The atheist delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't know. Jesus got pretty frustrated with the Pharisees and called them hypocrites and a "brood of vipers," didn't He? As far as venting frustrations elsewhere, I'd hope that maybe venting on a discussion board like this by calling Steve a "christ punk" might save 5wize's dog from being kicked in anger.
You know you can do zoom meetings with a therapist to regain your emotional equilibrium after being exposed to such impressionable nastiness.

Or you could keep calling people wimps and sissies for holding justified opinions, on an opinion forum no less, of those that openly practice and proclaim damnation theology and love to paint everybody with it? If he labels me and those I love eternally damned, I call him a christ punk. Sounds like a pretty even quid-pro-quo to me. So stop being such a puss about it.

Last edited:
Done. I have given you the post numbers,

I know. And I pointed out to you that you screwed up and typed in post #s in which there are no contradictions. So either post the correct numbers, or copy/paste my two comments, so you can see for yourself no contradictions.

Oh! So the conditions are created for success without sacrificing free will.

Very good! You figured that out for yourself.

So God has that capability and he just screwed the design of this world up

Heh, so you think the screwing up serpent in Eden was God? Not very bright.

There is no punishment prescribed for the Ten Commandments either.

Very good!

So YOU explain why those are sins using whatever lack of logic you are referencing here.

Heh, no YOU explain why you don''t think murder is wrong.

Give it up, Stiggy. You're looking pretty strained here.

And you're looking pretty dumb.

You know you can do zoom meetings with a therapist to regain your emotional equilibrium after being exposed to such impressionable nastiness.

Or you could keep calling people wimps and sissies for holding justified opinions

Says the wimpy sissy who called Steve a "christ punk" for holding a justified opinion.

I know. And I pointed out to you that you screwed up and typed in post #s in which there are no contradictions. So either post the correct numbers, or copy/paste my two comments, so you can see for yourself no contradictions.
Which of the following statements, if any, do you resile from?
God only judges deeds, not thoughts.
Lust and avarice are sins.
God judges sins.
Lust and avarice are not deeds but thoughts.

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

If acted upon they are.
You will notice that I said nothing about lust or avarice being acted upon. That's your little escape clause. When not acted upon is the point at issue. Are avarice and lust sins when not acted upon? Will they be judged, if not acted upon? Instead of squirming, have the guts to actually explain your faith, as others have already. Is listing after another man's wife a sin that will be judged by God? Yes, no or it depends how you feel?

You will notice that I said nothing about lust or avarice being acted upon.

I know. That was me. I did, to set you straight.

That's your little escape clause. When not acted upon is the point at issue.

Correct. See Jesus in the wildreness NOT acting on temptations.

Are avarice and lust sins when not acted upon?

Correct. They are not,

Will they be judged, if not acted upon?

No. Jesus was not judged in the wilderness.

Is listing after another man's wife a sin that will be judged by God?

If acted upon, yes.

You will notice that I said nothing about lust or avarice being acted upon. That's your little escape clause. When not acted upon is the point at issue. Are avarice and lust sins when not acted upon? Will they be judged, if not acted upon? Instead of squirming, have the guts to actually explain your faith, as others have already. Is listing after another man's wife a sin that will be judged by God? Yes, no or it depends how you feel?

Sin means to miss the mark. Lust and avarice comes from our inherited sin. Are we judged accordingly? We die. Answer that part of your question? To act upon sin means we accept and continue sinning. So, there's inherited sin and active sin. Gross sin is active sin exaggerated. Much sin. Are those judged? Depending upon whether or not we repent. That is our escape clause. Forgiveness.

Sin means to miss the mark. Lust and avarice comes from our inherited sin. Are we judged accordingly? We die. Answer that part of your question? To act upon sin means we accept and continue sinning. So, there's inherited sin and active sin. Gross sin is active sin exaggerated. Much sin. Are those judged? Depending upon whether or not we repent. That is our escape clause. Forgiveness.
Great. Always good to see Christians agreeing on the basis of their faith. Sadly, it never seems to happen. So what you are saying is that God judges neither deeds not thoughts. We are condemned because we are born human. (Or conceived? Or is that another story?) Avoiding sin is neither needed nor possible, since we sin by being alive. And all we need to do to avoid judgement and condemnation is apologise for existing. What a religion!

