The Seventy Weeks of Daniel

Greetings Yahweh will increase,
However Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 13:5-8 very clearly reveal that the war of the beast will not be against unconverted Israel of the flesh but rather the Christians, for he very clearly tells us that they are they who keep the commandments of God and hold to their testimony of Jesus Christ and that they are God's Holy People and therefore it should be obvious that it would be against Christians.
I had to look carefully as you have a similar forum name to Yahchristian. Yes Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 13:5-8 speak about the persecution of the faithful by the RCC for 1260 years, similar to Daniel 7.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings Yahweh will increase,

I had to look carefully as you have a similar forum name to Yahchristian. Yes Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 13:5-8 speak about the persecution of the faithful by the RCC for 1260 years, similar to Daniel 7.

Kind regards
Trevor
Well I would have to disagree with you on your idea of the 1260 and also that the persecution would only come through the RCC, for I believe it also comes from her offspring, for she is the Mother of many harlot denominations and she actually began in Rome and then later became the first named denomination.

My only point was that unlike what many falsely teach and believe about the beast and who he would wage war with, it is not the unconverted Jews but the Christians or NT Israel of the Spirit and those verses prove their error on this also.

I believe we need to be careful not to over literalize the numbers in Revelation, for 3 1/2 years no matter how it is put, equals the Kingdom of Satan being cut short of 7 which is the Bible number for something being completed and the Kingdom of the beast will not be completed but cut short of 7 in total destruction.

Greetings Yahchristian,

No I was not aware of this. and do not know how where you obtained this information and whether it is correct. Are you simply saying that there has been a gradual drift away from this view and this period marks approximately this shift, or are you saying that WWII was instrumental in this change, and what do you assess is the reason for this effect from WWII?

Kind regards
Trevor

The Halley's Bible Handbook is kind of like an encyclopedia about the Bible and the Church. It was reprinted with up-to-date information every year or two. In it you can see there how the Historicist view was most popular before WWII. But this is common knowledge.

I am curious...

Are you aware all of the original Protestant confessions of faith included something like this...

The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the church, in whom, by the appointment of the Father, all power for the calling, institution, order or government of the church, is invested in a supreme and sovereign manner; neither can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof, but is that antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the church against Christ, and all that is called God; whom the Lord shall destroy with the brightness of his coming.

That is from the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith.

I am not asking if you AGREE with the statement but simply if you are AWARE of it.

Greetings Yahweh will increase
Well I would have to disagree with you on your idea of the 1260 and also that the persecution would only come through the RCC, for I believe it also comes from her offspring, for she is the Mother of many harlot denominations and she actually began in Rome and then later became the first named denomination.
That's fine, but when you provide a better interpretation of Daniel 7 and the little horn and its duration I will consider this. I do not claim that the RCC would be the only persecuting power. The Protestant Zwingli persecuted the AnaBaptists and Calvin did not like a particular non-Trinitarian.

I will repeat what I stated earlier: The Antichrist is the Papal system. It arose out of one of the ten subdivisions of the Roman Empire in Europe, it gained three of the ten portions sometimes called the Papal States which she lost in AD 1870, 1260 years after AD 610 the Decree of Phocas, she spoke great things against the Most High and His Faith and Truth, claiming to be Christ's representative on earth, the Vicar of Christ, and claiming to be "father" (the Pope), she persecuted the faithful during these 1260 years, and the Papacy will oppose Christ when he returns.

Another time period to the above is from the proclamation of Justinian in AD 529-533 to the French Revolution AD 1793-1983.

The following is a slide from a talk given in Melbourne Victoria in 2019, by a New Zealand speaker who now lives in Adelaide, South Australia. I am the librarian for our meeting, and collect a large amount of material for my own benefit and for members of my meeting. I do not know how to create a Table, so I have tried to improvise the columns.

