The ONE who sits on the Throne

101G

Revelation 4:2 "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Revelation 4:3 "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

clearly, only ONE person sits on the throne, (and it's only one throne), and that's the Lord Jesus who sits. scripture, Revelation 21:5 "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." Revelation 21:6 "And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."

the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. is the Lord Jesus, see Rev. 1:8 and Rev. 22:12. now, with that establish,

here's the dilemma for many, Revelation 5:5 "And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof." Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth." Revelation 5:7 "And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne."

QUESTION, "if the Lord Jesus sits on the Throne, (which he does), explain How he stands, (stood a Lamb as it had been slain) before the SAME throne he sits on, and on top of that takes the book out of his own RIGHT HAND as he sits?

:ninja:

this is the Delima many face who thought it was the one, whom many say the "Father"is the one who sits on the Throne, and the Son stand before the throne. well now they must re-think all that they believe.

Revelation 4:2 "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." Revelation 4:3 "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald."

clearly, only ONE person sits on the throne, (and it's only one throne), and that's the Lord Jesus who sits. scripture, Revelation 21:5 "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." Revelation 21:6 "And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."

the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. is the Lord Jesus, see Rev. 1:8 and Rev. 22:12. now, with that establish,

here's the dilemma for many, Revelation 5:5 "And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof." Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth." Revelation 5:7 "And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne."

QUESTION, "if the Lord Jesus sits on the Throne, (which he does), explain How he stands, (stood a Lamb as it had been slain) before the SAME throne he sits on, and on top of that takes the book out of his own RIGHT HAND as he sits?

Hi.
In Acts 7, Jesus stood fo Stephen when he was killed by the group who stoned him.

The scriptures say that he's seated at the right hand of God.

Consider the following.

We are limited to what the bible describes, for our understanding of what's happening in heaven at any given moment.

Upon what basis are you viewing the timing of each incident described in these passages?
Are you imposing a timeline for how you're viewing it?

Please don't do that if you are.

Let the scripture tell us what is happening.

Hi.
In Acts 7, Jesus stood fo Stephen when he was killed by the group who stoned him.

The scriptures say that he's seated at the right hand of God.

Consider the following.

We are limited to what the bible describes, for our understanding of what's happening in heaven at any given moment.

Upon what basis are you viewing the timing of each incident described in these passages?
Are you imposing a timeline for how you're viewing it?

Please don't do that if you are.

Let the scripture tell us what is happening.
GINOLJC, to all.
First, I disagree with your assessment, and here's why.

A. Acts 7 concerning our brother Stephen, the terminology, "Right Hand" is not a physical location, repeat, NOT a physical location, but a description of one in "Full" or All Power.

B. we are NOT, and I repeat, we are NOT limited to what the bible describes. we are to search out a matter just as Proverbs 25:2 states, "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." and we're kings and priests in Christ Jesus. and on top of that, we have the comforter, the greatest teacher .... EVER. and he will guide us in all truth. we reject your statement.

C. No timeline is needed, the vision is shown in actual time designations of events that are recorded in the Bible.

D. "Please don't do that if you are. Let the scripture tell us what is happening." AM I? see above, read your bible, and let the Holy Spirt teach you. as the scripture's states, "ye have not because ye ask not". we suggest u get to asking ...... in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Now, can u agree with the OP, or do u have a different view. if so, poste it so all can review it.

GINOLJC, to all.
First, I disagree with your assessment, and here's why.

A. Acts 7 concerning our brother Stephen, the terminology, "Right Hand" is not a physical location, repeat, NOT a physical location, but a description of one in "Full" or All Power.

B. we are NOT, and I repeat, we are NOT limited to what the bible describes. we are to search out a matter just as Proverbs 25:2 states, "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." and we're kings and priests in Christ Jesus. and on top of that, we have the comforter, the greatest teacher .... EVER. and he will guide us in all truth. we reject your statement.

C. No timeline is needed, the vision is shown in actual time designations of events that are recorded in the Bible.

D. "Please don't do that if you are. Let the scripture tell us what is happening." AM I? see above, read your bible, and let the Holy Spirt teach you. as the scripture's states, "ye have not because ye ask not". we suggest u get to asking ...... in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Now, can u agree with the OP, or do u have a different view. if so, poste it so all can review it.

Good morning.

I just did state my view.

And I'm not disagreeing with the passages you've provided.
I'm actually a great lover of Proverbs 25:2, Deuteronomy 29:29 (God has kept secrets, but he's given us everything we need to know him and live in a manner that honors Him.), psalm 25:14 (he gives his secrets to those who fear him), psalm 111:10 (those who fear God and do his work have good understanding), and numerous others.

I am however saying that our perspective is limited to what we have been given in scripture.

In 1 Corinthians 13:12, we read that at present, we see as through a dim/smoky glass, but then (as in eternity) We will know as we are known.

So, while we should indeed continue to grow in our learning and understanding of the truth, there actually does come a point where we just don't know everything.

I have a novel idea for you.

For a long time, people had tried claiming that the book of Revelation was a book of word pictures and metaphors.

Several years ago a teacher I became acquainted with taught that the book of Revelation was 404 verses, and it had over 800 allusions to old testament ideas. He further stated that everything described in it could be found in the old testament.

So, I'd say.....

Continue reading and incorporate the old testament into your reading.

Ezekiel, Zachariah, Daniel, and others have a great collection of themes, prophecies, etc... which further illuminate the book of Revelation.

Grace and peace be with you.
In Christ.

Again, Good morning to you, my brother.
I am however saying that our perspective is limited to what we have been given in scripture.
I agree, alone by ourselves, but we have been given the Comforter to GUIDE us in all TRUTH, and the scriptures are the TRUTH. so, we have no excuse.
In 1 Corinthians 13:12, we read that at present, we see as through a dim/smoky glass, but then (as in eternity) We will know as we are known.

