A tale of two statements

Then you didn't actually do what Jesus said. You may have done what someone else told you he said, but you missed it.
So, instead of arguing with me about it, what do you actually want?
Do you actually want to know God, or are you content just claiming that you failed to accomplish anything?
No, Jesus didn't do what the Bible says. I know you find that idea unacceptable.
I'm not just claiming that I failed to accomplish anything? I actually failed to receive any feedback from God. He did not make himself known to me.

Really? What did he say to believe?
Just believe in belief?
Believe in the sunshine?
What did he say to believe?
Looking for excuses again Steve?

And yet here you are telling me that you never experienced him.
That tells me that you didn't actually believe him.
You may indeed have had the appearance of godliness but denied the power thereof.
That tells me that you can't accept that I actually believed him because that would show the bible to be wrong.

YHVH says that he will come and make his home with you.
That sounds like something to expect to take place.
As mentioned before... my wife and I have been married for over 32 years now. Living under the same roof as each other brings some serious expectations and experiences. It's an unmistakable thing. There's nothing else like it in the world.
So you keep telling me Steve.
I know you believe that your relationship with God is the same as your relationship with your wife but it's not.

According to the bible, we who follow Jesus are engaged to be married to him. In Ephesians 5, and Revelation 19, we're referred to as the Bride of Christ.
It's something that carries with it an unmistakable sense of connection with, and relationship between us and God/Jesus.
So.... yeah. I'd say that you should indeed be expecting God to show up in pretty powerful, yet primal ways.
Sounds like you missed Jesus.
Sounds like Jesus was a no show.

We're told in 3 distinct locations in the new testament, that God will give us his Holy Spirit as a deposit, a down payment, and a pledge of our inheritance in Christ.
In another place, we're told that if we don't have the Spirit of Christ in us, we are not his.
We're further told in an old testament book that God will give us his Holy Spirit to cause us to keep his ordinances and judgments.
So, that's several places where God has explicitly stated that he will give us his Holy Spirit to work in and through our lives to demonstrate that we are heading to heaven. This doesn't include the numerous other places where God says he will work through our lives to change us, and the world in which we live.
So.... if you didn't experience this, and it was nothing more than some long dead promise of something that would happen in some nondescript future....
You got shanked by some fraud who cheated you out of what God said he would do on your behalf.
That fraud authored the bible.

I used to accept experience as the final authority.
Then I woke up from surgery and found I was still alive. Then the doctors started telling me that I was a miracle and shouldn't be alive, yet here I was, living, breathing and giving them strange looks because of their wondrous words, and declarations.
Then I returned to the doctor for a follow up appointment and he told me that the experience I was extended beyond a mere gunshot wound. My throat no longer bore the scars, and experienced evidence of a bullet ripping through my throat, changing my life forever.
What my initial experience did was to threaten my life and bring me to the brink of my mortality.
My secondary experience showed me something entirely different, far more than I'd ever imagined.
God stepped into my world and showed me a whole new realm. A realm where death is exchanged for life, despair for hope, discouragement for encouragement, joy for sorrow, emptiness for fulfillment...

God stepped in and showed me himself and told me-- I will take the things you think matter, and give you in exchange what really matters.

It's like a father who asks their child to give up their old raggedy toy, and is offering them a much better toy in exchange, but doesn't show them the toy being offered. They're asking their child to believe them. To trust that they are loved by the parent and their future is of the utmost importance to the parent.
Sounds like you still accept experience as the final authority.
I do to.
I am yet to experience God making himself known to me.

And yet I am reading what you're saying.
Consider the following...
If you don't think that what you're writing is being conveyed back to you accurately, then state it differently.
I don't think you are.
I think you anticipate what people are saying and answer that instead from your "Bumper Book of Apologetics".

Indeed it is.
Based entirely on what you post, and what God said about your expressly stated thoughts.
No, based upon what you read in the Bible and what other believers tell you.

You're just triggered is all.

Fantasizing about me and Roy Roger's stuffed horse, Craftsman?

Here it is again... "christ punk!"

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Give me the smelling salts. 5wize is being so rebellious. How-evah will I handle it?

Now tell us some more about how outraged you are, puss.

