Lazarus ....!

Hope and Perseverance go hand and hand, one of the marks of authentic faith is perseverance, and faith perseveres because it is sustained by hope. That faith involves hope is apparent from 1 Thessalonians 1:9, which is a classic description of conversion. The Thessalonians “turned” (epistrephō) to God and away from their idols in order “to serve” (douleuein) “the living and true God.”

Faith involves a radical turning to the one and only God, and the shift in loyalty signifies a new life and a new future. A new faith always implies a new hope, and this is verified by the next verse in 1 Thessalonians. The Thessalonians renounced their idols and pledged their service to God, waiting for the return of Christ, confident that he would deliver them “from the coming wrath” (1 Thess 1:10).

Genuine faith is always a persevering faith because it is animated by the hope that the God who called believers to himself will save them from his wrath on the day of the Lord.

There is hope for you yet.

I already did that, long ago.
If you recall, I offered you the olive branch of truce twice, and both times you simply threw it back in my face. Hopefully you are sincere this time.
I offered you the olive branch of truce in my post . Now you simply threw it back in my face since my return. Hopefully you are sincere this time with the truce. I look forward to discussing the Bible with you and not people .

hope this helps !!!

I offered you the olive branch of truce in my post . Now you simply threw it back in my face since my return. Hopefully you are sincere this time with the truce. I look forward to discussing the Bible with you and not people .

hope this helps !!!
hope this helps !!! Isn't there another person here that ends his posts like that?

hope this helps !!! Isn't there another person here that ends his posts like that?
Use to be by the name of civic/Chalcedon now just plain old Christian :)

I vaguely remember you as civic . :) More do now as Christian. I like your approach and the way you post - staying on point with the discussion / topic and scripture references . You seem like a well rounded fellow . :)

I tend to agree with you. The one thing I haven't seen discussed here is what are we elected for. Most everyone's knee jerk reaction is that we are elected to be saved. The only verse that even remotely might say that is 2 Th 2:13. But even then it's not through God's choosing/election that we are saved. It's "through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth" that we are saved.

You continue to confuse the issues of "cause" ("by") and "means" ("through").

We are saved BY God's election.
We are saved THROUGH belief of the truth.

2 Th 2:13 "But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brothers beloved of the Lord, because God has from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth,"

You ignore the meat, "God has ... CHOSEN you to salvation".

We aren't ignoring the means.
But YOU are the one ignoring the CAUSE.

hope this helps !!!

You continue to discuss personal issues, instead of Scripture, exactly the OPPOSITE of what you falsely claimed you came here to do.

And you engage in "monkey see, monkey do", by simply repeating my words like a parrot.

I wanted to thank the Calvinists and non Calvinists for the friendly , cordial and respectful conversations we have had on many of these these threads the past few days . :)

It takes two to Tangle...

Thanks go to you for finally getting it...
It’s been consistent with all the posters as an observation with conversations I’m not even in and those I’m in brother :)

There are productive and unproductive ways to converse when we differ theologically. :)

Last edited:
You continue to confuse the issues of "cause" ("by") and "means" ("through").

We are saved BY God's election.
We are saved THROUGH belief of the truth.

You ignore the meat, "God has ... CHOSEN you to salvation".

We aren't ignoring the means.
But YOU are the one ignoring the CAUSE.
I'm not ignoring anything including the fact that our election is conditional on our "belief of the truth". How about you? Will you continue to ignore that fact?

Back