Circular Reasoning

Indeed.... priest to a first century Jew would be the priest they are familiar with, no? My point being the new Church did not want to confuse the new flock.
That must be the most strained argument I have read for quite a while. So you think that the NT writers were somehow afraid that a religion-neutral word like hiereus could be so confusing that they opted to use another word instead. And for some reason, Peter and John apparently did not get the memo. Some "arguments" are not even worth the energy to refute.

The question was asked, right here on this very forum, and none of you rc's on here, could answer in your own words, how you would share the gospel with some one who has never heard it. And look at your reply in the above quote.... I got directed to a rc priest instead of you saying what the gospel is.

And your reply shows exactly where your faith and trust is. Your able to tell us about your institution but not about Christ.
evangelization is not a one time encounter and you do not know me personally. evangelization is knowing, sharing, and living the cathollic faith with others. in this forum, i am merely explaining/clarifying the wrong notions of non-catholics on the church as best as i can within the bounderies of the church's teachings. If you have questions on religion, you can pm me and i will try my best to answer them.

evangelization is knowing, sharing, and living the cathollic faith with others. in this forum, i am merely explaining/clarifying the wrong notions of non-catholics on the church as best as i can within the bounderies of the church's teachings.

Really, then why did you point me to a rc priest?

ramcam2 said:
sorry for that bad experience of yours.
if you are interested on the church jesus established in jerusalem, 33dad. talk to your parish priest or maybe attend the RCIA classes in your parish

evangelization is not a one time encounter and you do not know me personally. evangelization is knowing, sharing, and living the cathollic faith with others. in this forum, i am merely explaining/clarifying the wrong notions of non-catholics on the church as best as i can within the bounderies of the church's teachings. If you have questions on religion, you can pm me and i will try my best to answer them.

Your not explaining anything. I have already read dozens and dozens of rc posts in this forum that direct us in every which direction but the actual faith and trust in Jesus. There have been posts that have thrown both Jesus and Scripture under the bus when it has suited the whim of the rc posting

There is NOTHING in Scripture which commands us to seek a priest to hear the gospel message. Or seek out an institution. But it does command us to believe in and trust in the one God sent. We either learn of the good news by reading Scripture for ourselves, or someone shares the good news with others. I already put my faith and trust in Jesus. HE is fully capable of saving me and will see that I get there. Jesus is very powerful and is fully able to give me eternal life. HIM, not some priest from the rcc.

Where did the poster imply it was a one time encounter? You post here regularly so it would be more than a one time encounter.

evangelization is not a one time encounter and you do not know me personally. evangelization is knowing, sharing, and living the cathollic faith with others.
what is it that you share with others? note that you list the catholic faith, not faith in Christ.

in this forum, i am merely explaining/clarifying the wrong notions of non-catholics on the church as best as i can within the bounderies of the church's teachings. If you have questions on religion, you can pm me and i will try my best to answer them.
what Christians know about rcc teachings are not 'wrong notions'. the rcc seldom teaches anything that is according to scripture.

yes, within the rcc bounderies, not within God's bounderies.

what catholics have is a man made religion. Christianity is not a man made religion.

There is also one cross by which we have been sanctified and perfected once and for all. The Kryptonite of all sects is that people start to think for themselves and read the Scriptures for themselves, thereby discovering all the pernicious lies of their sects. The Bible, on the other hand, encourages all people to read and interpret its pages. Again and again, Jesus asked those He conversed with: "how do you read?" The noble Bereans studied the Scriptures in order to verify what Paul was saying. And they were commended for it. As said, there can be no divisions among those who trust Christ alone and His perfect salvific work on our behalf.
the bereans did not adhere to 'sola scriptura' if that is what you imply. unlike the thessaloniang, they accepted the oral teachings of paul with eagerness before they tried to search the old testament for it. anyway, what if two christians, searching the bible, still gets contradictory results... who is the third authority that will break the deadlock.
You seem to be the victim of an etymological error. The word for "priest" in Greek is hiereus, not presbyteros (which means "elder"). Peter writes that all believers are priests. The notion that some are "ordained" to priests with the responsibility of handling the "sacraments" is completely foreign to the New Testament.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood [basileion hierateuma], a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (1 Pet. 2:9)
i am referring to the ministerial priesthood. in the old testament, these are the levites. od course, we are all priests (a royal priesthood) but when the new testament mentions, bishops, elders/priests. and deacons, is their respective roles the same way as the priesthood of all believers?