So, while we should indeed continue to grow in our learning and understanding of the truth, there actually does come a point where we just don't know everything.
yes, the keyword is GROW, 1 Corinthians 13:8 "Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." 1 Corinthians 13:9 "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part." 1 Corinthians 13:10 "But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." (WHY?), 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." (WE MUST GROW UP). 1 Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

Matthew 10:26 "Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known."

1 Corinthians 3:21 "Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;" 1 Corinthians 3:22 "Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;"

1 Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."1 Corinthians 2:10 "But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God."1 Corinthians 2:11 "For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." 1 Corinthians 2:12 "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." 1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." 1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:15 "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man." 1 Corinthians 2:16 "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."
I have a novel idea for you.

For a long time, people had tried claiming that the book of Revelation was a book of word pictures and metaphors.

Several years ago a teacher I became acquainted with taught that the book of Revelation was 404 verses, and it had over 800 allusions to old testament ideas. He further stated that everything described in it could be found in the old testament.

So, I'd say.....

Continue reading and incorporate the old testament into your reading.

Ezekiel, Zachariah, Daniel, and others have a great collection of themes, prophecies, etc... which further illuminate the book of Revelation.
I have a novel idea for you too. the book of Revelation is a book of Past, (OT), present, (NT), and that which is to Come, (HOLY SPIRIT TEACHING).

101G.

Again, Good morning to you, my brother.

I agree, alone by ourselves, but we have been given the Comforter to GUIDE us in all TRUTH, and the scriptures are the TRUTH. so, we have no excuse.

yes, the keyword is GROW, 1 Corinthians 13:8 "Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." 1 Corinthians 13:9 "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part." 1 Corinthians 13:10 "But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." (WHY?), 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." (WE MUST GROW UP). 1 Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

Matthew 10:26 "Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known."

1 Corinthians 3:21 "Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;" 1 Corinthians 3:22 "Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;"

1 Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."1 Corinthians 2:10 "But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God."1 Corinthians 2:11 "For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." 1 Corinthians 2:12 "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." 1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." 1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:15 "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man." 1 Corinthians 2:16 "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

I have a novel idea for you too. the book of Revelation is a book of Past, (OT), present, (NT), and that which is to Come, (HOLY SPIRIT TEACHING).

101G.
Indeed, all these things describe how the truth of everything will be made known when we get to eternity.

Thus, while we do indeed have the mind of Christ, and know that God has incredible things in store for us, what the details of them are are not yet known to us.

It's pretty clear however that you only want to be right, so, you enjoy yourself.

I'm going to continue on.

Ciao.

Indeed, all these things describe how the truth of everything will be made known when we get to eternity.
that's counterproductive no, the bible is written for us now. if for eternity why even tell us about it now? I cannot buy that
Thus, while we do indeed have the mind of Christ, and know that God has incredible things in store for us, what the details of them are are not yet known to us.
yes, we have the MIND of Christ, but if we don't use it, a MIND is a terrible thing to waste.
It's pretty clear however that you only want to be right, so, you enjoy yourself.

I'm going to continue on.
don't you want to be RIGHT when the Lord return? rejecting the TRUTH is not an option. neither is sticking one's head in the sand.

but as u said, "go on".

that's counterproductive no, the bible is written for us now. if for eternity why even tell us about it now? I cannot buy that

yes, we have the MIND of Christ, but if we don't use it, a MIND is a terrible thing to waste.

don't you want to be RIGHT when the Lord return? rejecting the TRUTH is not an option. neither is sticking one's head in the sand.

but as u said, "go on".

I want to be right WITH Jesus.
I'm not particularly interested in trying to argue with people who are more interested in winning than in following Christ.
And the reason I see it this way is because I have seen that you have a ninja emoji on your posts. Which tells me that you are an assassin of anyone who doesn't agree with you.
I'm not seeing any real value in that.

Then, Jesus invited me to this forum to talk with people who are perishing.

So, if you ever decide that preaching the cross of Jesus is more important than winning arguments with the saved, please remember that Jesus came to save sinners, not the righteous.

Further remember that Jesus said we're to pray for the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into the harvest.
😎

Take care.

Last edited:
I want to be right WITH Jesus.
I'm not particularly interested in trying to argue with people who are more interested in winning than in following Christ.
first thanks for the reply, second, who's arguing?
who's winning? haven't that been settled over thousand years ago? following Christ is the point. get the right MIND set, "let this mind be in you that is in Christ Jesus,
And the reason I see it this way is because I have seen that you have a ninja emoji on your posts. Which tells me that you are an assassin of anyone who doesn't agree with you.
I'm not seeing any real value in that.
personal Opinion? as said, it's an emoji
So, if you ever decide that preaching the cross of Jesus is more important than winning arguments with the saved, please remember that Jesus came to save sinners, not the righteous.
and what's new? are all these topics on this forum preaching Christ?

look, let's just discuss the topic at hand......
101G.

Now the Delima, again,
many who thought it was the one, whom they say, is the "Father", (a separate and distinct person). is the one who sits on the Throne, and the Son, (another separate and distinct person), standing before the throne. well TRUE, but the Father who sits on the throne is the Lord God Almighty, JESUS, (who is also the Son), now they must re-think all that they believe. for it is Jesus, the Lord God almighty who stands before the very throne he sits on. :eek: YIKES!

as brother Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews once said, "How can these things be?". the answer ..... JESUS, almighty God is the ECHAD of himself, as the Ordinal First, and the Ordinal Last. any other answer, is as false as three, left shoes.

Back