Obtaining definitions

I am just asking questions about your beliefs.

Why?

So. Instead of playing games, how about simply answering my questions in a simple straightforward manner.

I'm always happy to answer questions. As long as I don't have to cut through pages of nonsense to get to them or they're not designed for an ulterior motive.

I won't disagree with that one. But as I opened up this thread a couple weeks ago and you're not actually answering questions, then you tell me you're not going to do so, and then gripe that I'm not debating..... these things are all tactics to dismiss culpability for your beliefs and akin to simply throwing sand in the air to obscure and obfuscate your refusal to explain and describe your beliefs.

I always describe my beliefs. Everything I say is my beliefs. Those are my beliefs. I even dedicated an entire thread to my beliefs regarding the Bible and later posted a link to that thread titled "what I believe."

Sounds like you haven't stopped the mockery.
This thread isn't a debate. It's a collection of questions about your beliefs.
I simply asked you a series of questions about your beliefs. Is this your way of saying that you don't actually want anyone to know what you're talking about?

Ask me any questions you like. Save me the nonsense.

I asked you to define the difference between your idea of the immortal soul and the eternal spirit.

Immortal: living forever; never dying or decaying; an immortal being, especially a god of ancient Greece or Rome.
Eternal: lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning;(of truths, values, or questions) valid for all time; essentially unchanging: seeming to last or persist forever, especially on account of being tedious or annoying.

What is an apostate Christian?
How do you determine if they're apostate?

Apostate: a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle; abandoning a religious or political belief or principle.

Christianity became an apostate tradition en masse increasingly after Constantine the Great (325 CE). The Jews in 332 BCE after Alexander the Great. Primarily with Greek philosophy replacing Bible teachings.

I don't know why. You just give a series of letters. That's not a name STVB.

It's the name he's given to us for himself. The 4 letters are scattered throughout the entire Hebrew bible.
A basic search shows me 7825 instances.

Names are translated. Why don't you use that translation? Why Not refer to Jesus as JSHS or YSHS?

Then Jesus didn't actually offer his followers eternal life?

See definition above.

Why?
Because I want to.
Aren't I allowed to ask questions about your beliefs?

I'm always happy to answer questions. As long as I don't have to cut through pages of nonsense to get to them or they're not designed for an ulterior motive.
Strange, I thought I made it a series of briefly stated questions.
Perhaps instead of telling me what you will do, just start answering the questions I previously asked.

In post 7, they were simply stated.

Post in thread 'Obtaining definitions' https://forums.carm.org/threads/obtaining-definitions.11884/post-905460

I always describe my beliefs. Everything I say is my beliefs. Those are my beliefs. I even dedicated an entire thread to my beliefs regarding the Bible and later posted a link to that thread titled "what I believe."
I'm asking them here, because I'd like greater clarification.
The manner that you stated them has raised numerous questions, so I thought you would want to make sure people actually understand what you're talking about.

Post in thread 'Obtaining definitions' https://forums.carm.org/threads/obtaining-definitions.11884/post-905460

Ask me any questions you like. Save me the nonsense.
Just answer what I've already asked.

Immortal: living forever; never dying or decaying; an immortal being, especially a god of ancient Greece or Rome.
Eternal: lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning;(of truths, values, or questions) valid for all time; essentially unchanging: seeming to last or persist forever, especially on account of being tedious or annoying.
Well, neither are the biblical definition of eternal and immortal.

Apostate: a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle; abandoning a religious or political belief or principle.
Ok. So, who are the people you're talking about?
All the people I associate with in my life are diligent in their pursuit of the Kingdom of God and Jesus and his righteousness.
Christianity became an apostate tradition en masse increasingly after Constantine the Great (325 CE). The Jews in 332 BCE after Alexander the Great. Primarily with Greek philosophy replacing Bible teachings.
Ok. Sounds like you're talk about the catholic church.
None of the people I'm acquainted with are Catholics.
Former Catholics, who left Catholicism, and have been following Jesus, studying the bible daily, and learning to follow Jesus.
So, just who are the apostates you're talking about?
I don't know why. You just give a series of letters. That's not a name STVB.
It's not STVB.
It's SteveB.
Perhaps you should learn how to read, and comprehend.

Names are translated. Why don't you use that translation? Why Not refer to Jesus as JSHS or YSHS?
Rather interesting, because YHVH's name is YHVH. He's the one who gave it to us.

In fact, Hebrew is a curious language in that it is a 22 letter alphabet, but to take those letters and apply vowelization, it has a series of diacritical markings.

There are 3 basic letters which are used as vowels. Aleph, ayin, and yod. Yod isn't actually a vowel, but with the diacritical marks, it's applied as a vowel.
All the applications for vowels are diacritical marks.

