Russia withdraws from Lyman, city in annexed region

vibise

This is from the NYT. Am not posting a link since it is behind a paywall, however, this news should be available elsewhere.

Russian forces withdrew from the strategic eastern city of Lyman on Saturday, a significant setback just a day after President Vladimir V. Putin’s internationally derided declaration that the region where it lies was now part of Russia.

The battle for Lyman, a city in Donetsk Province with a pre-war population of 20,000, is particularly poorly timed for the Kremlin after it illegally declared its annexation of four regions in Ukraine where battles are raging and Kyiv’s stunning victories in the country’s northeast last month.

It puts additional pressure on the Kremlin, which has been facing blowback at home over its setbacks on the battlefield and the conscription of hundreds of thousands of men to fight in Ukraine.

Hours after Ukraine’s defense ministry said its forces were entering the city, Russia’s Ministry of Defense said in it had made the decision to pull out of Lyman. Confirmation of the withdrawal staved off a potential worst-case scenario for the Kremlin in which Russian troops were trapped in the city.
Good news. Hope the Ukrainians can keep this up.

I wonder if the Russian public is being informed of this.

The ball is in Putin's court. He claimed that these regions were Russian forever, and that attacks on them would be regarded as attacks on Russia. He implied that he would respond with nuclear weapons.

I cannot imagine he would do anything so foolish, but dangerous men do foolish things when backed into a corner.

This is from the NYT. Am not posting a link since it is behind a paywall, however, this news should be available elsewhere.

I also wonder if the newly minted, yet fake Russian citizens will be used as conscripts to fight against their brothers, sisters, and close relatives in the current and ongoing Ukrainian counteroffensive.

__

Last edited:

NYT is a Fake News leader.
I see some that cherish Fake News give it a "like"

Meanwhile...back in Russia?

Agreements Signed! Four new States Have Officially Joined Russia (article)​

Putin Speech Told Ukraine to Halt Attacks; Ukraine Attacked Harder - Now, Iskander-M's Coming in from Russia. (article)​

I also wonder if the newly minted, yet fake Russian citizens will be used as conscripts to fight against their brothers, sisters, and close relatives in the current and ongoing Ukrainian counteroffensive.

__
I thought of that also. Exactly something Putin would do. He needs cannon fodder.

Why do you refuse to post links?
You demand links from others.

Left winger excuses.
In previous threads other posters have pointed out that NYT articles are behind a paywall and not accessible, so I instead provided a quote that summarizes the point of the article.

If you doubt the story, you can easily find articles from other sources.

In previous threads other posters have pointed out that NYT articles are behind a paywall and not accessible, so I instead provided a quote that summarizes the point of the article.

If you doubt the story, you can easily find articles from other sources.
Links, stop the excuses.

Stop the deflections.

Link behind paywall.

stop wasting our time by refusing to post links that are not blocked.

Good Americans won't pay to read your filthy supermarket tabloids.
I pointed this out in my OP as a reason for not providing a link, but you insisted that I produce one, so I did.

You can easily check out this information on any reputable news source.

I pointed this out in my OP as a reason for not providing a link, but you insisted that I produce one, so I did.

You can easily check out this information on any reputable news source.
If it agrees with you then it is reputable.

If it agrees with you then it is reputable.
This was a factual story about Ukraine taking over a city formerly held by Russia.
This was not an opinion piece that could be subject to disagreement.
This was all over the news.
Facts are facts.

This was a factual story about Ukraine taking over a city formerly held by Russia.
This was not an opinion piece that could be subject to disagreement.
This was all over the news.
Facts are facts.
Trying to change the subject

NYT Yello Journo Supermarket tabloid was awarded a Pulitzer Prize for investigation and coverage of the Russian Collusion and Steele dossier farcinations.

We are watching who defends their lies.

Back