Prayers, please

Still praying. It sounds like your son needs a respected friend to sit him down and ask him, "Do you realize how close your child came to being an orphan?" With parenthood comes responsibility. Rough, but that's the way it is.

--Rich

Still praying. It sounds like your son needs a respected friend to sit him down and ask him, "Do you realize how close your child came to being an orphan?" With parenthood comes responsibility. Rough, but that's the way it is.

--Rich
I'll add that to my list. He seems to think this is only on him, only him who is affected. He's sad that his wife got hurt and won't let her ride anymore. But I mention him, and his response is "I know what I'm buying into." His days in the hospital, I had kid gloves on. Those come off. I'm going to try to get as many of those who helped, to sit in front of him and for him to look them in the eye and say "I don't care what you did, I'm going to ride again knowing that I'll likely go down."

Thank you for the prayers.

OK. My panic was calmed.

My DIL did indeed go home last night (Monday). She had a difficult night but Tuesday was better. They have a new doctor and new meds, they are working well. She was able to take a quick shower after 30 min prep to cover wounds. But it made her feel better. Still lots of pain, but it is more controlled now.

I wish I could post pictures. They would gross you out. My humor, sorry. (But they are icky.)

My son continues to improve and for him it's just a matter of time to heal completely.

Thank you for continued prayers.
You know, when someone (like my son and DIL) get in an accident and people say "Thank God for the angels who saved their lives," well, you know where I'm going with this (or you're completely blind)....

Anyway....

Son and DIL did indeed go home. My son improved; my DIL had constant pain.

So my son has been released to drive and go back to work on limited basis. He's doing well. He's beginning physical therapy.

My DIL had her primary surgeon changed. Yesterday, the new surgeon took a look at the x-rays and was absolutely appalled. She was taken into surgery today to fix one of her shoulders -- all original work was removed and work to correct that shoulder is complete with a lot less metal in her arm. Her other shoulder (the bad one) will be scheduled for next week.

I was just wondering BlessedAnomally how your son and his wife are doing now? The last post here was Nov 23. I hope they have healed up a lot since then and pray they will continue to do so.

I was just wondering BlessedAnomally how your son and his wife are doing now? The last post here was Nov 23. I hope they have healed up a lot since then and pray they will continue to do so.
Ok, the Nov 23 post included the fact that my DIL had to have her shoulders reworked. She did. The screws are all gone. The bone was fixed with dissolving netting and stiches. They have home health nurse coming by to help them and keep physical therapy home exercises on track (for her). My son is healing quick and well. Some nerve pain still, but tolerable. My DIL, I think, is slightly depressed and feels defeated. Hard to keep a positive attitude with such pain. She did fall down last week, but it does not seem to have damaged the shoulders. They are both under physical therapy. Time will be the healer, it's how we are designed. It's also hard to stay positive and happy when the medical bills are piling up. I'm sure there's remedy and discounts and forgivenesses to be had, but for instance, one of the two helecopter rides (they each had one) cost $50,000 -- and insurance doesn't cover rides (I found that out when my wife had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital (twice) -- $1,200 each).

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers and concerns. 🙏

I pray the healing process will continue but also that they will sense the presence of God in their home giving them a peace that while it's presently a difficult time they'll have a peace and contentment to know things will work out in due time.

Back