Prayers, please

BlessedAnomaly

A second aside from eviscerating all of your theologies...

Please offer a prayer for my family.

Monday noon, my youngest son and his wife were involved in a motorcycle accident. Halfway between Phoenix and Payson, AZ, their back tire blew out, causing the bike to fishtail, then swing out 90 degrees, flip and throwing both of them. They are both stable, but lot's of broken bones. My son has a broken collarbone, 3 broken ribs and a broken wrist, along with road rash all over his broken hand, his lower back and knees. My daughter-in-law suffered a multiple fracture on her upper left arm, a broken upper right arm, severe road rash on her stomach and legs. Their helmets had just been purchased on Saturday night and did their job in protecting their heads. Surgeries were planned then moved. Both surgeries cancelled for today. No anesthesiologist available. My DIL's pain was off the charts this afternoon. The on-site ICU doctor had to make increase to a a mix of 4-5 pain meds, nausea, anxiety and muscle relaxers to get it under control. She's finally asleep but it was a brutal few hours. My son will have plate/screws put in his collarbone. My DIL's right rotator cuff was shoved up on top of her shoulder bone. Her left shoulder is basically shattered. All 3 procedures will be open (not arthroscopic) & he is recommending she stay in a rehab hospital for a few weeks to get the 24 hour care and therapy she will need to recover properly. She was pretty overwhelmed and distraught at that news.

Thanks.

Monday noon, my youngest son and his wife were involved in a motorcycle accident. Halfway between Phoenix and Payson, AZ, their back tire blew out, causing the bike to fishtail, then swing out 90 degrees, flip and throwing both of them. They are both stable, but lot's of broken bones. My son has a broken collarbone, 3 broken ribs and a broken wrist, along with road rash all over his broken hand, his lower back and knees. My daughter-in-law suffered a multiple fracture on her upper left arm, a broken upper right arm, severe road rash on her stomach and legs. Their helmets had just been purchased on Saturday night and did their job in protecting their heads. Surgeries were planned then moved. Both surgeries cancelled for today. No anesthesiologist available. My DIL's pain was off the charts this afternoon. The on-site ICU doctor had to make increase to a a mix of 4-5 pain meds, nausea, anxiety and muscle relaxers to get it under control. She's finally asleep but it was a brutal few hours. My son will have plate/screws put in his collarbone. My DIL's right rotator cuff was shoved up on top of her shoulder bone. Her left shoulder is basically shattered. All 3 procedures will be open (not arthroscopic) & he is recommending she stay in a rehab hospital for a few weeks to get the 24 hour care and therapy she will need to recover properly. She was pretty overwhelmed and distraught at that news.

Thanks.
You got it, brother. May the Lord bless them and keep them. You all will be in my prayers.

Pray God ease their suffering and anxiety with peace that passes all understanding and guidence to suitable staff to tend their injury with compassion and competence in Jesus name ... selah

Thanks.
Yeow! ?
Will be praying for them, the doctors, and the rest of the family.

--Rich

Update today: my son had surgery on his collarbone. a metal plate across the bone and another 90° to that. His wrist will be dealt with Friday. My daughter in law went into surgery this afternoon. They expect that to last about 5 hours. She was in quite a bit of pain, plus they kept pushing the surgery out. When she is done she will need about 3 weeks rehab in a nursing facility. Hopefully reconstructing the shoulder will take away some of the pain and make it manageable with the meds.

Something I didn't hear before: when the tire blew the cars behind pulled over to help. The car immediately behind them was a cardiologist. The next car had 2 EMTs. The next car had 1 EMT. Good care for the middle of nowhere. They had to wait for 40 minutes for the paramedics to arrive (half way between two major cities).

They were airlifted out of there (2 helicopters, 1 for each).

Thanks to all for your prayers.

Something I didn't hear before: when the tire blew the cars behind pulled over to help. The car immediately behind them was a cardiologist. The next car had 2 EMTs. The next car had 1 EMT. Good care for the middle of nowhere. They had to wait for 40 minutes for the paramedics to arrive (half way between two major cities).