Great. Always good to see Christians agreeing on the basis of their faith. Sadly, it never seems to happen. So what you are saying is that God judges neither deeds not thoughts.

He judges our totality, i.e. who we are.

We are condemned because we are born human.

Prove it.

(Or conceived? Or is that another story?) Avoiding sin is neither needed nor possible, since we sin by being alive. And all we need to do to avoid judgement and condemnation is apologise for existing. What a religion!

Yeah, sounds like a pretty stupid one. Perhaps you shouldn't be making up religions.

He judges our totality, i.e. who we are.
Great. So now he doesn't just judge deeds, or occasionally sins that are not deeds, but now he judges everything about us. You have gone from , he doesn't judge thought, to he judges everything about us. But of course, there's no contradiction. Perhaps because you have a mind like a corkscrew.
Prove it.
Prove it? That's what your guy said. Inherited original sin. Even I have heard of it. I think it's nonsense. I think you should prove it as it is the masochistic foundation of what I'm led to think you believe.
Yeah, sounds like a pretty stupid one. Perhaps you shouldn't be making up religions.
Perhaps you should he making that point to your fellow theist, to whom I was actually speaking.

Great. So now he doesn't just judge deeds, or occasionally sins that are not deeds, but now he judges everything about us.

Correct. That encompasses deeds, disposition, character, virtue, vices, EVERYTHING.

But of course, there's no contradiction.

Correct.

Perhaps because you have a mind like a corkscrew.

Thanks for the compliment. Wish I did. Then I'd have better access to the "new wine" Jesus talks about. Matt 9:17

Prove it? That's what your guy said. Inherited original sin.

My guy? I don't have a guy and when did this guy that I don't have say something about original sin?

Mr consistency, lol!

Yep, consistent as hell. Let's summarize:

He is omnipresent, so we cannot hide from Him. He is omniscient, so whatever we do and whatever we think, He is Johnny on the spot in knowing. He knows our character, whether arrogant, brave, cowardly or apathetic. He knows our needs, both spiritual and physical. He knows our emotional condition, whether sorrowful or joyful, hungry or satiated. He knows our aches and pains. He knows our past and future. And He is the loving Judge over all these, condemning only those things which are detrimental to us.

Yep, consistent as hell. Let's summarize:

He is omnipresent, so we cannot hide from Him. He is omniscient, so whatever we do and whatever we think, He is Johnny on the spot in knowing. He knows our character, whether arrogant, brave, cowardly or apathetic. He knows our needs, both spiritual and physical. He knows our emotional condition, whether sorrowful or joyful, hungry or satiated. He knows our aches and pain. He knows our past and future. And He is the loving Judge over all these.
And yet he isn't thought police and only judges deeds. Lol! You really know how to sell it don't you? Lol!

And yet he isn't thought police

Correct. Has He ever arrested you for thinking?

and only judges deeds.

See my previous post to you as to what He judges. What part of EVERYthing do you not understand?

I doubt you are.

You really know how to sell it don't you?

It's not for sale. We have been bought.

Again? Lay off the nitrous oxide.

Correct. Has He ever arrested you for thinking?

See my previous post to you as to what He judges. What part of EVERYthing do you not understand?

I doubt you are.

It's not for sale. We have been bought.

Again? Lay off the nitrous oxide.
You should rename yourself Squirmy Wormy.

You should rename yourself Squirmy Wormy.

VERY GOOD: Psalms 22:6: But that's my Incarnate Lord speaking, and I'm not so sure I want to steal His humility. But if I do, my full name will be Squirmsworth P. Wormsworth.

Speaking of CARM names, remember that last one YOU had; you know, the one you embarrassingly misspelled?

VERY GOOD: Psalms 22:6: But that's my Incarnate Lord speaking, and I'm not so sure I want to steal His humility. But if I do, my full name will be Squirmsworth P. Wormsworth.

Speaking of CARM names, remember that last one YOU had; you know, the one you embarrassingly misspelled?
Deliberately misspelled, or more accurately, deliberately didn't correct.

All of which nicely deflects the fact that you have made yourself look foolish by contradicting yourself, and more foolish by denying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back