You're calling me a mouth? Too scared of the MODS to add a "y" to it, sissy boy?

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Give me the smelling salts. 5wize is being so rebellious. How-evah will I handle it?
Here, let me show you, puss:

"One can only speculate as to what in your life possessed you to become such a seething, hateful and angrily vicious person to use such a phrase."

Oh, my!

That's Mister Puss to you:
Mr. Puss N. Boots. You can call me Puss or you can call me Bootsie.

"One can only speculate as to what in your life possessed you to become such a seething, hateful and angrily vicious person to use such a phrase."

Indeed. What wise man said that? Why it was Mr. Puss N. Boots himself, yours truly.

Oh, my!
Fantasizing about me and Roy Roger's stuffed horse, Craftsman?
You should seriously consider Tinder, lonely boy. Man, woman, half-n-half.... it doesn't seem to matter in your case, but you seem to gravitate to using these comments towards other men so I have my suspicions.. You just really need to express this more intimate part of yourself somewhere else.

Now you're an Injun? You didn't need the comma, Kemosabe, and no I don't want to see yours. I deducted from your posts that you have one.

Thank you. Let's see that again:

You should seriously consider Tinder, lonely boy.

Love me tinder, love me true. You misspelled it and lonely boy was Bobby Vinton, not Elvis.

One reason why no one takes you seriously is because you never properly address what they say. You sidestep the point, then pointlessly preach.
You apparently lack the necessary awareness to realize that you have made yourself irrelevant, along with your opinions.

Yeah. They start thinking they want to live forever - for the party to never end. Can you think of anything more childish and immature?
It's only immature and childish to people who have decided they can handle the consequences of their error, without having the slightest clue of the magnitude of what awaits them.
I am more concerned and content with the life and effect I leave behind.
If that were true, you'd come follow Jesus.
The fact that you don't is definitive proof that you only want to live on your terms, consequences be dam88d.

To go through some genuflect designed to cheat that just to gain some fantasy of eternity is cheap living.
Sounds like you don't have the slightest clue of what eternal life is about or what is entailed in receiving the gift.

That's the difference between maturity and grown ups that still harbor children's dreams and fantasies. Mature people are content with the life they have to live. Grown children just pray and cry and plead and whine for more.
So, Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Mark Cuban, Mark Zuckerberg, as well as the people listed here are children, and immature?

Perhaps people like me then are the genuinely mature, because I'm content, and satisfied with the goodness given to me by God, through Jesus Christ.

If I were seeking a justifiable excuse, I would first need to believe that this culpability before God was a real thing.
According to Romans 1, and psalm 19, he's already given us the wherewithal to know he exists, and in rejecting this provision, we close ourselves off from knowing him.
So, if you don't actually want to know the truth, you're guaranteeing your death.

As the Bible doesn't comport with my experience, why should I care what it says?
Ah, so you have decided that you alone are god and know everything.
Ok. That's all you had to say in the first place.

The Bible is man's word about a God they believe in.
Sounds like you have decided that you alone possess all knowledge and awareness of all reality.

God is not the one telling me that he didn't fail me nor I him. You are.
Sounds like you have decided that you are the only one who has all knowledge and awareness.
Must be nice being a god.
So the Bible claims. And again that has not been my experience.
I'm sure glad I'm not you. I couldn't handle knowing everything.

Again you put the burden and the blame for failure upon me.
That's typically how personal responsibility works. Or are you devoid of culpability for your choices?
I have done what the Bible claims I needed to.
Obviously not.
Otherwise we'd be having a completely different conversation.

The Bible says a lot of things. I have yet to hear a good reason why I should believe them.
Well, if you don't actually want to know the truth, then this makes perfect sense.
It's an excellent indicator of why the failure to make acquaintance with God is on you.
We're commanded to study the bible so we may learn the truth and learn to obey Jesus.

God obviously hasn't given me a heart to know him.
You keep telling me that you don't actually want to know, so why would you actually believe him?

People claim to have experienced a lot of strange and amazing things. Without evidence they are just empty claims.
Oh, I think receiving miraculous healings from gunshot wounds and stage four metastatic melanoma cancer is pretty good evidence.
No you continually look to find some failure on my part because you can't accept that the Bible may be wrong.
And if you actually wanted to know the truth you wouldn't continue to argue.
You'd actually be engaged in learning the truth and doing what Jesus said.

