Self Identifying doesn't help

Certainly.

God Himself tells us.

We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit that He has given us. 1 John 3:24

By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 1 John 4:13

That same Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are children of God. Romans 8:16

By this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commands. 4 The one who says, “I have come to know him,” and does not keep his commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in him: 6 the one who says he abides in him ought himself to walk just as he walked.
1 John 2:3-6
Nice try but all you said is that you know because He has given you His Spirit. You also said "that we know Him if we keep his commands etc." So again, how do you know He has given you His Spirt? Secondly, do you mean to say if you keep his commands and walked as He walked you will receive His Spirit? Is that how one obtains salvation according to you?

In Him,
james

Reactions: Mik
If you believe that God did not come to Jesus and give him His information through the Spirit God is, then dont believe it. But it is in black and white for everyone to read, believing is another matter however.
I don't believe Jesus got a download from God during His baptism when as you claim His sins were forgiven.

You just did in the case of Jesus. You do not believe that God came to Jesus and opened up His information to that man. You just stated Jesus didnt receive anything from God even though it is quite clear that He did.
Why are you lying?

See the above response.

Nice try but all you said is that you know because He has given you His Spirit.

And that's what you asked for.

You also said "that we know Him if we keep his commands etc." So again, how do you know He has given you His Spirt?

Kind of like you know when a bat hit you over the head when a bat hit you over the head.

Secondly, do you mean to say if you keep his commands and walked as He walked you will receive His Spirit?

Did you imagine this or did I say that?

Is that how one obtains salvation according to you?

Only those who do the will of the Father will enter the Kingdom.

Nice try but all you said is that you know because He has given you His Spirit.
You cant know Him any other way. Even Jesus didnt know Gods Spirit nor His heaven until God opens it to him, Matt 3:16. This is how Jesus knew and this is how we all know who has received from God that same information from God Himself manifest in you.
You also said "that we know Him if we keep his commands etc." So again, how do you know He has given you His Spirt?
Because if one does have His Mind, or Spirit the mind is referred to, then you know everything of Him for only He can open in you that revelation.
Secondly, do you mean to say if you keep his commands and walked as He walked you will receive His Spirit?
No if you have His same mind, you will keep His commands because you become them.
Is that how one obtains salvation according to you?
One obtains salvation the same way Jesus did in Matt 3:16.
Are you really? If you were I wouldn't see you question His salvation as you are doing.

Why are you lying?

See the above response.
Na, you just believe Jesus was a god and didnt need the God of heaven to open anything in him. One here says Jesus didnt receieve anything from God in Matt 3:16 LOL. You can read what he received from God in Matt 3:16 and read the replies.

You just write your own bible is all.

Na, he just believes Jesus was a god and didnt need the God of heaven to open anything in him. One here says Jesus didnt receieve anything from God LOL. You can read it in Matt 3:16 and read the replies.
Still presenting deception? Do I have to block you?

Jesus received from heaven..but received nothing during the baptism..except recognition.

Jesus didn't receive salvation as you claimbecause Jesus was sinless.

Still presenting deception? Do I have to block you?
Yes to you Jesus certainly was deceptive.

You can block me, it only shows your immaturity because you cant stand the truth
Jesus received from heaven..but received nothing during the baptism..except recognition.
If you do not believe that God came to him by His Spirit and opened up all of His heaven in that man, then Matt 3:16 is a lie for you for sure.
Jesus didn't receive salvation as you claimbecause Jesus was sinless.
He was sinless after Matt 3:16, until then he was of the laws for sin in the temple he was brought out of those laws that he once taught even from a young age. He sinned when he disobeyed his parents at the pass over. He sinned when he got so angry and went into a rage and turned over tables and chairs, made a whip and drove people out of the temple. He was a sinner to the one who accused him of sin, blasphemer against the laws for sin he once taught.

To say Jesus was without sin has noting at all to do with the laws for sin. For he was of these laws. What do you think Jesus taught in those temples before Matt 3:16 if it wasn't the laws for sin?