The Fourth Beast in Daniel 7 compared with Revelation 12, 13, 17
Daniel 7 .....................................Revelation 12..... 13 ........ 17
v3 out of the sea .................................................................. v1
-- seven heads ......................................... v3 ................... v1 ........... v3
v7 ten horns ................................................ v3 ................... v1 ........... v3
v8 speaks great things ...................................................... v5 ........... v3 (blasphemy v25)
v21 persecutes the saints ..................... v13 .................. v7 .......... v14
v25 rules for 1260 years......................... v14 .................. v5
v22 judged at the time of the Kingdom ..................................... v14
v22 saints assist with judgement ................................................... v14
v11 destroyed by fire .........................................................................19:20

I believe we need to be careful not to over literalize the numbers in Revelation, for 3 1/2 years no matter how it is put, equals the Kingdom of Satan being cut short of 7 which is the Bible number for something being completed and the Kingdom of the beast will not be completed but cut short of 7 in total destruction.
I prefer to support the two periods of 1260 years mentioned above.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Yahchristian,
Are you aware all of the original Protestant confessions of faith included something like this...
I had a reasonable browse of my copy of the 1689 Baptist Confession, but could not find your quotation. I did not want to spend much more time finding it and I may find it later. What Article Number contains those words? I am referring to the book by W.L. Lumpkin "Baptist Confessions of Faith" 1969 Revision, and the 1689 Confession is on pages 297-334. I found the title page for this 1689 Confession to be interesting:
"An Orthodox Creed or A Protestant confession of Faith, being an Essay to unite and confirm all true Protestants in the Fundamental Articles of the Christian Religion, against the Errors and Heresies of Rome".

I did find your quotation on an Internet site, speaking about 1689 Confession Outline - Chapter 26. I have not reconciled this source with my book.
I am not asking if you AGREE with the statement but simply if you are AWARE of it.
No I was not previously aware of it. I agree with it in general, but do not accept the Baptist overall theology. How about you? I doubt that many Baptists would endorse too much criticism of the RCC today, and they most probably would not have such strong words in their Statement of Faith or Constitution unless they simply endorse the 1689 Confession in theory, possibly as a defining moment in their history.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings Yahweh will increase

That's fine, but when you provide a better interpretation of Daniel 7 and the little horn and its duration I will consider this. I do not claim that the RCC would be the only persecuting power. The Protestant Zwingli persecuted the AnaBaptists and Calvin did not like a particular non-Trinitarian.

I will repeat what I stated earlier: The Antichrist is the Papal system. It arose out of one of the ten subdivisions of the Roman Empire in Europe, it gained three of the ten portions sometimes called the Papal States which she lost in AD 1870, 1260 years after AD 610 the Decree of Phocas, she spoke great things against the Most High and His Faith and Truth, claiming to be Christ's representative on earth, the Vicar of Christ, and claiming to be "father" (the Pope), she persecuted the faithful during these 1260 years, and the Papacy will oppose Christ when he returns.

Another time period to the above is from the proclamation of Justinian in AD 529-533 to the French Revolution AD 1793-1983.

The following is a slide from a talk given in Melbourne Victoria in 2019, by a New Zealand speaker who now lives in Adelaide, South Australia. I am the librarian for our meeting, and collect a large amount of material for my own benefit and for members of my meeting. I do not know how to create a Table, so I have tried to improvise the columns.

The Fourth Beast in Daniel 7 compared with Revelation 12, 13, 17
Daniel 7 .....................................Revelation 12..... 13 ........ 17
v3 out of the sea .................................................................. v1
-- seven heads ......................................... v3 ................... v1 ........... v3
v7 ten horns ................................................ v3 ................... v1 ........... v3
v8 speaks great things ...................................................... v5 ........... v3 (blasphemy v25)
v21 persecutes the saints ..................... v13 .................. v7 .......... v14
v25 rules for 1260 years......................... v14 .................. v5
v22 judged at the time of the Kingdom ..................................... v14
v22 saints assist with judgement ................................................... v14
v11 destroyed by fire .........................................................................19:20

I prefer to support the two periods of 1260 years mentioned above.

Kind regards
Trevor
All of that 70th week was to be fulfilled by Christ himself and nothing has to do with antichrist.

The covenant that Christ confirms to the beginning disciples and apostles is the covenant in his blood and all that pertains to it.

Look at what Daniel says about it in Daniel 9:24 24 “Seventy [a]weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.

Do you see anything in the above in what Daniel reveals would happen within the 70 weeks that has anything at all to do with Antichrist or that is any way negative?

