"it came from God" so is it infallible?

Then why follow them?
Why follow WHO? Pedophile priests? I don't follow them. W
Why not REMOVE them?
They are removed.
Why not hold you leaders accountable?
Do you live under a rock? The leaders are being held accountable. "Cardinal" McCarrick, now "Mr. McCarrick" has been laicized and stripped of his privileges. The problem--is that the guy is so old and senile he doesn't know the difference. There is little satisfaction in punishing someone who is too senile to know or care that they are being punished. McCarrick is so senile--he doesn't even care whether or not he cares! This is a problem with most of the bishops who were involved in covering things up. They are either dead or too old and infirm to know or care about punishments--even when they are punished.

This is not to mention legal efforts. The only problem there is the collateral damage. In an effort to get some semblance of justice--people who had nothing to do with the abuse or cover-ups are the ones who wind up paying. This is why I do not support "window" legislation. It punishes everyone but the guilty.
I'll tell you why. Because rcc leaders are doing the same thing.....your religion has been run by perverts for centuries. And yet all the mushrooms STILL believe and defend them.
I defend CATHOLICISM. I defend the OFFICES of bishop, priest, deacon, and pope. The problem is not with the OFFICES themselves, but with the people who occupied them. I do not defend the people who occupy them.
That speaks volumes about ALL rcs. That is the reason your so-called church is structured the way it is. They have all the power and say so. The mushrooms are just there to feed the coffers.
No more no less than the leadership in your sect.

Consider: would you rather obey one "tyrant" 3,000 miles away, or 3,000 "tyrants" one mile away?

The democratic leadership of Protestant sects-----comes with its own set of problems. Instead of one "tyrant" as the boss, you have 10 tyrants (or however many) in the form of Trustees. What's the difference? Either way--someone or a group of people is in charge.

"Well, Trustees are elected and serve on behalf of the people." Fine--so 51% of the tyrants get what they want and impose their will on the minority. Again, either way, someone is in charge.

Here we go. You just could not resist could you?

No one thinks pedophile priests are Christian.
Really then why are they all not dismissed and their entitlements and titles removed? So there needs to be more than talk. I have no need to resist, I posted facts. If you don't like it change your institution. It is more than pedophile priests isn't it? They are just the tip of the iceberg, the RCC have priests who have raped nuns, have children out of wedlock and not all sexual encounters produce children, so there are others having sex outside marriage and the list of the sins committed by RC leaders is long.

As I say when RCs make statements that are not correct, the proof of the false claims will be produced.

Why follow WHO? Pedophile priests? I don't follow them. W

They are removed.

Do you live under a rock? The leaders are being held accountable. "Cardinal" McCarrick, now "Mr. McCarrick" has been laicized and stripped of his privileges. The problem--is that the guy is so old and senile he doesn't know the difference. There is little satisfaction in punishing someone who is too senile to know or care that they are being punished. McCarrick is so senile--he doesn't even care whether or not he cares! This is a problem with most of the bishops who were involved in covering things up. They are either dead or too old and infirm to know or care about punishments--even when they are punished.

This is not to mention legal efforts. The only problem there is the collateral damage. In an effort to get some semblance of justice--people who had nothing to do with the abuse or cover-ups are the ones who wind up paying. This is why I do not support "window" legislation. It punishes everyone but the guilty.

I defend CATHOLICISM. I defend the OFFICES of bishop, priest, deacon, and pope. The problem is not with the OFFICES themselves, but with the people who occupied them. I do not defend the people who occupy them.

No more no less than the leadership in your sect.

Consider: would you rather obey one "tyrant" 3,000 miles away, or 3,000 "tyrants" one mile away?

The democratic leadership of Protestant sects-----comes with its own set of problems. Instead of one "tyrant" as the boss, you have 10 tyrants (or however many) in the form of Trustees. What's the difference? Either way--someone or a group of people is in charge.

"Well, Trustees are elected and serve on behalf of the people." Fine--so 51% of the tyrants get what they want and impose their will on the minority. Again, either way, someone is in charge.
Yaaaaaaannnnnnn!

It only took the rcc 50 yrs to do so. His behavior was known back in the 1980's, and was ignored. btw, not everybody who is in their 90's is frail or senile. The bigger issue, is when the activity began, he should have been removed from leadership, not wait 50 yrs.
Also it probably started before it was known. Yep he should have been removed straight away, think of all the children harmed because the RC leadership ignored the behaviour, that makes them part of all that sin. They could have saved so many children from harm.