You are so shallow in understanding, you do not have a clue what happen in Jesus in Matt 3:16 that he would become the enemy of the very ones he once taught and just as here in this very forum where God came to me just as He did in Jesus, in Abraham, in Moses, in 120, and even Adam receieved from God His knowledge and became like Him to know this same difference all of these came to know. Gen 3:22.

If you say Jesus wasn't saved from the laws for sin in the temple then you just blank out that fact in your mind. Jesus was no different from any of us who has received from God that what he did in Matt 3:16, we were under the laws for sin as well and just as in Jesus we were saved from those temples, denominations. You just havent been saved from the laws for sin in your temple is all, you still cling to their laws instead of being freed from them as Jesus was in att 3:16 to know that difference as even Adam received. That is very obvious.

You can block me, it only shows your immaturity because you cant stand the truth
Why would you even post such nonsense.....If I don't agree with you, and blockyou it's because I can't stand the truth.

Now here I thought you had the mind of Christ and only spoke the perfected truth? It turns out you're pretty much a biblical fraud.

If you do not believe that God came to him by His Spirit and opened up all of His heaven in that man, then Matt 3:16 is a lie for you for sure.
The heavens opened...like a window...so the Father could speak....like opening your car window so you could talk to the person outside.
He was sinless after Matt 3:16,
He was sinless prior to Matt 3:16. But then again according to you Baptist, Presbyterians and the such are not saved.

Once again let me ask you...do you have a web-site that explains your "doctrine"?

So, according to your theology....what must one do to become saved?

9 For the eyes of the Lord search back and forth across the whole earth, looking for people whose hearts are perfect toward him, so that he can show his great power in helping them.

2 Chronicles 16:9

9 For the eyes of the Lord search back and forth across the whole earth, looking for people whose hearts are perfect toward him, so that he can show his great power in helping them.

2 Chronicles 16:9
Is this a condition the Lord searches for before or after ones salvation?

Certainly.

God Himself tells us.

We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit that He has given us. 1 John 3:24

By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 1 John 4:13

That same Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are children of God. Romans 8:16

By this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commands. 4 The one who says, “I have come to know him,” and does not keep his commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in him: 6 the one who says he abides in him ought himself to walk just as he walked.
1 John 2:3-6
You have the cart before the horse. You don't become a Christian by obeying His commands/commandments. This is works to gain salvation, and if this way is true there would be no need for Christ to die on the cross, period. How do you think the thief on the cross next to Jesus was able to be with Jesus in Paradise?

The thief did nothing but admit he was a sinner and ask Jesus to remember him. The whole point of John's gospel is summed up at John 20:31, "but these have been written that you may "BELIEVE" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that "BELIEVING" you may have life in His name."

In made reference to a few verses in 1 John. Notice 1 John 5:11-12, "And this is the record that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in the Son. vs12, He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." One has the Son based on taking God's word because God does not lie. Therefore, one is qualified as a Christian just like the thief on that cross. In short, God knows one's heart.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

You have the cart before the horse. You don't become a Christian by obeying His commands/commandments. This is works to gain salvation, and if this way is true there would be no need for Christ to die on the cross, period. How do you think the thief on the cross next to Jesus was able to be with Jesus in Paradise?

Why are you unnecessarily confusing the question at hand?

You had asked how we can know that we are on the road that leads to life.

The Bible tells us how we can know.

The thief did nothing but admit he was a sinner and ask Jesus to remember him. The whole point of John's gospel is summed up at John 20:31, "but these have been written that you may "BELIEVE" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that "BELIEVING" you may have life in His name."

In made reference to a few verses in 1 John. Notice 1 John 5:11-12, "And this is the record that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in the Son. vs12, He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." One has the Son based on taking God's word because God does not lie. Therefore, one is qualified as a Christian just like the thief on that cross. In short, God knows one's heart.

One verse doesn't nullify another.

Properly reading the Bible isn't like shopping for what you want and cherry picking verses you like and rejecting those you don't. But it seems that this is what you are advocating.

Last edited:
The heavens opened...like a window...so the Father could speak....like opening your car window so you could talk to the person outside.