One other thing here, why would God skip over the first coming of Christ in which he would make atonement for iniquity by his blood to go directly to the second coming of Christ, when the atonement is the most important thing that Jesus did, for all the rest could not even happen without the atonement?

This is what most people do with Daniel 9:24-27 and in fact Daniel says, after the 62 weeks that follow the fulfillment of the first 7 weeks, the Messiah would be cut off in death.

This would mean that if there were a gap between the first 69 weeks and that last week like most believe today, it would put the atonement for iniquity through Christ being cut off on the cross, outside of the 70 weeks when Daniel very clearly tells us it would happen within the 70 weeks instead.

This is the common error in the churches today but I believe that the 70 7's were all fulfilled already in Christ first coming which included his personal ministry of 3 1/2 years and then in the middle of the week his death and then beginning at his resurrection another 3 1/2 years where he sends the Holy Spirit and establishes the church through the Spirit and which ends with Paul's conversion.

It is all about him confirming the covenant in his blood and not only making the covenant through his death and the Holy Spirit was part of the confirmation of the Covenant and so was the establishment of truth that would come from Paul's conversion and what Christ would reveal through Paul.

What people fail to realize is that the 70 weeks is not the only prophecy given by Daniel in his book and nor was it the only prophecy given in chapter 9 either, for in the later half of verse 26 Daniel gives and extra prophecy about what would happen to that Generation of the Jews who rejected the confirmation of the covenant and it happened in Ad 70.

Then in verse 27, Daniel gives yet another prophecy of what would happen to both Jew and Gentile at the end of the age because they have continued to reject the covenant all through this age.

I had a reasonable browse of my copy of the 1689 Baptist Confession, but could not find your quotation. I did not want to spend much more time finding it and I may find it later. What Article Number contains those words?

Chapter 26 Paragraph 4.

Likewise the 1646 Presbyterian Westminster Confession of Faith in Chapter 25 Paragraph 6 says...

There is no other head of the church but the Lord Jesus Christ. Nor can the pope of Rome, in any sense, be head thereof: but is that Antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself, in the Church, against Christ and all that is called God.

That paragraph was only recently changed in 1903 to...

There is no other head of the church but the Lord Jesus Christ. Nor can the pope of Rome, in any sense, be head thereof.

Question: Did the earthly ministry of Jesus, beginning at His baptism, fulfill the first half of Daniel's 70 Weeks, leaving only the last half to be fulfilled in the future? My answer is without a doubt yes!

I am fine saying the 70th week ended in the book of Acts...

Question: Did the earthly ministry of Jesus, beginning at His baptism, fulfill the first half of Daniel's 70 Weeks, leaving only the last half to be fulfilled in the future? My answer is without a doubt yes!

Dan 9:25-27
(25) Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
(26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
(27) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Jesus' birth and ministry before His death were included in "unto the Messiah the Prince." Note that after 69 weeks, meaning, not only Jesus will be cut off by His people at the Cross but also confirm a covenant with his New Testament congregation with His Blood, (Hebrew 9:14-17) for one week.

Note that after 69 weeks, meaning, not only Jesus will be cut off by His people at the Cross but also confirm a covenant with his New Testament congregation with His Blood, (Hebrew 9:14-17) for one week.

So are you saying the "covenant with his New Testament congregation" only lasted "for one week"?

I believe "the covenant" in Daniel 9:27...

Daniel 9:27... And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

...refers to "the covenant" earlier in the discourse...

Daniel 9:4... And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;

So are you saying the "covenant with his New Testament congregation" only lasted "for one week"?

What is this one week (seven) that follows the cutting off of Messiah (after the 62 weeks or sevens). There has been a lot of speculation and guessing of what this means. We've heard everything from 7 literal days, 7 years, or 70 years. The reason that we have all these different ideas about this final week, is that people are not letting the scripture interpret this week. They are doing a lot of assuming, and their studies dripping with speculation of when this Covenant is confirmed. I say that respectfully, but with passion. For we 'must' let the Bible itself tell us what it means. As Righteous Joseph said when asked his interpretation, "..Do not Interpretations belong to God?" He was right! And God speaks to us today through His word, not speculation. Let's look within His Holy Word and see what God declares.