Pray as much as you like. It is still ultimately your own understanding of what the Bible says or what people tell you it says.
So, you and you alone know the truth.
Ok.
Well, since you obviously believe that nobody is able to know and verify the truth, I'd say that you have successfully excluded yourself from knowing God and Jesus.
Wow. I'm bettin' that you're looking forward to the grave.
Nothing, and no one.
Let me know in another 100 years.

I don't have YHVH's perspective. I only have Biblical hearsay.
Actually, he states hundreds of times-- YHVH says....
And
Jesus said.....

So, if you don't actually want to know the truth, then by all means, feel free to continue to exclude yourself from knowing the truth.
Everyone should have the right to condemn themselves to an eternity of misery and agony and anguish all because they continue to offer excuses.
And boy are you racking them up.

The excuse given, by Christians, for the problem of evil is that God wanted us to have free will. He didn't want robots.
Actually, he wants us to be free to Love him.
Without the freedom to choose, there is no love.

Now you are telling me that is exactly what he wants.
Terrifying concept, isn't it.

No, we are invited to follow the words in a particular book.
We still need understanding to do that.
Well, the last time I checked, the only way to understand is to read, and do what Jesus said.
Since you continue to argue that you don't have to, you obviously have no interest whatsoever in actually understanding.
Gee.... seems like you want to exclude yourself.

Sounds great. Do you have any evidence that this is more than empty claims?
It's been all around you since you were born.
But, apparently you're too intelligent to recognize it, because you keep saying that God is a liar.
So, I'm thinking that no matter how much evidence there is, you'll continue to argue against it.
The thing I've long found ironic is that people like you demand evidence, refuse to explain what evidence they think is sufficient, and then reject the evidence that God says he knows is far more profound than merely sufficient.
I've never met a people so desperate to fall all over themselves arguing how erudite they are, while they reject the simplest, most profound means of actually knowing God and Jesus.

Well, it is after all your eternity.

Why should I care what Jesus is alleged to have said?
Just more unevidenced biblical claims.
Bingo.
This is exactly why you failed.
Thank you for clarifying your position.

No, you follow your understanding of the words ascribed to some guy's from 1800+ years ago and the understanding of those who follow those words.
Sounds like you're like the dog chasing its tail.
For those of us who are following Jesus, we're not having a problem with this.

Is Jesus going to tell me if I should sell my house or get a new car?
I have no idea.
That's between you and him.
My question is,
If he did, and refusing to do so excluded you from eternal life, are temporal things really so important that you would gladly send yourself to an eternity of misery and agony and just to cling to them?
Jesus did say,
Of what value is it if you gain the whole world and lose your soul?
What are you worth?
Jesus thought you were worth dying for.
Is Jesus going to tell me how to dress and what career I should follow?
I have no idea? That's between you and him.
Are you afraid that he will?
The only way I see that happening is if your career is one based on criminal activity. The only way I see him requiring you to change your attire is if you walk around naked with everything you do.

As I live in snow country, during the cold seasons, I wear warm clothes.
During the summer months I wear shorts, and Hawaiian print shirts, sandals on my off duty hours. During work, I wear jeans or slacks and reasonable shirts, and shoes... as I work in civil engineering, we have a dress code that we must adhere to.

Is that an argument ad populum?
You're the one pulling all kinds of ad populum out of your derriere.
It's been quite hilarious reading your comments.
I have to say, I've never seen anyone so desperate to spend their eternity in the lake of fire. You must really like misery, agony and anguish.
People follow all kind of beliefs. Every religion makes similar claims for what they believe.
You're not being invited to follow all kinds of beliefs or similar claims.
You're being invited to engage YHVH on his terms and they're clearly stated in the bible.
If you want to follow Mohammed, buddha, Krishna, kali, quetzolcatl, thor, oden, zeus, etc..... you'll have to go talk to their respective followers.

I'm talking explicitly about Jesus and YHVH.