They were airlifted out of there (2 helicopters, 1 for each).

Thanks to all for your prayers.

Just... Wow!!

Praying for swift and complete recovery...When my youngest son went under the Liquor Store delivery truck in late July 2017, whole chunks of his L4 and L5 were floating in the brine, and his T25 was shattered. They had him walking with a brace a day and a half later, and back in school on the first day of school. He was president of his class, so he refused to slow down with the brace and all...

The brace came off late January, and he was walking on his hands to the lawyer's dismay in a full school gym day at the end of February. It's now five years later, and he's surfing in California...and making music for a recording company.

That's why I'm praying for full recovery with benefits. Testimonies encourage.

Update Thursday.

My son was discharged from the hospital tonight. His wrist will be looked at by a hand/shoulder doctor tomorrow. We went to stay with his in-laws during recovery.

My DIL's fractured shoulder was successfully repaired Wednesday. Her broken arm repaired today. She is in tremendous pain still, and muscle spasms are contributing to that. As the shoulders heal over the next couple days, we hope the pain will lessen. Meds keep her better, but the pain still there. Again, after all this, she is still looking at 3 weeks in rehab in a nursing facility -- which she can refuse even with everyone around her telling her she needs to do this for full recovery for the future. If she doesn't, statistics say she likely won't be able to lift her arm over her shoulder.

The groups in her church are a true example of what church should be. They have arranged food and supply deliveries each day for the next six weeks. My son and DIL (after rehab) will stay at her parents house. People from the church will come and stay at the house to watch over them and help them as the parents continue to go to work. These same people brought me food for a week when my wife died - and I didn't even attend their church. Currently one person has taken their German Shephard in. Another has taken the 1 year old in. The father has been watching over their 7 year old. This is church family.

Thank you for your continued prayers for them, especially for her so that the healing can continue and her pain go away.

Found out today that my son's wrist and my DIL's hand have clean fractures, and can be held by a splint. They need no surgeries on those. Splint for 4-6 weeks. My DIL is still in considerable pain. She was able to take some steps today, but it wiped her out quickly. No ETA on discharge for her until her pain can be better managed.

Found out today that my son's wrist and my DIL's hand have clean fractures, and can be held by a splint. They need no surgeries on those. Splint for 4-6 weeks. My DIL is still in considerable pain. She was able to take some steps today, but it wiped her out quickly. No ETA on discharge for her until her pain can be better managed.
Keep up the news. I’m praying that the pain be addressed at its tout where healing ids needed.

Thanks.
☝️?

How's it going?
So my son, who was released, is at his MIL's doing well. He is moving around a bit more freely. I'll take him back to the hand doctor on the 8th to make sure healing is progressing well.

My DIL was released last night with a drug cocktail mix to help her reduce pain. I'm hoping she's ready and this is not just insurance. But, the doctors say that rehab needs to be delayed for at least three weeks. She is not allowed to move her arms too much while the shoulders and arms heal. Physical Therapy, when it starts, will be intense. But, the upside (hopefully) is that she is home with people she loves, gets to see her little girl -- the baby boy is still being cared for by a friend who will come and stay most of the day -- her parents, and, mostly, her husband. Recovery will be long and painful for her, but she appears to be over the first hurdle of getting off of medicines that require hospital stay.

Thank you for your prayers. One more prayer to add: that my son will lose his desire for motorcycles. He hasn't dismissed the thought yet ?

Thanks.
Prayers for the whole family, may God comfort all of youu and give you all His peace.

I'm sure good reports are coming and healing is progressing faster than usual. Prayer works.
OK. My panic was calmed.

My DIL did indeed go home last night (Monday). She had a difficult night but Tuesday was better. They have a new doctor and new meds, they are working well. She was able to take a quick shower after 30 min prep to cover wounds. But it made her feel better. Still lots of pain, but it is more controlled now.

I wish I could post pictures. They would gross you out. My humor, sorry. (But they are icky.)

My son continues to improve and for him it's just a matter of time to heal completely.

Thank you for continued prayers.

Back