This is my body - no metaphysical change required

Everyone in Jesus' presence during the Bread of Life discourse took Him literally. That is why His disciples left Him. Did He stop them to correct the "misunderstanding" He caused?

No. There was no misunderstanding.

So Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?” John 6:67
Yes, why would Jesus ask his disciples is they wanted to go away if he was using a figure of speech.

Everyone in Jesus' presence during the Bread of Life discourse took Him literally. That is why His disciples left Him. Did He stop them to correct the "misunderstanding" He caused?

Really proof for that claim?

Yes, why would Jesus ask his disciples is they wanted to go away if he was using a figure of speech.
They understood it was a figure of speech to explain a spiritual point. He was asking them did they want to follow Him. If it was literal did they literally eat Him. No they didn't.

They understood it was a figure of speech to explain a spiritual point. He was asking them did they want to follow Him. If it was literal did they literally eat Him. No they didn't.

Scripture doesn't say that, this is just your own personal interpretation of scripture. We accept what scripture says, but we don't accept your own personal interpretation of scripture.

Scripture doesn't say that, this is just your own personal interpretation of scripture. We accept what scripture says, but we don't accept your own personal interpretation of scripture.
See you have a major problem because scripture doesn't say it is literal. So that is your own interpretation of your instition's false interpretation. You do not accept what scripture says at all. Following your logic Peter is Satan. If you did you would follow the scriptures on discerning, testing and judging. I could go on but it is just not able to be heard by those who do not want to hear.

Mind you it is pretty obvious that Jesus is not a literal loaf of bread.

See you have a major problem because scripture doesn't say it is literal. So that is your own interpretation of your instition's false interpretation. You do not accept what scripture says at all. Following your logic Peter is Satan. If you did you would follow the scriptures on discerning, testing and judging. I could go on but it is just not able to be heard by those who do not want to hear.

Your own personal interpretation of scripture says that Jesus was using a figure of speech. So we are not rejecting what scripture says, we are rejecting your own personal interpretation of scripture.

Matt. 13:34​
All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables;​
and without a parable spake he not unto them:​
35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet,​
saying, I will open my mouth in parables;
I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.​
36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away,​
and went into the house:​
================​

I wish posters would put brain in gear before engaging keyboard
?????

and Peter says;
Then Simon Peter answered him,​
Lord, to whom shall we go?​
thou hast the words of eternal life.​

so much for this Holy Cracker and cheap sour wine

Then Jesus sent the multitude away,
But there are some of you that believe not.
For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not,
and who should betray him.
From that time many of his disciples went back,
and walked no more with him.
=​

Last edited:
Your own personal interpretation of scripture says that Jesus was using a figure of speech. So we are not rejecting what scripture says, we are rejecting your own personal interpretation of scripture.
You own interpretation of scriputre means Peter is Satan. So you have already proved you way of interpreting scripture is flawed. I pointed out the many scriptures your institutions reject. Do I need to repost them? You have proven you cannot tell when Jesus is speaking literal and symbolically.

You own interpretation of scriputre means Peter is Satan. So you have already proved you way of interpreting scripture is flawed. I pointed out the many scriptures your institutions reject. Do I need to repost them? You have proven you cannot tell when Jesus is speaking literal and symbolically.

The bottom line is that we are not rejecting scripture, like you have said before, we are rejecting your own personal interpretation of scripture.

The bottom line is that we are not rejecting scripture, like you have said before, we are rejecting your own personal interpretation of scripture.
Yep you are ignoring scripture when you change what it means. So the bottom line is you are rejecting scripture. But it is you who brought up rejecting scripture in post 26 when responding to my post:

So where in that post did I say you rejected scripture. But then this explains why you have problem with understanding scripture.

Please link to that post where I said you reject scripture. When I post the RCC rejects/ignores scripture I post some of the scriptures RCs ignore. I do not recall never mentioning the last supper verses being among them. Please post evidence of this claim you are making.

I prefer the word ignore but yep been back through all my posts in this thread and I never said the YOU rejected scripture because you say it is literal. Please link to the post where you I said that. Otherwise you are bearing false witness. You are the one who brought up rejecting scripture concerning this matter.

I wish posters would put brain in gear before engaging keyboard
?????

and Peter says;
Then Simon Peter answered him,​
Lord, to whom shall we go?​
thou hast the words of eternal life.​

so much for this Holy Cracker and cheap sour wine

Then Jesus sent the multitude away,​
......​
But there are some of you that believe not.​
For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not,​
and who should betray him.​
From that time many of his disciples went back,​
and walked no more with him.​
=​
Speak for yourself.

John 6:37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

That is exactly what you claim He did, contrary to His word.

Yep you are ignoring scripture when you change what it means. So the bottom line is you are rejecting scripture. But it is you who brought up rejecting scripture in post 26 when responding to my post:

So where in that post did I say you rejected scripture. But then this explains why you have problem with understanding scripture.
According to nCCs no one has been given authority to be the official interpreter of scripture, so whose to say what it means?

]]
Speak for yourself.

John 6:37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

That is exactly what you claim He did, contrary to His word.
John 6:37 All those the Father gives me will come to me

#2:
But there are some of you that believe not

just culling the heard from ;
those the Father gives (gave him) me
and
those that believed not

separating the Wheat from the Tares

]]

John 6:37 All those the Father gives me will come to me

#2:
But there are some of you that believe not

just culling the heard from ;
those the Father gives (gave him) me
and
those that believed not

separating the Wheat from the Tares
"Then Jesus sent the multitude away,"
What is the context for that incomplete sentence?

According to nCCs no one has been given authority to be the official interpreter of scripture, so whose to say what it means?
No according to me and others God has clearly said we can understand scripture for ourselves - it is not over the seas, it is not in the skies. Your logic is clearly flawed because if we follow it, Peter is Satan. You never answer questions asked and you do nothing except divert which this post is clearly doing. You just avoid answering, you and other RCs have failed to defend your belief on this topic.

No according to me and others God has clearly said we can understand scripture for ourselves - it is not over the seas, it is not in the skies. Your logic is clearly flawed because if we follow it, Peter is Satan. You never answer questions asked and you do nothing except divert which this post is clearly doing. You just avoid answering, you and other RCs have failed to defend your belief on this topic.
But if we follow your understanding we wouldn't be following Jesus.

No if we follow your understanding we wouldn't be following Jesus. Do stop making false claims. I mean the way you interpret scripture Peter is Satan.
You haven't been given any authority to be the official interpreter of scripture for the Christian faith.

what was their answer?

“You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.

Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go?
You have the words of eternal life.
We have come to believe and to know
that you are the Holy One of God.”

note that their answer involves belief

As Jesus said in John 6
“I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty
"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life"
" For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

"Yet there are some of you who do not believe."

Back