Humans are the one's who put vowels to it.
In other translations, his name, YHVH, is written as LORD.

So, doing what you have here doesn't help you.

See definition above.
Sounds like you have an erroneous idea of what eternal life is.

According to Ephesians 1, 2 Peter 3:13, and elsewhere, we who follow Jesus are looking forward to a life filled with activity and righteousness beyond description.

Paul describes it too in 1 Corinthians 2.

So, if your idea of eternal life is boring and sitting around doing nothing, someone told you lies.

Strange, I thought I made it a series of briefly stated questions.

That's curious, because I ignored them. That is I didn't wade through your nonsense to find them and then answer them so that I would have to wade through more nonsense not to answer more questions. That is strange, isn't it. It's a pity I don't have more time not to do more of this.

Perhaps instead of telling me what you will do, just start answering the questions I previously asked.

Maybe.

In post 7, they were simply stated.

Maybe I'll have the time to waste on that. Maybe not. Who cares? You want to argue infinitely about all of that? That's what you really want. You don't care what I believe. Too bad. Been there, done that.

'm asking them here, because I'd like greater clarification.

No.

The manner that you stated them has raised numerous questions, so I thought you would want to make sure people actually understand what you're talking about.

Then let them ask me.

How come when I asked you to PM me you didn't, curious George. Stop bullshitting me. If you gaslight you may get burned. Don't play with the fires of hell, boy!
https://forums.carm.org/threads/obtaining-definitions.11884/post-905460
Just answer what I've already asked.

I have. From my first introductory post here.
https://forums.carm.org/threads/obtaining-definitions.11884/post-905460
Well, neither are the biblical definition of eternal and immortal.

Oh. Why not? How do you figure? It's pretty ambiguous.

Ok. So, who are the people you're talking about?
All the people I associate with in my life are diligent in their pursuit of the Kingdom of God and Jesus and his righteousness.

No. They are not. Not even enough to do a quick search on the pagan roots, which I've even linked to here many times. Go to Wikipedia. Check it out.

Ok. Sounds like you're talk about the catholic church.
None of the people I'm acquainted with are Catholics.
Former Catholics, who left Catholicism, and have been following Jesus, studying the bible daily, and learning to follow Jesus.

No. Jews and Christians.

So, just who are the apostates you're talking about?

Christians.

It's not STVB.
It's SteveB.
Perhaps you should learn how to read, and comprehend.

I'll use STVB from now on, as long as you use YHVH. And when talking to you YSHS instead of Jesus. Makes sense?

Rather interesting, because YHVH's name is YHVH. He's the one who gave it to us.

No.

In fact, Hebrew is a curious language in that it is a 22 letter alphabet, but to take those letters and apply vowelization, it has a series of diacritical markings.

Here it comes. The lesson.

There are 3 basic letters which are used as vowels. Aleph, ayin, and yod. Yod isn't actually a vowel, but with the diacritical marks, it's applied as a vowel.
All the applications for vowels are diacritical marks.

There are many names throughout the Hebrew scripture, why do you not apply the same rule to others. Why say Jeremiah? Joshua? instead a series of letters?

Humans are the one's who put vowels to it.

Because humans are the ones that spoke it as he would have given it to them only to be written with the limitations of the language. Like I said above, why Jeremiah or Joshua?

In other translations, his name, YHVH, is written as LORD.

That isn't a name, it's a title also applied to others. LORD is a generic term applied by superstitious scribes wanting to prevent the common man from pronouncing his actual name. Is that what you are? Jeremiah 23:27

So, doing what you have here doesn't help you.

Explain?

Sounds like you have an erroneous idea of what eternal life is.

And you have it all figured out with with your big fuzzy Jesus teddy bear and "Christian" bumper sticker slogans. You must feel wonderful about yourself.

According to Ephesians 1, 2 Peter 3:13, and elsewhere, we who follow Jesus are looking forward to a life filled with activity and righteousness beyond description.

Where?

Paul describes it too in 1 Corinthians 2.

Amazing! What are the odds.

So, if your idea of eternal life is boring and sitting around doing nothing, someone told you lies.

No. That isn't my idea. No one told me that. Oh, these exchanges with you, STVB - so - enlightening.

That's curious, because I ignored them. That is I didn't wade through your nonsense to find them and then answer them so that I would have to wade through more nonsense not to answer more questions. That is strange, isn't it. It's a pity I don't have more time not to do more of this.
<snipped everything hereafter, demonstrating that you're as ignored as anyone you ignore>
Exactly.
So, congratulations. You've achieved ignorance.

Back