There is a simple way to determine what period this is. We know From the context (after the 62 weeks) that it starts after the cross, after Messiah the Prince is 'Cut Off.' And we know that this Prince Confirms ([gabar], a Hebrew word which actually is Strengthened) the Covenant after these 62 weeks. Therefore, the one week cannot start until Christ is cut off first! Moreover, we know that in the middle of this final week, the sacrifice and offering will cease, and that at the end of this last week, is the consummation. This much is clearly told us in the verse. And so God has told us that this week is from the cross (after 62 weeks when Messiah is cut off), and goes all the way from there, to the Consummation (the End of the World). And so what need is there to speculate? On several levels, we see that one week signifies the New Covenant week. In fact, the only reason anyone would speculate differently would be if they didn't understand how sacrifice and offering ceases in the middle of the week. Many people believe this refers to the 'literal' sacrifice of lambs in the literal temple in 70A.D., and so they are confused by a New Covenant week, with sacrifice ceasing, after the cross.

Daniel 9:27... And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

...refers to "the covenant" earlier in the discourse...

Daniel 9:4... And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;

Covenant for who? Who did Messiah the Prince go to the Cross and confirm a covenant with? According to the Word of God:

Heb 9:14-17
(14) How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
(15) And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
(16) For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
(17) For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The covenant and testament are the same. The covenant cannot become a force or made strengthened UNTIL Messiah the Prince was cut off first. Messiah the Price is the mediator of the NEW TESTAMENT! This is who Christ has confirmed a covenant for! He confirmed the covenant so it becomes a force with His Blood for His Elect. Therefore, the covenant lasted much longer than you think, from the Cross to the Second Coming, as long as the Elect are here on Earth.

It is not some 7 years' peace treaty with Israel signed by some evil person as some speculated which is absurd and not according to the context of Daniel 9.

It is not some 7 years' peace treaty with Israel signed by some evil person as some speculated which is absurd and not according to the context of Daniel 9.

I agree !!!

I do not believe a Futurist View. I believe the Presentist View.

So just to clarify your view...

1) When did the 69th week end?

I say AD 27.

2) When did the final week start?

I say the moment the 69th week ended.

I was not certain of your answers based on what you said.

I agree !!!

I do not believe a Futurist View. I believe the Presentist View.

I believe that the final week of 70 weeks has to do with God's New Testament congregation, the Church. As I explained, the Word of the Living God tells us that the New Covenant had no strength until Christ died on the cross, cut off for our sins. And then was the covenant made strong! Christ confirmed or made strong the Covenant for many in His blood. You see, the Covenant is like a will. It's a promise or agreement to hand over an inheritance to Israel when someone dies. Therefore, the Messiah had to die in order for us to receive the inheritance in that will. This is what the covenant is about. This Jesus did at the cross. He confirmed the Covenant with many (Chosen Elect, not everyone on Earth) for this one week. Again, logically and Biblically we see that this also proves that the length of the week is from the Cross, to the end, because that is the time of the confirmed or strengthened Covenant with the Messiah. The only Covenant confirmed or strengthened by anyone in Scripture. The only one where we see this language used and based on context of Daniel 9. Not about some evil prince or antichrist. It is about the covnenat or will that is confirmed at the cross, the inheritance received at the end. The New Covenant with Israel that Messiah/Christ confirmed. It is the New Covenant or Testament Church. They are the same. But don't take my word for it. Read Hebrews chapters 8 and 9 carefully, and God makes that abundantly clear. Speaking of the New Testament with relationship to the old Testament, God says:

Hebrews 8:9
  • "For finding fault with them, (the old Covenant) He saith, behold, the days come saith the Lord, when I will make a New Covenant with the house of ISRAEL and with the house of Judah:
Hebrews Chapters 8 and 9 make it clear the New Covenant with Israel is the New Covenant Church. I ask no one to accept my words, study these two chapters yourself. This is the Covenant confirmed, made authoritative, and strengthened in Christ. And these chapters show the New Covenant is strengthened in Christ's blood for the Israel of God!

As for your chart on views, I do not support most, if not all, of the view because the week has NOTHING to do with Papacy, RCC, Roman empire or emperors, or even national Israel. It has everything to do with Christ's New Testament Congregation.