What Is see from you is justification for my not experiencing God's making himself known to me, despite what your bible claims.
Well, you're the one who just spent several hundred words telling me you have no interest whatsoever in actually learning to follow Jesus. So I'm not the one having a problem here.

This is a simple invitation to come follow Jesus and receive the gift of eternal life.

If you don't care, it won't matter until it does.

No, Jesus didn't do what the Bible says.
Actually, he did, but I know you need to feel justified, so keep telling yourself that.
I see however that you refused to tell me what you actually want.
So, I'd say that you definitely do not want to know the truth.
Which was all you had to say in the first place.
You could've saved yourself from untold hours of posting.
I know you find that idea unacceptable.
My thoughts on the matter are immaterial. This has always been between you and Jesus. So, if you think continuing to argue that he's a liar, he'll give you exactly what you want.
I'm not just claiming that I failed to accomplish anything? I actually failed to receive any feedback from God. He did not make himself known to me.
I'd say that you failed to receive the form of feedback you wanted.
That's a matter of preconceptions and confirmation bias.

Looking for excuses again Steve?
Nope. Simple questions. I see you're not willing to answer them, and continuing to argue so you may justify yourself. I have to say.... I'm not entirely clear on why you're so afraid, but it's screaming that you are one seriously terrified person.

That tells me that you can't accept that I actually believed him because that would show the bible to be wrong.
I'm not the one having a problem with your claim that you believed him.
You're the one who said he didn't do what the bible says he would do.
This is telling me that you are calling him a liar.
Because you're calling him a liar, I know that it's you who did not in fact believe him.

So you keep telling me Steve.
I know you believe that your relationship with God is the same as your relationship with your wife but it's not.
Actually, it's far more profound than what I have with my wife.
I'm simply making the comparison about living under the same roof with another person for as long as I have.
Jesus is the one who said he and God would come make their home with us.
Sounds like Jesus was a no show.
Not according to him.
You on the other hand sound like you are claiming knowledge you say no one else can have.
That fraud authored the bible.
See..... perfect example of why you never actually met YHVH.
When you call him a fraud, you're demonstrating your standing unbelief.
Sounds like you still accept experience as the final authority.
I do to.
I am yet to experience God making himself known to me.
What do you base your experience on?
Your mind? Your emotions, your ability to figure out what you say others cannot?
Do you have some professional/educational background which taught you to solve problems, and verify certain experiences?

In my apprenticeship as a sheet metal worker, I was taught precepts, principles, and methods of solving problems. When I was confronted with craft-related problems, I applied those things to my work, and found solutions.
In my education in mathematics and physics, I was taught precepts, principles, methods, and formulas to solve problems. When I was confronted with problems related to math and physics, I applied those to my studies, and work, and found solutions.
In my work in the programming field, where I used Excel's VBA, I learned precepts, principles and code to solve problems. When I was presented with new problems I'd never seen before, I sought out solutions, which allowed me to then solve them.
In my drafting experience, using AutoCAD, I learned to use the drafting skills I'd previously acquired through my work in the sheet metal construction industry. I applied them to solve highly complex drafting problems, along with the tools built into AutoCAD.
With each of these different disciplines, I learned how to solve various problems, challenges, etc..., and in doing so, I began to see a pattern emerging, which allowed me to recognize the connections that exist in the bible, where I could take the precepts, principles, biblical passages, and apply those to life's circumstances.

The world in which I live is rich with experiences that I'm able to identify and solve, using all those skills, experiences, and biblical truth.

I don't think you are.
That would explain why you refuse to answer my questions.
Apparently you're not interested in actually helping yourself here.
I think you anticipate what people are saying and answer that instead from your "Bumper Book of Apologetics".
I.e., your own preconceptions/bias.

No, based upon what you read in the Bible and what other believers tell you.
Sounds like your preconceptions and biases are keeping you from experiencing YHVH.

It's only immature and childish to people who have decided they can handle the consequences of their error, without having the slightest clue of the magnitude of what awaits them.
I have plenty of clues, from you, as to what awaits me. It is however total nonsense. There is no consequence or error in play here. If there is a God of love, goodness, and righteousness, that god would accept my life as successful.

