Foxe's Book of Martyrs

How many Roman Catholics in this forum have read the "Foxe's Book of Martyrs"?
a) None – it probably has an omnia obstat (all offends) in the RCC! Or,
b) Any who have read it and are still in the RCC have decided that it's a pack of "anti- [Roman] Catholic" lies. Which is an emotional – as opposed to a reasoned – response.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

a) None – it probably has an omnia obstat (all offends) in the RCC! Or,
b) Any who have read it and are still in the RCC have decided that it's a pack of "anti- [Roman] Catholic" lies. Which is an emotional – as opposed to a reasoned – response.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
BUT HEY!!!! At least the Roman Catholic Church and it's governmental lackeys don't generally MURDER people that get in their way any more. At least THAT'S "Progress".

BUT HEY!!!! At least the Roman Catholic Church and it's governmental lackeys don't generally MURDER people that get in their way any more. At least THAT'S "Progress".
No the leaders just harm the sheep. How many of their victims committed suicide and the rcs cover it up by saying their is no evidence that the molestations caused them to commit suicide. Rubbish.

Last edited:
"Progress" (with the quotes) is right. But I fear this "progress" is that of a mass murderer locked behind bars. Has he "progressed" in not-killing because he realizes that he was wrong? or rather because he is powerless to murder anyone? Remember, the [un-] Holy Office of the Inquisition still exists, even if its name has been changed.

--Rich

"Progress" (with the quotes) is right. But I fear this "progress" is that of a mass murderer locked behind bars. Has he "progressed" in not-killing because he realizes that he was wrong? or rather because he is powerless to murder anyone? Remember, the [un-] Holy Office of the Inquisition still exists, even if its name has been changed.

--Rich
I just remembered the large funds SA rc schools ripped off our Federal govt (I did a thread on it). So many of our pollies are rcs, so they can still get their hands in the cookie jar and use it. The rc wields a lot of power in getting Govt funds and it is behind the govt doing radical changes, which would mean non govt schools got better funding.

This book is Protestant propaganda that was written more as a polemic against Catholicism than as an accurate story of the martyrdoms experienced by Christians.

This book is Protestant propaganda that was written more as a polemic against Catholicism than as an accurate story of the martyrdoms experienced by Christians.
Thank you for proving my point b.
Any who have read it and are still in the RCC have decided that it's a pack of "anti- [Roman] Catholic" lies. Which is an emotional – as opposed to a reasoned – response.

By the way, have you read it? I have, but decades ago.

--Rich

Please prove your claim, otherwise don't repeat it. Rcs love to make claims but never back them up.
Does it include the Calvinist persecution and murder of the Anabaptists or the many Catholics persecuted and murdered by Henry VIII and other leaders of the Protestant revolt?

Thank you for proving my point b.
Any who have read it and are still in the RCC have decided that it's a pack of "anti- [Roman] Catholic" lies. Which is an emotional – as opposed to a reasoned – response.

By the way, have you read it? I have, but decades ago.

--Rich
Oh, well that's it. If you said it, it must be true! LOL!

No the leaders just harm the sheep. How many of their victims committed suicide and the rcs cover it up by saying their is no evidence that the molestations caused them to commit suicide. Rubbish.
Amen! The world-wide Roman Catholic clergy's sick fascination with molesting little children, knowing that their church would keep it hidden, was/ is rampant. I am sure that the murders and tortures done to innocent, men, women and children was kept under wraps too during these all the other persecutions that have been organized, backed, and totally approved of by the despicable Roman Catholic Church. This brutal child abuse world-wide crime is just another Roman Catholic Church persecution against children and the parents also. Innocent little children who have been sexually brutalized by these sick Roman Catholic priests, all with the Vatican's approval, have paid a high price for being a child that was baptized a Roman Catholic, that they had no choice in, and they will pay that price their entire life, while the Roman Catholic priest just gayly skips off to find his next victim. The RCC has never stopped their "persecutions" in one form or another - and they persecute their own people!!! Go figure!

Last edited:
Back