So just to clarify your view...

1) When did the 69th week end?

I say AD 27.

2) When did the final week start?

I say the moment the 69th week ended.

I do believe that the end of the 69th week and the beginning of the 70th week took place on the same day. For example:

1.) When the Messiah was cut off (end of 69th week)
2.) AND when he confirmed the covenant with his blood on the cross. (beginning of 70th week)

In fact, the only reason anyone would speculate differently would be if they didn't understand how sacrifice and offering ceases in the middle of the week. Many people believe this refers to the 'literal' sacrifice of lambs in the literal temple in 70A.D., and so they are confused by a New Covenant week, with sacrifice ceasing, after the cross.

Just to clarify your view...

What does the "sacrifice and offering ceasing in the middle of the week" refer to?

A) Jesus' death and ressurection
B) Destruction of the temple in 70 AD
C) something else, please explain

I could not tell from your responses so far.

Just to clarify your view...

What does the "sacrifice and offering ceasing in the middle of the week" refer to?

A) Jesus' death and ressurection
B) Destruction of the temple in 70 AD
C) something else, please explain

I could not tell from your responses so far.

We understand the final week of Daniel pointing to the New Covenant period which Christ confirmed in His blood which lasted until the end of the world. For example, from the cross to the inheritance. The entire New Testament period is TYPIFIED by this final week of Daniel.

Now Daniel 9:27 also tells us that in the MIDST of the week, he (Messiah and Prince) shall cause the sacrifice and oblation to cease. What is this talking about? I realize that there are some people who believe this refers to the "literal" sacrifice of lambs in the literal temple, and so they are CONFUSED by a New Covenant week, with sacrifice ceasing, AFTER the Cross. No, it was also not about the destruction of the temple in 70AD. Again, we must go to the Scriptures to find out.

The truth is confirmed again in Daniel chapter 12, as it talks about the last half of this new Covenant week as Time, Times and one half (3 1/2), a time of Trouble for God's people, and when the taking away of the daily or continual sacrifice would occur.

Daniel 12:5-6

• "..How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?

• And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up His right hand and His left hand unto the heaven, and SWARE by Him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and a half; and WHEN He shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the Holy People, All these things shall be finished."
Daniel 12:11-12

• "And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

• Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days."
This is when the daily or 'continual' shall be taken away. In the midst of the week. And it's not at the Cross (or 70AD) as many Theologians think, it's just before the Abomination of desolation occurs in the unfaithful New Testament congregation, not Temple Mount. It's when the candlesticks are killed after the testimony of the two witnesses for the purpose of salvation is finished (Rev. 11). When He who restrains iniquity is taken out of the midst (2nd Thess 2). After all are sealed who are to be sealed (Rev. 7). In simple terms, it is after the fulness of the gentiles have come in, and all congregation Israel is saved. Then and only then is a final devastating judgment brought upon the unfaithful Church, a great departing from the faith (1st Timothy 4:1) where there is Apostasy and remaineth no sacrifice. For example, all Israel has been Saved, and no one else remains to be Saved. God is not talking about national Israel here, but congregation Israel made up of all Saints, both Jews and Gentiles. And if this time of tribulation is not shortened, because no one else is being saved, there would not be any saved flesh left on earth to be raptured. Selah! But for the sake of the Elect, these days shall be shortened.

Now, the first half of this final week is the time, times and a half that we read about in Revelation 12. The Woman there gave birth to the Man Child (Christ) and she spent Time, Times and half of time (3 1/2 or 1,260 days) fed and nourished under the wings (Protection) of God, away from the face of the serpent. This is the first half of the week when church went to the world (wilderness) to preach the gospel. The Holy People are protected from the Serpent and fed until the time their testimony is finished. Then at that time is the second half of the week. This is the midst (middle) when the other half of the week, the time, times, and 1/2 that is spoken of in Daniel 12 takes place. It's a time of great trial which God says 'will not end' until the power of the Holy People has been scattered (Dan. 12:7), then the End will come. The end is the consummation. That's the end of the last week of Daniel chapter 9. Curious (not Really), That's "exactly" what 2nd Thessalonians 2 says. The end will not come except there come a apostasy first, and the Holy Temple will have abomination (a false god) seated in it. The only Holy Temple on this side of the cross is the Church! This is where the scattering of the power of the Holy People will take place. Nothing comes out consistently inconsistent like all these other ideas about this last week. But here we have total consistency with everything else that is written about these things. That's because it's true. We must seek to understand God's Word correctly. It's when we go from one verse to another and there is contradiction (as with many other theories) that we know we know we have the wrong interpretation.

