Is the "World's Oldest Bible" a Fake?

It wouldn't have been the British Library that contacted BAM, it would have been the University of Leipzig.
I have been trying to verify this story that the U of Leipzig contacted, and then cancelled, BAM, but no luck.

Well done for trying to get the facts first, rather than jumping to conclusions.

It wouldn't have been the British Library that contacted BAM, it would have been the University of Leipzig.
I have been trying to verify this story that the U of Leipzig contacted, and then cancelled, BAM, but no luck.

As a reminder, everyone, the US was moving to the metric system and didn't.

I'm sure it's only because we were......afraid of.....something......

False memories.

Nope.

Believe it or not, I got tested for THAT, too.

And again - I can understand why it is hard for you to admit to the truth.

Just like I can point out I offered to pay for your SBL membership in exchange for you actually presenting your so-called research before a group of scholars. And it's 100% accurate.

For reasons known only to you, you're far more comfortable firing off insults on boards where you know these scholars aren't rather than actually sharing the fruits of any sort of research and offering it for cross-examination.

Just like I can point out I offered to pay for your SBL membership in exchange for you actually presenting your so-called research before a group of scholars.

Another sham.
You pretended you had the authority to get approval to be a speaker.

Anyway, by next year, it might be a good time, by the grace of the Lord Jesus. However, the Evangelical group would be superior to the unbelievers that dominate SBL. I remember Maurice Robinson sharing that it was a far better meeting venue. (If they still have that group meeting.)

Another sham.

Anyway, by next year, it might be a good time, by the grace of the Lord Jesus. However, the Evangelical group would be superior to the unbelievers that dominate SBL. I remember Maurice Robinson sharing that it was a far better meeting venue. (If they still have that group meeting.)

Why is next year a good time, and not now?

You mean you want the debating environment to be favourable to you only? And hostile to Bill?

Why is next year a good time, and not now?
You mean you want the debating environment to be favourable to you only? And hostile to Bill?

My post about next year was about my presenting at the Evangelical forum (or possibly the SBL).
Nothing to do with debates.

There are some studies in process, that may well have a bearing on the best timing to present at a conference.

James Snapp and I are planning a Youtube discussion on Sinaiticus in 2 or 3 weeks..

My post about next year was about my presenting at the Evangelical forum (or possibly the SBL).

There are some studies in process, that may well have a bearing on the best timing to present at a conference.

James Snapp and I are planning a Youtube discussion on Sinaiticus in 2 or 3 weeks..

So are you chickening out?

Speaking of shams....

You wouldn't be able to present anything at the ETS because you deny the Trinity (Article 3) and you've never been published in a peer reviewed publication.

Did you not know this when you said the above? or did you know it and say it anyway?
Obviously this is one of the reasons you have to rely on YouTube as a platform for your "presentations" and "debates."

I remember Maurice Robinson sharing that it was a far better meeting venue. (If they still have that group meeting.)
Is Robinson aware of your inability to be a member of the ETS?

Last edited:
Another sham.
This is a false accusation. He never claimed or implied any such authority. Can you provide evidence that Maestroh EVER claimed he could get you in to speak at SBL?

From what I've seen at BVDB, he merely offered to pay for your membership (and in a later post offered to take a video of the presentation if you ever actually got in). Here it is, in his own words:

I honestly think [Avery] should present his (incompetent) research on Sinaiticus, not on an Internet forum that has only two active members but in front of the people he has attacked as "incompetent" as he recently did both Keith Elliott and Dan Wallace.
Boston isn't that far from NYC, you can come up on the train. Not only that - I WILL PAY FOR YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP IN SBL FOR 2017 if you actually present this paper.
The call for papers for SBL typically opens around mid-December 2016 and you will know if you are selected by March 2017.
How about it? Are you actually up to REAL biblical scholarship and interaction? Or are you little more than a hack Internet troll without one ounce of knowledge of the subject?
Just be forewarned - there is a QA/ response afterwards and you might well get dragged onto the carpet and demonstrated to be a fool by David Parker, Keith Elliott, or Peter Head, all of whom I'm sure will be there (Dan Wallace will and given your insults of Ed Komoszewski, he may well have some difficult questions for you as well).
So how about it? If you're REALLY interested in scholarship - here's your chance.
And from another post (thread: "Dr. Tom Wasserman to speak about the Simonides nonsense at SBL"):
You have to admit my idea was not as far-fetched as it seemed at the time, and I SINCERELY hope - SINCERELY - that Avery would join the SBL and come let actual textual experts (and not just the "amen" corner that frequents his Facebook posts) ASK HIM QUESTIONS. My goodness, I'll film this on my HD video and ensure widespread proliferation of this one.

Last edited:
It's worth checking Prothero, A Memoir of Henry BradshawOffsite Link (1888) 92-99. [here]. Henry Bradshaw was tasked with investigating the claims of Simonides re the Codex Sinaiticus.

The motive of Simonides in alleging the Codex Sinaiticus to have been written by himself was revenge against Dr. Tischendorf for previously exposing Simonides as a forger [quite a good motive].

The conclusion by Prothero on the matter of Simonides being a liar is far more concise and conclusive than that in Farrar's work (here). Here is Prothero's summary of the affair:

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

Last edited:
These are serious questions that we expect Mr Avery to be very well informed about.

These questions relate directly to how and why young Constantine ended up on Mt Athos in the first place.

Questions about young Simonides attempt at murder.

1. Which specific relative did Simonides try to poison?
  2. With what did he try to poison this relative?
  3. Why did he try to poison this relative?
  4. What were the consequences of this attempted poisoning?

Mr Avery is being very reluctant to give an answer.

It's worth checking Prothero, A Memoir of Henry BradshawOffsite Link (1888) 92-99. [here]. Henry Bradshaw was tasked with investigating the claims of Simonides re the Codex Sinaiticus.

The motive of Simonides in alleging the Codex Sinaiticus to have been written by himself was revenge against Dr. Tischendorf for previously exposing Simonides as a forger [quite a good motive].

The conclusion by Prothero on the matter of Simonides being a liar is far more concise and conclusive than that in Farrar's work (here). Here is Prothero's summary of the affair:

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

It would be educational and informative to have the entire letter of Amphilochus, Bishop of Pelusium posted here, if someone could find it.

These are serious questions that we expect Mr Avery to be very well informed about.

These are not serious questions, because they are based on assuming the truth one persons "apparently" (meaning even her uncertainty about reports from 150+ years back), and nothing more. Thus your repetition of fallacious questions is a type of trolling.

Last edited:
Back