Faith Alone

How is that verse talking about "righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees"?
Newbirth said:
Unless they confess and repent of their sin they are removed from Christ.
Do you have a biblical example of that happening?
The passage shows someone wilfully sinning and not repenting and dying as a result of it...
The verse you posted is more along the lines of lying to God the Holy Spirit.
Actually, it is along the line of... Unless they confess and repent of their sin they are removed from Christ.
Would you like to give it another shot or should I teach you?
You are quick to teach but you have no understanding... You asked for an example of something which I gave. Then you complain about something else. It is clear that you are unable to keep up...

So are Ananias and his wife still saved?
First off, you have absolutly no clue if they were saved or not....and if they were saved you have absolutly no clue if they went to heaven or hell.

They lied to God the Holy Spirit and lost their life because of it. That's what we know.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, you have absolutly no clue if they were saved or not
They were required to obey the HS. as followers of Jesus. Were they not? Then they must have been saved
....and if they were saved you have absolutly no clue if they went to heaven or hell.
They died as liars, did they not?
Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
They lied to God the Holy Spirit and lost their life because of it. That's what we know.
Well duh...
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Are you saying you never sin? Yes or no.
Asked and answered
You shouldn't sin....But the desires of the lust of sin often wins....or do you never sin?
Why do you have sinful desires? A person can only sin when they are drawn away from christ... No one can sin while they are abiding in Christ...
James 1
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
You just said, and I quote "Of course, I have sinned. Everyone has."....then let me ask you, why did you wilfully sin when the scripture says do not sin?
I never said I willfully sinned. So why are you asking me why I wilfully sinned? Just remember,
You are skating on thin ice, my friend.

Endure what?
Till the end of what?
Saved from what?

Endure living now doing Jesus' Fathers will( Matt 7:21) over our own will. Just like Jesus always does-John 5:30)--There can only be 2 ends-either death or Armageddon( end of this satan ruled system)---Saved from eternal death-Deut 30:19

Endure living now doing Jesus' Fathers will( Matt 7:21) over our own will. Just like Jesus always does-John 5:30)--There can only be 2 ends-either death or Armageddon( end of this satan ruled system)---Saved from eternal death-Deut 30:19
that's not quite what the verse says..but, what if you do just a little bit out of Jesus' will...do you then lose your salvation?

If you never had salvation then you can't lose what you never had.
You are right, the problem at Matt 7:22-23--these believe they have salvation and are told they have salvation by the blind guides who assured them--You are saved. Many of religions claiming to be christian tell the flocks --you are saved--Like Joel Osteen says--You say 3 lines of prayer with me and you are saved--its pure lie. But the blind who want their ears tickled believe men like that. Not a single mortal on earth knows if another is saved. They have no right assuring them they are. Only blind guides do--then ask for a tithe.

You are right, the problem at Matt 7:22-23--these believe they have salvation and are told they have salvation by the blind guides who assured them--You are saved. Many of religions claiming to be christian tell the flocks --you are saved--Like Joel Osteen says--You say 3 lines of prayer with me and you are saved--its pure lie. But the blind who want their ears tickled believe men like that. Not a single mortal on earth knows if another is saved. They have no right assuring them they are. Only blind guides do--then ask for a tithe.
There are many false teachers.

There are many false teachers.

Yes by comparing what Jesus teaches to what they teach proves it all. Like this super important teaching that every true follower already knows by heart= Matt 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

How do you define "Faith Alone"? Does faith alone mean "lawlessness" where we completely disregard the commandments?

Give your definition of what the term faith alone means. And since this term, doesn’t stand alone in a vacuum tell us what justification means.​

Back