Without Jesus

The whole of Christianity SCREAMS conditional, stiggy!!

Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior
or
go to Hell

Your Alzheimer's is acting up again. Let me gently bring you back on track, as I used to do for my grandfather who suffered from the same affliction:

The subject was "taking no thought for the morrow." Do you remember now, Gramps, I mean Treeplanter? The subject was not whether salvation is conditional. You and I have debated that many times before, before you got Alzheimer's. Remember? No, you don't, do you? Anyway, this time we're talking about whether not being anxious about the future is conditional. I know you forgot, but you're the one who, not knowing better, I'm sure, said that Christianity teaches to be concerned for the future at the expense to the present, and then, I know you don't remember this either, I told you how it was just the opposite. And I know you also forgot what Jesus said in the fourth chapter of Matthew but I promise He didn't make not being anxious about tomorrow conditional.

Now take your medication and go get some rest.

The subject was "taking no thought for the morrow."
No, stiggy, the subject, as always, is whether or not it is wise to place faith in Jesus Christ

That said, Christianity is harmful because, among other reasons, it urges it's adherents to prioritize a life to come above and beyond the life that we have now

Even if we were to have a life to come, any god worthy of our devotion would urge us to concern ourselves, first and foremost, with the lives that we are currently experiencing

No, stiggy, the subject, as always, is whether or not it is wise to place faith in Jesus Christ

My Lord, your Alzheimer's is progressing at an alarming rate now. That is NOT the subject. You not only forgot that you wrote the OP and thus chose the subject matter, but you actually FORGOT the subject matter. Go back and read it. Seriously, Alzheimer's is usually a much slower developing disease. Something is definitely wrong.

Even if we were to have a life to come, any god worthy of our devotion would urge us to concern ourselves, first and foremost, with the lives that we are currently experiencing

So you think He's telling us not to steal and murder and commit adultery in our afterlife in HEAVEN? You think He's asking us to forgive our neighbors in the afterlife? Wow, simply Wow.

Wrong, stiggy

This IS the subject of my very post ever since I started here on CARM...

Your OP is still up there. Did your Alzheimer's convince you that CARM removes them from the top of the thread? Read your own OP. You will see that your subject matter was NOT "accept Jesus or go to hell." Your memory is fading faster than Nebraska's chances of beating Iowa this Friday.

Your OP is still up there. Did your Alzheimer's convince you that CARM removes them from the top of the thread? Read your own OP. You will see that your subject matter was NOT "accept Jesus or go to hell." Your memory is fading faster than Nebraska's chances of beating Iowa this Friday.
Yep, all of my OPs are "still up there", stiggy

And all of my OPs are, at heart, meant to call into question the wisdom of placing faith in Christ...

PS
My 'faith' in Nebraska beating Iowa has been justified!
What, though, do you think about the Rhule hire?

Last edited:
Yep, all of my OPs are "still up there", stiggy

That's unfortunate for you. The one heading this thread shows you screwed up in what you recently claimed was its subject.

What, though, do you think about the Rhule hire?

Not much. Georgia Tech mistakenly hired a coach just because he'd had success at Temple. There's a big difference between the competition in the American Athletic Conference and the Big 12, as well as the ACC. And Scott Frost was as much of a disappointment as Geoff Collins. So I can empathize. I'm still waiting to see who gets the job at Tech. Deon Sanders would be nice.

Without Jesus our lives have no ultimate meaning

At least, this is what many Christians have claimed right here on CARM

Without Jesus we might as well fulfill our every whim and desire - paying no heed to the consequence to ourselves or others

At least, this is what many Christians have claimed right here on CARM

Funny thing, though...

I live without Jesus and it has never once occurred to me that my life is without ultimate meaning
I live without Jesus and I have never once contemplated placing my own self gratification above and beyond consequence

This OP has been edited per mod.

- but you are here posting on a Christian website. You must be seeking something, right?

Back