If he wouldn't, then the god you describe is none of the above and is just an ancient Hebrew invented god of war that demands obedience or your nation will fall under the sword sending prophets to scramble to and fro guessing what went wrong in their ignorance.

Pretty nuts stuff really.
If that were true, you'd come follow Jesus.
Non-sequiter. Your Jesus saves you from an afterlife in the lake of fire. He has little to say about this life, except to squander it in preparation of his prophesy of the next.... which never came... a failed prophesy by Jesus himself.

Yet here you are, still going round and round playing musical chairs, waiting for the music to stop so you can hopefully cop a seat.
The fact that you don't is definitive proof that you only want to live on your terms, consequences be dam88d.
No mature adult that has built up a life of responsibilities and relationships lives on their own terms. That was just a stupid comment that expresses how much understanding of this life, and growth and maturity you have missed out on because you decided to instead focus and play musical chairs with the music of some biblical apocalypse as your background.
Sounds like you don't have the slightest clue of what eternal life is about or what is entailed in receiving the gift.
I know you don't. I know where you get your ideas from, and I know how untrustworthy and flawed that source of information is.
Perhaps people like me then are the genuinely mature, because I'm content, and satisfied with the goodness given to me by God, through Jesus Christ.
Perhaps not. Maturity generates and gives. You just described laziness and entitlement.

I have plenty of clues, from you, as to what awaits me. It is however total nonsense.
Yeah, people don't believe in gravity claim that it's nonsense too.
That sudden deceleration at the bottom explains it pretty concisely. I'll let you argue with that.
There is no consequence or error in play here.
That's what fools normally claim. So, again, you can argue with it if you wind up choosing to go there. I'm pretty confident that it'll laugh, and then say--- you were warned.
If there is a God of love, goodness, and righteousness, that god would accept my life as successful.
Successful isn't the issue.
It's your righteousness with God that counts.
Jesus said that unless we have a righteousness that exceeds mere outward morality, we shall by no means enter the Kingdom of God.
He further stated that unless we are born spiritually, we cannot enter the Kingdom of God.
He stated further still that unless we become as a little child we shall by no means enter the Kingdom of God.

He then asked the question
What would it profit you if you gained the whole world and lose your soul?

So, what you think is success is nothing in God's perspective.
As Jesus said,
Luk 16:14-15 WEB 14 The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, also heard all these things, and they scoffed at him. 15 He said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts. For that which is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

I wouldn't recommend trying that one. Jesus already dealt with it and it doesn't go well.
If he wouldn't, then the god you describe is none of the above and is just an ancient Hebrew invented god of war that demands obedience or your nation will fall under the sword sending prophets to scramble to and fro guessing what went wrong in their ignorance.
He honors your choice. So if you don't actually want eternal life, then you will receive exactly what you want.
Eternal death.

Pretty nuts stuff really.
I agree. When someone who doesn't know, thinks they know, and then makes a mockery of themselves, by refusing to choose life, they are indeed nuts.
Non-sequiter.
Actually, it's entirely important. Dismissing it just endangers your life.
But, if that's what you really want, as Wesley used to say to buttercup,
As you wish.
Your Jesus saves you from an afterlife in the lake of fire.
That is what he came for.

Joh 3:16-21 WEB 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only born Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only born Son of God. 19 This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does evil hates the light and doesn’t come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God.”

He has little to say about this life, except to squander it in preparation of his prophesy of the next.... which never came... a failed prophesy by Jesus himself.
Actually, he talks plenty about this life. Saying that just demonstrates you haven't actually read the gospels, nor the new testament.

Yet here you are, still going round and round playing musical chairs, waiting for the music to stop so you can hopefully cop a seat.
My "seat" was reserved June 27th, 1977.
He's offering to "reserve a seat" for you too.
He did after all say,
God saves to the uttermost ALL who come to him through Jesus Christ who ever lives to pray for us.
No mature adult that has built up a life of responsibilities and relationships lives on their own terms.
You obviously are.
They're terms you chose for yourself and your family.

That was just a stupid comment that expresses how much understanding of this life, and growth and maturity you have missed out on because you decided to instead focus and play musical chairs with the music of some biblical apocalypse as your background.
You think that you should be able to earn your seat.
YHVH says it's a gift.
Nobody has ever been able to earn a home in God's Kingdom.
You can either receive the gift, or exclude yourself from knowing God.