Pope Francis says Abu Dhabi document ‘came from God’ and you ‘can’t understand it otherwise’​

"“It was something that came from God,” Francis proclaimed. “You can’t understand it otherwise, because none of us had this in mind. It emerged during a friendly lunch, and that is a big thing.”

The Abu Dhabi document has been widely criticized by faithful Catholics for putting the Catholic faith and its worship of the God of Revelation on the same plane with religions that do not worship the true God and deliberately reject Him. It also contradicts the teaching according to which there is no salvation outside of the Catholic Church

The Abu Dhabi agreement is old news to me. I heard about it right after it was signed. This is just another step forward in creating the one world religion necessary in the end of days.

Pope Francis says Abu Dhabi document ‘came from God’ and you ‘can’t understand it otherwise’​

"“It was something that came from God,” Francis proclaimed. “You can’t understand it otherwise, because none of us had this in mind. It emerged during a friendly lunch, and that is a big thing.”
So Bergoglio isn't AWARE that SATAN can source thoughts, and messages to the human mind???

Bottom line - IF something IS the WORD OF GOD, then it's 100% infallible.

true IF something IS the WORD OF GOD, then it's 100% infallible.

However: the claim that a document IS the WORD OF GOD could be in error ( or a lie!)
ABSOLUTELY!!! The church is FULL of "Documents", "Systematics", "Theologies", "Dogmas", etc. that are as phony as a three dollar bill.

But to claim that something is "God's Word" just because nobody was "thing about it at the time" is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!!!!

I have rarely brought this up: but do I need to drop the big hammer on what YOUR Church has done to the name of Christianity?
Did I say my Church was perfect?

You make my point for me. That is not what our Church should be about.

That being said-----if you have in mind the Inquisition or Crusades, or the Galileo affair some of what actually happened has been blown out of proportion. But--yes---in the end--my Church was never perfect and I never claimed it was.

Why don't you Protestants learn the difference between infallibility and impeccability?

It only took the rcc 50 yrs to do so. His behavior was known back in the 1980's, and was ignored.
Yes it was. Sadly so. But this is 2022, not 1980's. We cannot change the past, we can only change the present.
btw, not everybody who is in their 90's is frail or senile.
Most of these people involved in this are retired. Not all are in their 90's or senile, but most are retired.
The bigger issue, is when the activity began, he should have been removed from leadership, not wait 50 yrs.
Yeah--well----Monday morning quarterbacking doesn't help now. Could have, should have, would have. What was done is done. All that can be done now is to change the present and make sure something like that never happens again.

The main problem as I see it---is even the bishops and pope now seem tone deaf. The bishops do not understand that the REASON the scandal happened was not because of a lack of awareness on the part of people about abuse, nor was it for lack of training. The REASON the scandal happened---was becasue of--the BISHOPS. The BISHOPS were the problem. They do not seem to grasp that what people want the most is a system of accountability for the bishops.

Groupthink is a major problem right now in the episcopacy. What will it take to get through to them and break up that Groupthink. The bishops keep coming up with new programs, new trainings, etc, but never get around to addressing themselves and the need for them to be held accountable for the decisions they make and their leadership.

For a good read of the problem, I recommend Philip Lawler's "The Faithfully Departed." That should be mandatory reading for all bishops and the pope.

Last edited:
Did I say my Church was perfect?

You make my point for me. That is not what our Church should be about.

That being said-----if you have in mind the Inquisition or Crusades, or the Galileo affair some of what actually happened has been blown out of proportion. But--yes---in the end--my Church was never perfect and I never claimed it was.
nope; the current issues:

Why don't you Protestants learn the difference between infallibility and impeccability?
we do know:

Since the 4th century?

That's right. A confirmation bias groupthink routine has been the demanded norm since the Nicean controversy.

Is it your contention that prior to the 4th century there was no Catholic Church?

There was a church and always has been.

And wicked men decided by an act of their own will to self identify as that church.

A friend of the world is an enemy of God. See fourth century.

It isn't the Bible verses I disagree with, but you are right--you Protestants are nothing if not pesky.