Continue to the next post due to space limitations...

Please understand that to signify that these are NOT a literal periods of time. For example, it is a length of time which is not disclosed (for that would mean we would know when the consummation is, and no man knows the day and hour of the Lord's return), it is the WHOLE NEW COVENANT PERIOD. The first half of the week applies to the ministry/testimony of the church to the world for 1,260 days. It will last until God finish building His Church through the testimony of Two Witnesses (elect). This is when the woman of Revelation 12 (Church) was fed away "FROM" the fact of the serpent.

Rev 12:14
(14) And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

This is the first half of the week. It is the same period that the testimony of the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11 for 1,260 days. Christ comes out of Israel (woman), and Israel is delivered of this man Child and she goes into the wilderness (world) where she is nourished/fed with the Gospel for time, times, and a half. Why does it say she is nourished for time, times, and a half, and not the full wilderness journey? Because at the end of this time, times, and a half, the SACRIFICE and OFFERING ceases! Why, when Christ sees that His church as secured all Elect He intended to be seal has been sealed by the testimony of Two Witnesses, he will cause the sacrifice and offering necessary for salvation to cease! There is famine, and she is no longer fed away from the face of the serpent. This is when the serpent start making war with her and she is given into his hand for the "other half". This is the time, times and the dividing of time spoken of in Daniel, which lasts until the consummation when the end comes. THe salvation has ended, but there will be believers who are still "alive and remain" will be given into Satan's hand for time, times, and the dividing of times, and THEN the judgment comes.

Dan 7:25-26
(25) And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
(26) But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

This is what in view. Israel (The New Testament church) is assaulted by Satan and his messengers (false prophets and christs) when he is loosed of God, and these place the abomination in the temple (church). This is the apostasy! And they (the Saints, the church) are given in his hand until time, times, and a half. And then the judgment sits, and the end of the world. This mirrors what we read in Daniel 12 of the "power" of the Holy People (believers) being scattered for time, times and a half, when God swore that all would be finished. All are totally consistent with everything else in Scripture. This is as we read in Revelation 11 of the Two Candlesticks/Witnesses/Prophets/Olive Trees being "killed" which is the silence of the Gospel message for the purpose of Salvation. It is a symbolic picture of the Church. They are overrun by many false prophets and christs what Christ warned in Olivet Discourse and she will be given to Satan's hand when he is loosed for 3-1/2 days. Any way you look at it, God is painting the picture that when the testimony (for salvation) is finished (Revelation 11:7), the true church is killed (not physically killed, silenced). That is the language of sacrifice and offering (or the gift) ceasing. The testimony of the church is finished because all Israel who is to be save, HAS BEEN SAVED! In other words, after all Gentiles be coming into covenant Israel, then all Israel shall be saved. After this, because of the overspreading of abomination that stands in the Temple of God (church), they shall make the temple desolate. This is Mystery Babylon! This will last a short season until the consummation. Till the end come, and judgment be poured out upon faithful church who made it desolate. It will remain desolate until the end. This is what I believe is taking place today. Look at the spiritual condition of God's congregations all over the world where false prophets and christs come with their lying signs and wonders and deceive many "professed Christians" thinking that they are saved or serving Christ when they are not!