from the online etymology dictionary...
priest (noun).... Middle English prēst, "cleric ranking below a bishop and above a deacon, a parish priest," from Old English preost, which probably was shortened from the older Germanic form represented by Old Saxon and Old High German prestar, Old Frisian prestere, all from Vulgar Latin *prester "priest," from Late Latin presbyter "presbyter, elder," from Greek presbyteros "elder (of two), old, venerable," comparative of presbys "old" (see presby-).
That does not make sense at all. We are fallible yes, but the Spirit is infallible. So if the Spirit guides us, how can we err? And the Scriptures nowhere claim that the church will not err.
the promise of guidance of the spirit ot truty as promised by jesus was made to the apostles, the first bishops of his church. they and their successors were the teaching authority of his church and the reason why luke 10: 16 says , “He who hears you hears me”.

You are getting the details confused. Jeremiah prophesied that no one would have to tell the other to know God, because we will all know Him.

what jeremiah is referring are the old laws/mosaic laws for the moral law is a rule of conduct written by god in our hearts.
None of those attributes entail him being a "pope". So the proof I would like to see is that Peter is called the leader of the church.
would you like the writings of the early christians? some of them were taught by the apostles and their disciples in the first 500 years of christianity.

That God will send preachers to bring in His harvest. Not that preachers belong to a certain "lineage".

i can agree but are all preachers legit? i mean, what is our guarantee that what they preach is the same gospel preached by jesus and his apostles? how come there are different churches claiming to preach the gospel and yet there is no single faith? is there only one gospel or many?

what is it that you share with others? note that you list the catholic faith, not faith in Christ.
jesus established only one church, not many denominations with different doctrines.
what Christians know about rcc teachings are not 'wrong notions'. the rcc seldom teaches anything that is according to scripture.

yes, within the rcc bounderies, not within God's bounderies.

what catholics have is a man made religion. Christianity is not a man made religion.
only the catholic church can claim to be founded by god, the others are all founded by man. give me the name of your church/religious organization and with the internet's help, i can tell you who founded it.

jesus established only one church, not many denominations with different doctrines.

only the catholic church can claim to be founded by god, the others are all founded by man. give me the name of your church/religious organization and with the internet's help, i can tell you who founded it.
Your instition is NOT founded by God and never was. It fails every single test, except one, it looks nothing like His church. The only test your institution passes with flying colours is the bad tree test.

The Rcc is a lying institution proof it is not founded by God.

Your not explaining anything. I have already read dozens and dozens of rc posts in this forum that direct us in every which direction but the actual faith and trust in Jesus. There have been posts that have thrown both Jesus and Scripture under the bus when it has suited the whim of the rc posting

There is NOTHING in Scripture which commands us to seek a priest to hear the gospel message. Or seek out an institution. But it does command us to believe in and trust in the one God sent. We either learn of the good news by reading Scripture for ourselves, or someone shares the good news with others. I already put my faith and trust in Jesus. HE is fully capable of saving me and will see that I get there. Jesus is very powerful and is fully able to give me eternal life. HIM, not some priest from the rcc.
i have explained in this forum that to believe and trust in jesus(head), one has to believe and trust his body(church). this is the complete package and we cannot love jesus christ without loving his body, the church is the bride and jesus is the groom (eph5: 15-32)

This is the whole Christ, head and body, one formed from many . . . whether the head or members speak, it is Christ who speaks. He speaks in his role as the head (ex persona capitis) and in his role as body (ex persona corporis). What does this mean? “The two will become one flesh. This is a great mystery, and I am applying it to Christ and the Church.” And the Lord himself says in the Gospel: “So they are no longer two, but one flesh.” They are, in fact, two different persons, yet they are one in the conjugal union, . . . as head, he calls himself the bridegroom, as body, he calls himself “bride” (CCC 796).

Back