SIDE dishes

Breaded and Baked Zucchini

Tangy breaded zucchini is baked until soft.
By Meggles
Prep:
15 mins
Cook:
30 mins
Total:
45 mins
Servings:
Yield:
2 servings
Breaded and Baked Zucchini

• 2 tablespoons brown mustard
  • 2 tablespoons fat free Italian salad dressing
  • ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick

Directions​

• Step 1
    Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  • Step 2
    Mix mustard and Italian dressing together in a bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Dip zucchini slices in the mustard mixture; coat with bread crumbs. Arrange coated zucchini in a casserole dish.
  • Step 3
    Bake in the preheated oven until soft, about 30 minutes.
© Copyright 2022 Allrecipes. All rights reserved.

I wish I could eat these right now.
I am with you they are tempting us to eat. That looks tasty. I wish my husband liked zucchinis. I grate them into savoury slices and sauces.

I noticed on the internet that you could make coconut rice in the rice cooker, seems simple enough. Coconut rice is a nice side for some Asian dishes.
I don't mind some Asian food. My stepmother made good sukiyaki. I never bought a rice cooker, but I cooked a lot of rice.

One of my favorite side dishes goes way back to Thanksgiving at my Grandfather and Grandmothers house in Lewiston, Idaho in the 60's. My Grandma made a thing called sweet potato balls for Thanksgiving, along with all the usuals. She took yams, or sweet potatoes, boiled them until tender, used a potato masher and mashed them. Then she would take the sweet potato mash, wrap it around a marshmallow, roll it in crushed bran flakes and then deep fat fry it. Man, those were like candy to my brother and I and I still crave them at Thanksgiving.

I have a cook book from the 40's called The American Woman's Cook Book. Now, I'm 100% male but I truly enjoy cooking. What peaked my interest in this cook book was the title, " The American Woman's Cook Book". Feminists would have kittens if someone today came out with a cook book titled like this.

One of my favorite side dishes goes way back to Thanksgiving at my Grandfather and Grandmothers house in Lewiston, Idaho in the 60's. My Grandma made a thing called sweet potato balls for Thanksgiving, along with all the usuals. She took yams, or sweet potatoes, boiled them until tender, used a potato masher and mashed them. Then she would take the sweet potato mash, wrap it around a marshmallow, roll it in crushed bran flakes and then deep fat fry it. Man, those were like candy to my brother and I and I still crave them at Thanksgiving.
I cannot image having marshmallows in potatoes are they a dessert? It would be interesting to try.

I have a cook book from the 40's called The American Woman's Cook Book. Now, I'm 100% male but I truly enjoy cooking. What peaked my interest in this cook book was the title, " The American Woman's Cook Book". Feminists would have kittens if someone today came out with a cook book titled like this.
I think a lot of cookbooks thought only woman could cook. It really does a disservice to mean who like to cook, or live alone. My husband is the cook in our family. I wonder most of the chefs were men, if it was considered woman's work?

My cooking is so great that the boys would tell their friends to come to dinner, dad was cooking. After many years of complaints and no deaths, I gave up cooking. Now all I hear is I am tired of cooking, your could cook.

I think a lot of cookbooks thought only woman could cook. It really does a disservice to mean who like to cook, or live alone. My husband is the cook in our family. I wonder most of the chefs were men, if it was considered woman's work?

My cooking is so great that the boys would tell their friends to come to dinner, dad was cooking. After many years of complaints and no deaths, I gave up cooking. Now all I hear is I am tired of cooking, your could cook.
It was how it was back then. The men worked and the women stayed home and took care of the children and home, it's still the best plan imo. I'm retired (have been since 2018) and my Mrs. still works so I do most of the cooking for her. I like that she can come home from work and have dinner standing by and yea, I'm a fair cook. I also bbq with charcoal and can put out a pretty mean steak. My specialty for dessert is Cheese Cake with tart cherries.

It was how it was back then. The men worked and the women stayed home and took care of the children and home, it's still the best plan imo. I'm retired (have been since 2018) and my Mrs. still works so I do most of the cooking for her. I like that she can come home from work and have dinner standing by and yea, I'm a fair cook. I also bbq with charcoal and can put out a pretty mean steak. My specialty for dessert is Cheese Cake with tart cherries.
I would love your dessert, yum. I love bbqs.

I believe if you both work, then you both share the chores. When we were first married I hated the laundromat, so my husband did the laundry and I cleaned the flat. That way we both got some relax time on the weekends.

It's a traditional side dish in the US at Thanksgiving, the sweet potato, usually mashed. I like mine with marsmallows melted on top and I can attest to how good it is. Yum!
I will accept your word for it but sweet potatoes are a food I cannot eat much of, alone with no onions or garlic or peppers or coffee. So annoying.

I cannot image having marshmallows in potatoes are they a dessert? It would be interesting to try.
I was shocked when I learned that Pennsylvania Dutch (Amish) cooking allowed sweets on the diinner menu. Then I was delighted. I bought some Pennsylvania Dutch cookbooks. Now I don't remember where or when I had my first sweet potatoes, but they became a favorite. My mother and non-adventurous eater brother came to visit. I always served sweet potatoes when I served ham. i found out that my mother doesn't care for them(not even with only butter). She doesn't even like sweet pickles! She and my aforementioned brother absolutely wouldn't eat anything sweet until they'd finished with the non-sweet part of the dinner. She was upset when she meant to buy a pumpkin pie and accidently went home with a sweet potao pie (that used to be a southern dish but now it's also sold in the north.) One time the same brother visited by himself and asked me if the canned fruit I served was pears! He actually liked them! I think he was in his fifties!

Sweet potatoes are orange in color and are slightly sweet even without marshmallows; they are not a dessert even if you add other ingredients. The only dessert I've heard of with sweet potatoes is sweet potato pie which is actually less sweet than many of the recipies served with dinner (often as a substitute for Irish potatoes.)

My mother used to make pickled beets and eggs (NO SUGAR)! I prefer the Amish Red Beets and Eggs.

Cheesecake with cherries! :love:

Back