I know you don't. I know where you get your ideas from, and I know how untrustworthy and flawed that source of information is.
Then you have nothing to worry about. Which begs the question of why you're not out enjoying your life on the terms you set for yourself and your family.
Seems like you're not as knowledgeable about this as you want others to think you are.
Otherwise you wouldn't be wasting valuable time here.

Perhaps not. Maturity generates and gives. You just described laziness and entitlement.
So far, you've yet to be able to actually demonstrate that here.

Yeah, people don't believe in gravity claim that it's nonsense too.
But I believe in gravity, so that was a stupid irrelevant comment.
That sudden deceleration at the bottom explains it pretty concisely. I'll let you argue with that.
I don't argue with that either. What you are trying to do, which further entrenches the failure of your entire belief, is equate something you say I need to believe in first in order to experience (Jesus) with something we experience constantly (gravity) in a feedback loop that does not require belief. It just shows how ignorant the whole process is that you engage in. You can even make analogies that work for it.
That's what fools normally claim. So, again, you can argue with it if you wind up choosing to go there. I'm pretty confident that it'll laugh, and then say--- you were warned.
I'm laughing now watching you squander this life playing musical chairs with an apocalypse that even Jesus was wrong about.
Successful isn't the issue.
Yes it is, because this life is all you know. To your own admission, the heaven you await requires faith and trust in an ancient superstition as well as forcing yourself into a mindset concerning it which is self deceit, not certain knowledge based on any experience outside your own self manipulated mind.
It's your righteousness with God that counts.
Jesus said that unless we have a righteousness that exceeds mere outward morality, we shall by no means enter the Kingdom of God.
He further stated that unless we are born spiritually, we cannot enter the Kingdom of God.
He stated further still that unless we become as a little child we shall by no means enter the Kingdom of God.

He then asked the question
What would it profit you if you gained the whole world and lose your soul?

So, what you think is success is nothing in God's perspective.
As Jesus said,
Luk 16:14-15 WEB 14 The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, also heard all these things, and they scoffed at him. 15 He said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of men, but God knows your hearts. For that which is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

I wouldn't recommend trying that one. Jesus already dealt with it and it doesn't go well.
"For that which is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God." That is just a lie. Jesus taught us to love each other and "unto the least of these...". Those are direct human instructions for actions that are exalted among men.... so your bible is now in a meltdown of confusion.

I would recommend you get a better playbook for what matters in this life.
He honors your choice. So if you don't actually want eternal life, then you will receive exactly what you want.
Eternal death.
Seeing as Jesus himself was wrong about the end-times as well as his purpose, I'll take a pass on any more threats from your mouth about what you think is true or not regarding it until you can show some external evidence, not some manipulated personal mind-state, that what you are saying is relevant in this reality.
I agree. When someone who doesn't know, thinks they know, and then makes a mockery of themselves, by refusing to choose life, they are indeed nuts.
When someone deceives themself into thinking an ancient superstition is true and then spends the rest of their life playing musical chairs with some whacky ideal of an apocalypse... that is indeed nuts... even cultish.
Actually, it's entirely important. Dismissing it just endangers your life.
Actually, it's not, as evidenced by you having to manipulate your mind to believe it because there is no evidence of it in your life.
That is what he came for.
That's what he thought he came for. That prophesy failed... miserably. You can't show me any evidence that your belief isn't worthless except to say.... ask Jesus with the open believing mind of a child and you will believe. Totally self fulfilling and nutty way to go about your life.
Actually, he talks plenty about this life. Saying that just demonstrates you haven't actually read the gospels, nor the new testament.
He talks about in context with inheriting a kingdom to come.
My "seat" was reserved June 27th, 1977.
He's offering to "reserve a seat" for you too.
He did after all say,
God saves to the uttermost ALL who come to him through Jesus Christ who ever lives to pray for us.
No he doesn't. That is a self induced delusion.
You obviously are.
They're terms you chose for yourself and your family.
Not in the least. This is how I know that you have squandered your life not understanding or engaging in what it is to be connected to what is real.
You think that you should be able to earn your seat.
YHVH says it's a gift.
Jesus said it was righteousness. He argues with his dad a lot.... and Paul. Paul admitted to creating his own gospel.
Nobody has ever been able to earn a home in God's Kingdom.
You can either receive the gift, or exclude yourself from knowing God.
You are making all that up to be true in your mind simply because you read it somewhere and decided you wanted to believe it.
Then you have nothing to worry about. Which begs the question of why you're not out enjoying your life on the terms you set for yourself and your family.

