According to Mormonism,,,

Janice Bower

Obedience to temple ordinances, temple oaths, Mormon laws is necessary to "come unto" their Jesus and know him. But they have a diffferent Jesus while we know God by revelation from God Himself.

John 10 tells us that we know the voice of the True Jesus and won't follow strangers.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Obedience to temple ordinances, temple oaths, Mormon laws is necessary to "come unto" their Jesus and know him
Nope. If one wants to know Jesus, all they have to do is read the Bible. If they want to come to him, all they have to do is follow him. That would require keeping his commandments. If you think there's something unusual about that then go your way and we'll go ours, but we believe we actually need to follow Him.

There is nothing unusual about any of those complaints they all essentially give us an opportunity to make a covenant with God that we will keep his commandments and take the name of Jesus Christ upon us.

You see, in your religion anyone can do what you all do. You don't need anything from anyone. We can do that too and have already done so.

Nope. If one wants to know Jesus, all they have to do is read the Bible. If they want to come to him, all they have to do is follow him. That would require keeping his commandments. If you think there's something unusual about that then go your way and we'll go ours, but we believe we actually need to follow Him.

There is nothing unusual about any of those complaints they all essentially give us an opportunity to make a covenant with God that we will keep his commandments and take the name of Jesus Christ upon us.

You see, in your religion anyone can do what you all do. You don't need anything from anyone. We can do that too and have already done so.
Your eternal salvation and exaltation, as a Mormon, depend on your temple ordinances. To try to get anyone to believe otherwise is just totally disingenuous.

Your eternal salvation and exaltation, as a Mormon, depend on your temple ordinances
I know. And that's the difference. Anyone can do what you do. I don't need you and you don't need me. We've already done everything you guys say is necessary for salvation. You don't seem to understand that no one needs you to be saved. God did it all. The work is done.

Show me anywhere where the scriptures teach that if your a Mormon, you can't be saved? There is literally nothing we need you all for by your own confession. In your belief system, the work is done by Jesus and the gift is free. What do I need you all for?

Now, I know that you expect me to get all defensive about doing all these "extra" works, but as I said, it all boils down to following Christ. Sure, we make these commitments in the temple beyond baptism (which isn't even a requirement in your religions - so again, what do I need you all for? Nothing), but these are commitments to fidelity in marriage, keeping the commandments as contained in the scriptures and building the kingdom of God in the earth. I don't see anything "extra" in any of that. Sure, we keep the word of wisdom which is essentially a health code of cleanliness both inside and out, but that is not salvational. It helps, but it won't save us or condemn us. There will be billions of people who will live in the celestial kingdom with God who never adhered to it. It is a benefit to us temporally because our flesh is weak and easily corrupted. To take harmful substances or addictive substances into our bodies only reduces the quality of our short mortal lives. Having been on both sides of that word, I can attest to the benefits of keeping it. I'm glad God cares enough about us to establish this word of wisdom as one standard for cleanliness. But it's not a requirement for salvation. If it was, I would think it would be necessary for us to investigate everyone and excommunicate them for not keeping it to the letter, but we don't. It will not keep anyone from exaltation. Not keeping the 10 commandments, OTH, will keep an individual out of the kingdom of God.

I know. And that's the difference. Anyone can do what you do. I don't need you and you don't need me. We've already done everything you guys say is necessary for salvation. You don't seem to understand that no one needs you to be saved. God did it all. The work is done.

Show me anywhere where the scriptures teach that if your a Mormon, you can't be saved? There is literally nothing we need you all for by your own confession. In your belief system, the work is done by Jesus and the gift is free. What do I need you all for?

Now, I know that you expect me to get all defensive about doing all these "extra" works, but as I said, it all boils down to following Christ. Sure, we make these commitments in the temple beyond baptism (which isn't even a requirement in your religions - so again, what do I need you all for? Nothing), but these are commitments to fidelity in marriage, keeping the commandments as contained in the scriptures and building the kingdom of God in the earth. I don't see anything "extra" in any of that. Sure, we keep the word of wisdom which is essentially a health code of cleanliness both inside and out, but that is not salvational. It helps, but it won't save us or condemn us. There will be billions of people who will live in the celestial kingdom with God who never adhered to it. It is a benefit to us temporally because our flesh is weak and easily corrupted. To take harmful substances or addictive substances into our bodies only reduces the quality of our short mortal lives. Having been on both sides of that word, I can attest to the benefits of keeping it. I'm glad God cares enough about us to establish this word of wisdom as one standard for cleanliness. But it's not a requirement for salvation. If it was, I would think it would be necessary for us to investigate everyone and excommunicate them for not keeping it to the letter, but we don't. It will not keep anyone from exaltation. Not keeping the 10 commandments, OTH, will keep an individual out of the kingdom of God.
This is just a bunch of nonsensical hot air.

Yep. We true Christians know our Master's voice--and that He isn't in Mormonism or in their "temples". Their Jesus is NOT the true Jesus Christ of the Bible.

Could you tell us if this is the true Jesus of the Bible--and was He in this temple?

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

You did make the claim there is no more need of the temple?

Revelation 21
22 I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
23 And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.

Revelation 21
22 I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
23 And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.

That's after the New Heaven and new earth.

Revelation 21:1---King James Version
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

That does not preclude the temple found here:

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Or that it patterns the LDS temple very closely.

Obedience to temple ordinances, temple oaths, Mormon laws is necessary to "come unto" their Jesus and know him. But they have a diffferent Jesus while we know God by revelation from God Himself.

John 10 tells us that we know the voice of the True Jesus and won't follow strangers.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Begging the question

Back