He was sinless prior to Matt 3:16. But then again according to you Baptist, Presbyterians and the such are not saved.
Not according to me at all, either you are like the Father as Jesus was like Him or you are not and has other reservations for a belief based on opinions alone. You are your own judge int that, you have the Father as your disposition, mind, Spirit and walk in it as He walks in it or you dont. And through experience I havent seen many that are like Him as God commands of us all if we are to be of Him with the same signs following you.
Once again let me ask you...do you have a web-site that explains your "doctrine"?
I have a book you can look up on a website, it is called the Bible and from Gen - Revelations the whole book is about YOU and who are you.

Why would you even post such nonsense.....If I don't agree with you, and blockyou it's because I can't stand the truth.
Ive never had to block anyone, It is easy to love those who hate me, that is the way of my Father God, and see no need to block anyone. Why would I? That is so immature.
Now here I thought you had the mind of Christ and only spoke the perfected truth? It turns out you're pretty much a biblical fraud.
So was Jesus to the same mentality as yourself and look how they treated him for that same biblical fraud, blaspheme, they accused him of and you accuse me of for the very same reason.

Last edited:
Why are you unnecessarily confusing the question at hand?

You had asked how we can know that we are on the road that leads to life.

The Bible tells us how we can know.

One verse doesn't nullify another.

Properly reading the Bible isn't like shopping for what you want and cherry picking verses you like and rejecting those you don't. But it seems that this is what you are advocating.
This is what you stated. "There are few who take the narrow way that leads to life. FEW will be saved." Your statement assumes that your on the narrow road and I'm asking you how did you get on the narrow road? What did you do to qualify you being on the narrow road?

My last post explained on one gets on the narrow road. What you did was state you have to keep the commandments/commands of God. I "rightfully" pointed out , (using the thief on the cross) that one is saved by faith. So, kindly point out to me where I am wrong in what I stated? And btw, the only thing you got right is when you said, "One verse doesn't nullify another." One has to know how to "RECONCILE" verses that "appear" to contradict each other. So again, what did I say wrong or what did I say that you disagree with and why?

IN GOD THE SON,
james

This is what you stated. "There are few who take the narrow way that leads to life. FEW will be saved." Your statement assumes that your on the narrow road and I'm asking you how did you get on the narrow road? What did you do to qualify you being on the narrow road?

Well then you are now asking ANOTHER question which is a DIFFERENT question than the one you asked before aren't you?

My last post explained on one gets on the narrow road.

That's nice but you had asked how do you know you are on the narrow road not how one gets on the narrow road.

What you did was state you have to keep the commandments/commands of God.

Because your Bible tells you that's how you know you that you have come to know HIM.

If you want to confuse yourself, please go ahead, but don't expect me to participate in your confusion.

I "rightfully" pointed out , (using the thief on the cross) that one is saved by faith.

Your wrongfully confused the question at hand.

So, kindly point out to me where I am wrong in what I stated? And btw, the only thing you got right is when you said, "One verse doesn't nullify another." One has to know how to "RECONCILE" verses that "appear" to contradict each other. So again, what did I say wrong or what did I say that you disagree with and why?

IN GOD THE SON,
james

Your own confusion does not amount to my error.

If you want to GET ON the narrow road, you must do this and enter through this narrow gate:

"If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it but whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds." Matthew 16:24-27
- the Lord Jesus Christ

And once you are have denied yourself and taken up your cross and you are truly on that road, it will look like this:

By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commands. 4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says he abides in Him ought to walk just as He walked.

Last edited:
Is this a condition the Lord searches for before or after ones salvation?

I would try it and see. We are told in one verse that:

"But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul."

So if we find ourselves scattered amongst the Nations (not knowing/serving God), any one, if from there they seek God, they will find. Because God is seeking those who will follow what is just and right.

Not according to me at all, either you are like the Father as Jesus was like Him or you are not and has other reservations for a belief based on opinions alone.
Oh, let me guess your bad interpretation isn't based upon YOUR opinion?

Back