Why do you guys worship Jesus as a god.

?

It all boils down to this. Anyone can pray to Jesus, Jim Jones, David Koresh said Jesus honored their prayers.

These as most here in this forum do not understand what prayer is. Prayer is not asking, prayer is in communication, talking with God, not to Him.

I have stated this before but Jesus made the most profound simple statement when he took his disciples up on the mountain to pray and his instruction was, what with me, not for me. Otherwise, talk with God not to Him. Most cant listen because they are to busy talking and telling their gods what they would have of these gods.
That was supposed to say, watch WITH me, He didnt say watch not for me.

I know. You have no valid argument.
I said, "14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." , fwiw.

I said, "14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." , fwiw.

Great, because Paul already made clear the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer in 1 Corinthians 1:2.
The natural man (you) does not accept this fact.

Great, because Paul already made clear the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer in 1 Corinthians 1:2.
The natural man (you) does not accept this fact.
Gnostic Paul just laid out Gnostic concept of soul natures : matetial, soulish, spiritual. Similar like Jesus in Prodigal Son Story.

Gnostic Paul

Congratulations to you, too.

You are now on my IGNORE LIST.

You're a heretic.
https://forums.carm.org/threads/was-paul-the-thirteenth-apostle-of-jesus.8216/page-8#post-699222

bye
?

Would not care ... Matt 13.
"49John answered, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not follow with us.” 50But Jesus said to him, “Do not stop him, for the one who is not against you is for you.”

?

It all boils down to this. Anyone can pray to Jesus, Jim Jones, David Koresh said Jesus honored their prayers.
These as most here in this forum do not understand what prayer is. Prayer is not asking, prayer is in communication, talking with God, not to Him. I have stated this before...
We heard your gnostic muttering before.
Gary Mac said:
I was an atheist didnt believe in a god or gods, but at least I had an open mind.
so I was honest enough to sit and say outlaid with my my mouth " OK god if you are who all of these say you are you are going to have to reveal yourself to me,...
This is not about beliefs -- it is about God manifesting Himself ini you
Jesus made the most profound simple statement when he took his disciples up on the mountain
And Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”
And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear Him.
Mark 9:1-8
Most cant listen because they are to busy talking and telling their gods what they would have of these gods.
Let your requests be made known to God; with thanksgiving, and the peace of God, which surpasses gnostic muttering
will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7

Do not fear for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32

Last edited:

And Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”
And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear Him.

Let your requests be made known to God; with thanksgiving, and the peace of God, which surpasses gnostic muttering

Do not fear for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32
Truth is that you heard what Jesus said you would be but in your religion His way is aimless gnosticism for you as you keep accusing his ways of. .

Let your requests be made known to God; with thanksgiving, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding
Truth is that you heard what Jesus said you would be but in your religion His way is aimless gnosticism for you as you keep accusing his ways of. .
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead gnosticism to serve the living God? And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. Heb 9:14-15

Let your requests be made known to God; with thanksgiving, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead gnosticism to serve the living God? And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. Heb 9:14-15
I had my own direct experience with God/Spirit and I know Gnostic Method ("Spirit and truth") is very much alive and real, this my testimony not from Book or pastors but my own experience.

Anyone who would put another on ignore is so insecure who they are, they cant help but put others on ignore for their own instability in the Father. .
Matt 13 paints fatalistic picture of 'proud' not understanding of principals.
"13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." Some are way behind in spiritual growth.

Matt 13 paints fatalistic picture of 'proud' not understanding of principals.
"13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." Some are way behind in spiritual growth.
Yes I agree. These who has not receieved from God Himself as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 and Adam, Abraham, Moses, and 120, didnt understand a thing about God until God Himself manifest Himself wholly to them all.

The same reason today that he has to speak in parables because one cant understand God in His ways at all least He comes to you and opens up all of who He is and His heaven, and Jesus was no exception.

Most have no communication with God at all, all they know is what they have read from others or heard from a pulpit ones own opinions, programmed by man to believe certain things instead of letting the One who is at their door this day knocking.

Amazing is that anyone who will open it to Him He will come and sup with them and be in them. In that these will need no man teach them. Jesus didnt need a man to teach him nor does anyone who God Himself is our mind.

Na' you heard Jesus gnostic muttering for all I do is repeat to you what he said you should be and would be like him IF.
Thats right, and I have tasted that death, the old man of Gary in religious beliefs from religious enterprises has died. Jesus experienced that same death when God took him out of those temples he once taught in as well. He defiantly put on that new man of God, anointed of God.
Better yet is obey what He said you should be in Him as Jesus obeyed in Matt 3:16. That is the only way Jesus could know God and that is the only way anyone including you will know God. .
And He did for sure just as He opens it up ion Jesus in Matt 3:1`6 no different at all.

But because Matt 3:16 is gnostic heresy for you, Christ suffers your attacks on him.

JonHawk said:

I had my own direct experience with God/Spirit and I know Gnostic Method ("Spirit and truth") is very much alive and real, this my testimony not from Book or pastors but my own experience.
17 For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” 18 And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
Yes I agree. These who has not receieved from God Himself as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 ... Jesus didnt need a man to teach him nor does anyone who God Himself is our mind.
19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation; 2 Peter 1:17-21

Hello doodeepawla02, first off, since I see that you are a new member, welcome to CARM forums :)

As for your question, the historic church has always held that the Lord Jesus Christ is God Himself/the second Member of the Godhead,

That is simply not true and is a complete fabrication. And you also won't find anything in the early church about a "second Member of the Godhead." That lie would take at least a couple hundred years to develop.

because the Bible tells us that He is. For instance,

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was ~with~ God, and the Word ~was~ God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.
14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
As for why it was necessary for Him to come here as our Savior (not simply as our guide), and why both the Incarnation and the Cross were absolutely necessary for our salvation, here are some Scripture verses that should help begin to explain that.

Romans 5
8 God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ ~died~ for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.
10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
2 Corinthians 5
21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
Hebrews 9
22 All things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
This seems like plenty for now, so I'll stop here to see if you have any comments or questions, and to allow some other members to weigh in.

God bless you!!

--Deuteronomy

Isaiah 53
5 He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.
6 All of us like sheep have gone astray,
Each of us has turned to his own way;
But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all
To fall on Him.
1 Peter 2
24 He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

Back