You refute yourself in your own Bible verse. Jesus is talking specifically to the religious leaders. He is not making a general statement. The religious leaders refused to listen to him, the religious leaders sought to kill him becasue he was a threat to their power.

But look who I am talking to---not just a Protestant, but a REFORMED Protestant who is a FIVE point Calvinist. In other words---one who is extreme--even for Protestantism. What the rad trads are to Catholicism, you are to Protestantism.

I repeat: attitudes like you and that other poster have---are what give Christians a bad name. They are the reason we are scorned. They are reason for religious wars. They are the reason we are mocked.

While universalism is not true, and while Hell is a very real reality, and while there may be people who go there; that does not entail that God does not love all people and will the salvation of all. We all have God as our Father and creator, sir. I do not see those of different religious beliefs as children of Satan.
Whether you refute Bible verses, attitudes, Christian denominations, or whatever else that doesn't float your papal boat, what's your answer as to why the Church of Roman Catholicism teaches that in addition to the Protestant Bible with it's 27 books, there are 5 other sources that have divine authority, and I've listed them here:

First on the list of divine authority sources, the RCC says, are the books written between the Old and New Testaments, which are known to RC's as the deuterocanonical books, and to Protestants as the "apocrypha." The Roman Catholic Church believes and teaches that these books are genuine Scripture and includes them as part of their Roman Catholic Bible.

Second, Roman Catholicism also maintains that divine authority is to be found in the authorized Tradition of the Roman Catholic Church, which is also classified as the "Word of God."

Third, divine authority (infallibility) is given to the Pope when he speaks officially on matters of faith and morals.

Fourth - when speaking or teaching in conjunction with the Pope and orthodox Catholic Tradition, Roman Catholic bishops are also held to be infallible, and hence, divinely authoritative.

Fifth - Finally, official RCC interpretation of the Bible (Roman Catholic teaching) is considered to have divine warrant and authority. In essence, all 5 of these sources can be summarized by the term Roman Catholic Tradition."

Broderick, ed., Catholic Encyclopedia, 73-74

Whether you refute Bible verses, attitudes, Christian denominations, or whatever else that doesn't float your papal boat, what's your answer as to why the Church of Roman Catholicism teaches that in addition to the Protestant Bible with it's 27 books, there are 5 other sources that have divine authority, and I've listed them here:

First on the list of divine authority sources, the RCC says, are the books written between the Old and New Testaments, which are known to RC's as the deuterocanonical books, and to Protestants as the "apocrypha." The Roman Catholic Church believes and teaches that these books are genuine Scripture and includes them as part of their Roman Catholic Bible.

Second, Roman Catholicism also maintains that divine authority is to be found in the authorized Tradition of the Roman Catholic Church, which is also classified as the "Word of God."

Third, divine authority (infallibility) is given to the Pope when he speaks officially on matters of faith and morals.

Fourth - when speaking or teaching in conjunction with the Pope and orthodox Catholic Tradition, Roman Catholic bishops are also held to be infallible, and hence, divinely authoritative.

Fifth - Finally, official RCC interpretation of the Bible (Roman Catholic teaching) is considered to have divine warrant and authority. In essence, all 5 of these sources can be summarized by the term Roman Catholic Tradition."

Broderick, ed., Catholic Encyclopedia, 73-74
Rompoporg - you labeled 'Protestants' as "pesky". . . is that because Protestants continually reject the additional sources of what the RCC states is "divine authority," and is what underscores the single most division between the 2 churches? It's obvious that we 'Pesky' Protestants are annoying pests to Roman Catholics like yourself because we are a constant reminder to the RCC that 'divine authority' cannot be found in the Bible alone and at the same time in various additional RCC sources of alleged revelation if they deny the Bible. "Pesky Protestants" remind Roman Catholics that they do not think God's thoughts after Christ, for in Psalms it is revealed that "in Thy light shall we see light." Furthermore, as "pesky" as it sounds, that fact is that God does not contradict Himself and cannot lie, He cannot affirm one set of teachings in the Bible and then declare them wrong through additional forms of revealed Roman Catholic Tradition.
Therefore, is it any wonder then that we proud, "pesky" Protestants unshakably believe that if the Bible truly is God's Word (which even many Roman Catholics also maintain), then anything that conflicts with biblical teaching cannot possibly be from God.

Back