Lazarus ....!

lurkers see the word games the calvinists must play to support their doctrines.

there you go making up definitions to suit your doctrine/premise.

thanks for intercting in this thread which is proof positive all calvinists here are biased and read scripture through their tulip presuppositions.
I am a Fundamentalist. The Lurkers can look and see for themselves if they want to. They don't need you or I to tell them what the Fundamentals of Faith are...

A Baptist believes these things...

I am a Fundamentalist. The Lurkers can look and see for themselves if they want to. They don't need you or I to tell them what the Fundamentals of Faith are...
They can see the word games they shine brightly as the hot summer sun in the desert of death valley.

They can see the word games they shine brightly as the hot summer sun in the desert of death valley.
Could you give an example of your claim?

You do not have to be a Calvinist to believe what I am telling you. You can be in an Evangelical or a Baptist or several other Denominations. All it takes to believe that Lazarus was alive, is the Verse that says God is the God of the living but isn't the God of the dead. Lazarus was a Born Again Believer so he never died. I think that if you were not arguing with me right now, that whenever you Counsel somebody: you would tell them that as a Christian though their body perish, they will never die...

So why are you really here?

Last edited:
It was Temple sleep initiation, Jesus was the Hierophant. Supposed to last 3 days, 3 nights but Lazarus really died. I think Jesus requested return of soul.

Could you give an example of your claim?

You do not have to be a Calvinist to believe what I am telling you. You can be in an Evangelical or a Baptist or several of a Denominations. All it takes to believe that Lazarus was alive, is the Verse that says God is the God of the living but isn't the God of the dead. Lazarus was a Born Again Believer so he never died. I think that if you were not arguing with me right now, that whenever you Counsel somebody: you would tell them that as a Christian though their body perish, they will never die...

So why are you really here?
the unregenerate are conscious after death. Read about the rich man and lazarus in abrahams bosom. Your argument with dead/death fails again.

nekros: dead

Original Word:
νεκρός, ά, όν
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: nekros
Phonetic Spelling: (nek-ros')
Definition: dead
Usage: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse.

3498 nekrós (an adjective, derived from nekys, "a corpse, a dead body") – dead; literally, "what lacks life"; dead; (figuratively) not able to respond to impulses, or perform functions ("unable, ineffective, dead, powerless," L & N, 1, 74.28)

the unregenerate are conscious after death. Read about the rich man and lazarus in abrahams bosom. Your argument with dead/death fails again.
I would disagree that my point fails, because of the Verse that says God is the God of the living not the dead. Yes, Lazarus was Conscious after his body perished, but he was Conscious because he was Alive..

Is this the example that I asked from you? Or do you have something to follow up with? How does a Verse fail?

I would disagree that my point fails, because of the Verse that says God is the God of the living not the dead. Yes, Lazarus was Conscious after his body perished, but he was Conscious because he was Alive..

Is this the example that I asked from you? Or do you have something to follow up with? How does a Verse fail?
read my last answer both the unregenerate and regenerate are conscious after the body is dead ( nekros ) a corpse- lifeless.

and the " context " of your quote RIPPED out of the the bible has to do with the Resurrection and the reuniting of the body that is dead with the soul. They were discussing marriage in the afterlife remember ?

God is the God of the living, not the dead. The dead will rise again in the Resurrection which the Sadducees denied whom Jesus was refuting with His comment.

Matthew 22
That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[b]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

next

and the " context " of your quote RIPPED out of the the bible has to do with the Resurrection and the reuniting of the body that is dead with the soul. They were discussing marriage in the afterlife remember ?

God is the God of the living, not the dead. The dead will rise again in the Resurrection which the Sadducees denied whom Jesus was refuting with His comment.

Matthew 22
That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[b]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

next
I would disagree that anything I said ripped anything out of the Bible though. What I said is that the Bible says God is the God of the Living not the Dead. Lazarus was not dead in his Sin like he was before he was Saved through Faith in Jesus. He was Willing to come from Heaven and live again...

Are you telling me you would never teach anyone that when they die, they are still Alive; just Conscious Instead? Lazarus was as Alive as Jesus, when HE was in Paradise; either that or Jesus was not Alive but only Conscious...

Last edited:
I would disagree that anything I said ripped anything out of the Bible though. What I said is that the Bible says God is the God of the Living not the Dead. Lazarus was not dead in his Sin like he was before he was Saved through Faith in Jesus. He was Willing to come from Heaven and live again...

Are you telling me you would never teach anyone that when they die, they are still Alive; just Conscious? Lazarus was as Alive as Jesus was when he was in Paradise; either that or Jesus was not alive but only Conscious...
You are playing word games with dead and give it different meanings to support your doctrine much the same ways others do with world to support their theology with tulip. The calvinists cannot help themselves when it comes to the meaning of words and redefining them to suit their doctrines,

You are playing word games with dead and give it different meanings to support your doctrine much the same ways others do with world to support their theology with tulip. The calvinists cannot help themselves when it comes to the meaning of words and redefining them to suit their doctrines,
Could you provide an example of your claim here? I would like to think that I am playing the Sola Scriptura game, whenever I am offering a Verse which says that God is not the God of the Dead but the Living. I can't help but to say that Lazarus was Living before he died and while he was absent from his body four days. Do you have a good reason to believe he was not Alive?

One reason I believe this way is because I'm a Baptist...

Last edited:
Could you provide an example of your claim here? I would like to think that I am playing the Sola Scriptura game, whenever I am offering a Verse which says that God is not the God of the Dead but the Living. I can't help but to say that Lazarus was Living before he died and how he was absent from his body. Do you have a good reason to believe that he was not Alive?

One reason I believe this is because I'm a Baptist...
Your definition of dead. Look up nekros yourself as I've provided lexical definitions. The spiritual dead are even alive and conscious in the afterlife.

Lazarus had no choice to come alive and reunite his soul with his body. Jesus made him come back to life from the dead and walk out of the grave.

God had to raise Lazarus from the Dead...
And God did not have to resurrect lazarus in this life from the dead. God has to in the resurrection of the saints but did not have to when he was dead for 4 days in the grave. You are making an assumption and an argument form silence.

Could you provide an example of your claim here? I would like to think that I am playing the Sola Scriptura game, whenever I am offering a Verse which says that God is not the God of the Dead but the Living. I can't help but to say that Lazarus was Living before he died and while he was absent from his body four days. Do you have a good reason to believe he was not Alive?

One reason I believe this way is because I'm a Baptist...
As I have shown you the verse has a context- the future Resurrection of the saints.

Your definition of dead. Look up nekros yourself as I've provided lexical definitions. The spiritual dead are even alive and conscious in the afterlife.

Lazarus had no choice to come alive and reunite his soul with his body. Jesus made him come back to life from the dead and walk out of the grave.
That's more like it friend...

?

When you were unregenerate, did Jesus make you come to life? Did He force you?

Back