It is a free gift, no payment required at all. God is better than His creations and we do not expect people to pay for gifts we give them. But what she did was because she was saved, she was changed and her mind was changed. If you do not have faith through grace then you cannot love like God wants us to love, you cannot hope the way God wants you to hope, He does this for us and in us. Yep we have felt RCs false understanding of love in their posts. RCs are all talk but their walk does not match their talk.

You are so full of malarkey it isn't even funny. I have no problem with Jesus or Scripture. Rc's are so full of themselves, its ridiculous. If a person's works merited salvation, then Jesus died for nothing and your faith in Him is all for naught.

Grace is "unmerited favor". Its not grace, if you have to earn it.
It would be nice if you actually addressed what Jesus said.

It is a free gift, no payment required at all. God is better than His creations and we do not expect people to pay for gifts we give them. But what she did was because she was saved, she was changed and her mind was changed.
I am just giving you Jesus' own words.

Back