Interpretation entrusted SOLELY to ...

Naw we doant no nuttin bout no histry ceptin the silver war dey larnd usin hyar in redneke ha skule!
So when you contemplate the history of Christian discourse on Scripture, do you think that it was the wrong thing to do to declare a universal meaning for all Christians to hold to?

Sure. But the rcc diviated greatly from that. Thus, the reformation back to the meaning of scripture.
I don't fully get the gist of your post but when do you say the Catholic Church deviated 'from that'. And who took over in declaring what was universally to be held as significant meaning?

and back to the OP:

Not only are Catholics not qualified to interpret Scriptures for themselves:

According to the Lead apologeticist from Catholic.com (while discussing a doctrine)
Catholics not qualified to interpret Magisterial statements. for themselves:

"Much of the current flap over Feeneyism could be avoided if conservative Catholics would remind themselves of the fact that it is the Magisterium, not them and their private judgment, which is the interpreter of previous Magisterial statements."

I don't fully get the gist of your post but when do you say the Catholic Church deviated 'from that'. And who took over in declaring what was universally to be held as significant meaning?
Pull up Luther's 95 thesis he nailed to the door. That will show you what the rcc deviated from. Scripture has ALWAYS declared all significant meaning of what needs to be held. That is why God the Holy Spirit had it written for us. If the church only had the authority to interpret it, then why did the rcc stray so far from His teachings? You and all rcs have bought into to lie that individuals cannot know what scripture says. Just not true. The problembis that most people don't put in the effort, or time to study it properly. Lay people just don't have the time to do so. For instance most pastors spend about one hour of study for each minute of their sermons. That is a lot of time. We are not all capable of doing that. But each denomination has councils or conventions every year to discuss and evaluate doctrinal beliefs. And, as in any gathering, there are disagreements that have to be sorted out. Just like women pastors. Denominations have split over this and I am sure more will split over it. Same as with gay marriage, and gay pastors. So it comes a time to choose whether God’s word will or will not be honored.

Just because the RCC decided to become political and follow the Roman Emmperors in its behavious does not mean anything at all, other than force might appear to win but it does not make it right.

You'd possibly find a Catholic Study Bible somewhere in a Church. But there is no comprehensive volume in encyclopedia form of every numbered verse of scripture. In fact for the first millennium of the Church the Scriptures weren't even broken into chapter and verse. They were transmitted as spiritually inspired essays. It was old scholarly theologians role to zoom in on a point without loosing the context of the whole.
There isn't a list of infallible interpretations according to your parameters.
WHY NOT????

CCC-100 The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted SOLELY to the Magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him.
I will tell you why. It gives romanism and its false "priesthood" power and control over you by making you enslaved and dependent on it/them rather than Jesus Christ. Romanism wants you to look to it for answers to your problems rather than Jesus. It wants to be at the center of your life rather than Jesus.

Hit the nail squarely on the head.
Yes, indeed, and Roman Catholics can personally evaluate their own church on the basis of biblical teaching. It is entirely necessary to do this, as Karl Keating, an RCC apologist, points out in his book: What Catholics Really Believe - Setting the Record Straight (1992, p. 112) "Catholics are required to hold and believe all the declared doctrines of the Church."

Yes, indeed, and Roman Catholics can personally evaluate their own church on the basis of biblical teaching. It is entirely necessary to do this, as Karl Keating, an RCC apologist, points out in his book: What Catholics Really Believe - Setting the Record Straight (1992, p. 112) "Catholics are required to hold and believe all the declared doctrines of the Church."

It amounts to nothing but confirming your own lies to yourself - a confirmation bias routine which is nothing but the art of self deception intentionally designed to satisfy your own fleshly desires and teaching others to do the same.

Beware of that leaven. Many inside Rome, and out, have adopted this wicked way.

Last edited:
It amounts to nothing but confirming your own lies to yourself - a confirmation bias routine which is nothing but the art of self deception intentionally designed to satisfy your own fleshly desires and teaching others to do the same.

I might be convinced to believe you except for one huge factor. You see I'm a cradle Catholic from a very Catholic environment and have never fallen away from the Church. Maybe that would give me pause to ask, could what you say be true. But the huge factor is that of the numerous converts to Catholicism who have freely chosen to accept the authority of the Church and not only that, allowed themselves to be conformed to her family dynamic. Yes there have been some wolves among the clergy and done dreadful things under cover of what I call occult influences.... but they pale in history by the glorious characters who have shown Christ in their obedience, sacrifice, humility and charity.

So at the end of the day, I just look out at the accusers and would say, look inwards. It's possible you are projecting.

I might be convinced to believe you except for one huge factor.

You don't need to believe me or any other man. You need to believe the Spirit of Truth.

You see I'm a cradle Catholic from a very Catholic environment and have never fallen away from the Church. Maybe that would give me pause to ask, could what you say be true. But the huge factor is that of the numerous converts to Catholicism who have freely chosen to accept the authority of the Church

Jesus said there would be MANY who follow false prophets.

and not only that, allowed themselves to be conformed to her family dynamic. Yes there have been some wolves among the clergy and done dreadful things under cover of what I call occult influences.... but they pale in history by the glorious characters who have shown Christ in their obedience, sacrifice, humility and charity.

So at the end of the day, I just look out at the accusers and would say, look inwards. It's possible you are projecting.

So far, at the end of the day, you tell yourself what tickles your itchng ears. You do it nearly every time you post. This is only a way to deceive yourself.

I fully agree! Roman Catholics must regularly confirm and fully apply to themselves the lie taught to them from the beginning of their experience inside the religious institution known as the Roman Catholic Church, which begins their strict life-long indoctrination procedures by proclaiming and believing, first and foremost, the Roman Catholic Church's own initial lie which emphatically states that it is the Roman Catholic Church that is the one true Church established by Jesus Christ for the salvation of all mankind.

Last edited:
I fully agree! Roman Catholics must regularly confirm and fully apply to themselves the lie taught to them from the beginning of their experience inside the religious institution known as the Roman Catholic Church, which begins their strict life-long indoctrination procedures by proclaiming and believing, first and foremost, the Roman Catholic Church's own initial lie which emphatically states that it is the Roman Catholic Church that is the one true Church established by Jesus Christ for the salvation of all mankind.

When you boil this down, they teach their flock how to deceive themselves by teaching them to practice confirmation bias.

Back