" Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did such a work as I."

Janice Bower

"I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has been able to have a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did such a work as I. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him: but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet."
Joseph Smith, History of the Church, Volume 6, p. 408-409

SPECIAL CREDIT to Bonnie

Last edited:
The Book of Mormon doesn't control Mormons.
It appears that the SLC sect follows the King Follett Discourse as their modus operandi more than anything that Joseph's book of myths teaches. Besides, eschatology is significantly sparse in the book of myths compared to the Book of Daniel and the Book of Revelation.

"I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has been able to have a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did such a work as I. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him: but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet."
Joseph Smith, History of the Church, Volume 6, p. 408-409
Looks good to me. It appears to be rather factual.

So, through the centuries, where is the church to be found in Adam's day, did it not fall into apostasy such that God flooded the earth? What happened to the people of Melchizedek? Where did they go. Then Abraham, bright and strong, yet in 3 generations the people of promise were a whisper in Egypt. Then came Moses. From his people, Israel was carried away into the northern countries and Judah to Babylon. Then came John and Jesus, who after he died, the nation of Israel completely disappeared.

Didn't a majority of the church stand by Joseph? Isn't the church still here today? It is. Did Pau, John Peter or Jesus ever do that? No they didn't. That organization ceased after the temple was destroyed a mere 70 years after Christ's death.

When Jesus was taken to trial, how many of his disciples stood by him? One, wasn't it? Only one, the rest ran away.

It looks like it's a factual statement.

Last edited:
Back