Seems like you're not as knowledgeable about this as you want others to think you are.
Otherwise you wouldn't be wasting valuable time here.
What little time I spend here in comparison to the rest of my enjoyments and interests is enjoyable as well.
So far, you've yet to be able to actually demonstrate that here.
Better than you've ever demonstrated a need for us to listen to Jesus.

But I believe in gravity, so that was a stupid irrelevant comment.
No. It just demonstrates that you don't actually know what you're talking about.
I don't need to "believe in" gravity to know it's real. I experience it daily, in walking, when I drop things, while driving, and any number of different activities. It's because of those things that I depend on gravity to do what it does.
In a similar manner, I've experienced YHVH and Jesus for decades, and as such, I believe in Jesus because I have learned through the past 45+ years that He will do what he says he will, to everyone who comes to him and keeps his teachings.
I don't argue with that either. What you are trying to do, which further entrenches the failure of your entire belief, is equate something you say I need to believe in first in order to experience (Jesus) with something we experience constantly (gravity) in a feedback loop that does not require belief. It just shows how ignorant the whole process is that you engage in. You can even make analogies that work for it.
Fine, I'll stick with what has worked for the past 1980 years.
Unless you repent and believe the gospel, you will perish.
No Dante's inferno, no Faust.
A plain and simple matter of fact.

I'm laughing now watching you squander this life playing musical chairs with an apocalypse that even Jesus was wrong about.
I'm not the one playing musical chairs.
The problem here is that you have decided to believe things that were never taught.
But. By all means. I think you should simply wait. It's an easy enough matter.
When you die, you'll learn the truth.
If Jesus was lying, and you're right, nothing will happen.

Have a great life.

Yes it is, because this life is all you know. To your own admission, the heaven you await requires faith and trust in an ancient superstition as well as forcing yourself into a mindset concerning it which is self deceit, not certain knowledge based on any experience outside your own self manipulated mind.

"For that which is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God." That is just a lie. Jesus taught us to love each other and "unto the least of these...". Those are direct human instructions for actions that are exalted among men.... so your bible is now in a meltdown of confusion.

I would recommend you get a better playbook for what matters in this life.

Seeing as Jesus himself was wrong about the end-times as well as his purpose, I'll take a pass on any more threats from your mouth about what you think is true or not regarding it until you can show some external evidence, not some manipulated personal mind-state, that what you are saying is relevant in this reality.

When someone deceives themself into thinking an ancient superstition is true and then spends the rest of their life playing musical chairs with some whacky ideal of an apocalypse... that is indeed nuts... even cultish.

Actually, it's not, as evidenced by you having to manipulate your mind to believe it because there is no evidence of it in your life.

That's what he thought he came for. That prophesy failed... miserably. You can't show me any evidence that your belief isn't worthless except to say.... ask Jesus with the open believing mind of a child and you will believe. Totally self fulfilling and nutty way to go about your life.

He talks about in context with inheriting a kingdom to come.

No he doesn't. That is a self induced delusion.

Not in the least. This is how I know that you have squandered your life not understanding or engaging in what it is to be connected to what is real.

Jesus said it was righteousness. He argues with his dad a lot.... and Paul. Paul admitted to creating his own gospel.

You are making all that up to be true in your mind simply because you read it somewhere and decided you wanted to believe it.

What little time I spend here in comparison to the rest of my enjoyments and interests is enjoyable as well.

Better than you've ever demonstrated a need for us to listen to Jesus.
3x Blah.
Go live your life nickel. Go play with your wife and children.
Raise your kids, enjoy your life.
Hope to meet you in paradise.
I'll be dead in another 25+/- years, so.... au revoir.

Back