The final week of Daniel 9:27 has everything to do with God's New Testament Israel, the church. It started with the power of the Two Witnesses to preach gospel to the world until fullness of Gentiles be coming into the covenant tree of Israel, then all Israel (Woman/wife of Christ - Elect from Old and New Testament from the foundation of the Earth shall be saved or secured. When the building of the church is finished, Christ will cause the sacrifice and offering to ease because there is no more salvation for men! And Satan shall be loosened by God to test the faithfulness of His church and the judgment of the unfaithful church will take place prior to Second Coming. This is why God has warned his people that when they "see" the abomination of desolation standing in their church, they should flee and wait for Christ's return. That is where I believe we are right now. Sadly, there are many Christians who believe they will not have to worry about "great tribulation" so they will be raptured out and the rest of the prophecies will have to deal with national Israel and Jews. Boy, they are deceived because they do not realize that it is the Church that is being judged by God and has been warned that this is where the battle of armageddon actually takes place instead of the Middle East. This is why the unfaithful church is a mystery to many who cannot see the signs of Christ's return, thinking its all about national Israel. She is the mystery Babylon the Lord has warned us to flee. But like Lot's sons-in-law, many professed Christians will deny that God would judge their church and that we should not forsake the assembly. Remember Lot's wife!

Please understand that to signify that these are NOT a literal periods of time.

So...

1) Are you saying the 62 weeks are not 8.9 times longer than the 7 weeks?

2) Are you saying the 7 weeks are not 7 times longer than the 1 week?

Daniel 9:25... Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Daniel 9:27... And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate,even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

So...

1) Are you saying the 62 weeks are not 8.9 times longer than the 7 weeks?

2) Are you saying the 7 weeks are not 7 times longer than the 1 week?

These questions do not make any sense. The 7 and 62 weeks prophesied are specifically only to the coming of Messiah the Prince. That is the prophecy, then it continues, and after 62 weeks, Messiah is cut off and He confirms the covenant for one week. It doesn't say when Messiah comes, he is immediately cut off because that would be ridiculous and confusing. There has to be time between Messiah's coming (birth and ministry), and his cutting off. The prophecy is specifically to the coming of Messiah, and the world of God shows this official fulfillment was in 29AD. Then the prophesy continues, after 69 weeks, Messiah is cut off, but not for HImself (for His New Testament Elect). So the question is, "when, after," and the answer is, obviously at the Cross.

The problem as I see it is these are NOT literal weeks or time periods that we add up like years. The last week has lasted almost 2,000 years, the 62 previous only 434 years, and the 7 before that only 38 years. There are no missing years, there is no gap between 29AD and 33AD because there was never a prophecy of literal years. The 70th week is AFTER the coming of Messiah and AFTER the 69 weeks, as was prophesied. The cutting off of Messiah was NOT prophesied to be 69 and 1 week. They aren't weeks at all, it is literally 70 sevens or "complete" time periods. There is another key to the coming of the Messiah, and it is not 62 years. And another for the Whole New Covenant period, and it is not a week (or seven). Yet there is complete symmetry, harmony, and cohesiveness to it all. Three distinct periods, one "complete" time signified by the number 70.

I think that is where a lot of date-setters get themselves into trouble, attempting to add literal years to fit their doctrines when God has never prophesied it that way. Whether 70 weeks of Daniel, 1,260 days in the wilderness, 1,000 years in the bottomless pit of Revelation 20, 2,300 days before the sanctuary will be cleansed in Daniel, or the 3-1/2 days the Two Witnesses lay dying in the streets. God doesn't work that way, these are all spiritual lengths of time. There are no gaps in these times because they were never meant as literal years! tHEY ARE "keys" DIRECTING US to certain spiritual truths occurring at certain times. The anointing, the Church age, the New Covenant Millennial period, etc.

The problem as I see it is these are NOT literal weeks or time periods that we add up like years. The last week has lasted almost 2,000 years, the 62 previous only 434 years, and the 7 before that only 38 years.

The problem as I see it is you have the first 7 "weeks" being 5.43 years each (38/7), the next 62 "weeks" each being 7 years each (434/62), and the final "week" being 2,000+ years.

So according to YOUR view, there is NO connection between a "week" (Hebrew šāḇûaʿ) and the number 7 in that prophecy.

The problem as I see it is you have the first 7 "weeks" being 5.43 years each (38/7), the next 62 "weeks" each being 7 years each (434/62), and the final "week" being 2,000+ years.

So according to YOUR view, there is NO connection between a "week" (Hebrew šāḇûaʿ) and the number 7 in that prophecy.

Here is a diagram to give you an idea of what 70 weeks and one final week look like.

70thweek.png

oneweek.png

Back