Authority/Responsibility

Great so my own understanding of His word and listening to the HS I have concluded that Jesus gave authority the Peter and his successors and we should listen to them.
and you will be help responsible for that:
Are you ok with it?

Adam said to God “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate.”
Ding will say to God, “The Church whom you gave to be with me, she gave me their fruit, and I ate.”

Oh every person will be held responsible for who and what they follow. You cannot say but that authority told me I am right. It will not hold water with God.

I mean I had a pastor tell us in a sermon that he was responsible for us, so if he was sexually immoral and we followed he would be responsible. I was asked what I thought. My reply got me in hot water. I said if it states in black and white in God's word that something is wrong, then I cannot use another as an excuse for my sin. I am responsible. I have God's word, I can read therefore I am responsible.

We are all responsible before God for our decisions. He is very clear in His word. If we can read we are responsible, we cannot shift it onto someone else.

I believe that Jesus gave the Pope/Magisterium the authority and that authority doesn't depend on their behavior. So I listen to them.

weakest link? like you?
QUESTION--->Are you infallibly certain your Church infallible declared a Canon?
That is debateable isn't it, maybe the weakest link is Dingoling? We know the RCC has no link to Jesus, they have proved that by their fruit.

I believe that Jesus gave the Pope/Magisterium the authority and that authority doesn't depend on their behavior. So I listen to them.
Yep you are claiming that Jesus gave us men who loved orgies, are sexually immoral, change His word to mean what they want. Yep not buying it.

So there is no reason for us to listen to your own or others personal interpretation of scripture as being correct.
No need for us to listen to your own personal interpretation of the RC's interpretation as being correct. Why should anyone listen to you?

There come a point where behavior is so bad /evil that it is entirely appropriate to question how the Holy Sprit could involved in that person's life

and you will be help responsible for that:
Are you ok with it?

Yes.

Adam said to God “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate.”
Ding will say to God, “The Church whom you gave to be with me, she gave me their fruit, and I ate.”

That could be extended:

- "1Thess521 said.... , he gave me his fruit and I ate."

or

- "My own personal interpretation of scripture which you gave me, this is the fruit that I ate."?

What is the correct scenario?

If no one has the authority then who should we listen to?
Such an inane question which has been answered many times, in many posts. Not an evil false authority called the RCC that is for sure. If you are unsaved then you have a problem. By asking that question it reveals a lot about you.

The Orthodox church separated from the RCC and didn't acknowledge the authority of the Pope/Magisterium. A good illustration of what happens when Christians reject the authority of the church.
Ding says
A good illustration of what happens when Christians reject the authority of the church.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and what was that illistration ????

Great so my own understanding of His word and listening to the HS I have concluded that Jesus gave authority the Peter and his successors and we should listen to them.
Yep RCs have no discernment, no spiritual judgement and no testing of the spirits. No surprise they believe and follow the false claims and teachings of the RCC.

Yes.

That could be extended:

- "1Thess521 said.... , he gave me his fruit and I ate."

or

- "My own personal interpretation of scripture which you gave me, this is the fruit that I ate."?

What is the correct scenario?
you will be held responsible: that's the bottom line

Of course God holds me responsible. I am not an RC who is going to follow Adam, Eve in the garden and blame God and the Devil for their actions. I will be held responsible for me.
But you are not going to be held responsible for another Christian.

Back