What kind of bread is epiousios?

Dude! SERIOUSLY??!!

You need to know that when I see that you have responded to one of my posts, I will read your post--becasue I respect you. Of all the Protestants here, you at least attempt meaningful and substantive dialog which I appreciate. I think you are reformed--and I have found the reformed to be worthy opponents.

But when you start bringing up nonsense like the sex abuse scandal, you make me rethink this. The better Protestant apologists I have read don't bring that up--because they know it is a non-starter and just a plain ridiculous way to argue. What I am getting at is your bringing up the sex abuse scandal----is beneath you. I thought you were better than that. You disappoint me in the above.
You think priests abusing children in your church is "nonsense?

But when you start bringing up nonsense like the sex abuse scandal, you make me rethink this.

Would I be guessing right that you haven't checked the "rcc other" sub-forum? And speaking of sex scandal's, we non-rc's don't disagree that these scandals have occurred in other denominations as well. We do NOT applaud such behavior. The late Christian apologist, Ravi Zacharias is an example. His published books have been removed from print, by the publishers. And the institution he belonged to did their own investigation into the allegations of sex abuse, and other allegations against him. They found that ALL of the allegations to be true, and made a public apologies.

They did the right thing in removing all of his published books, etc... as well as revoking his ordination when they learned that the allegations against him were true. They did what Scripture tells us to do when these things occur concerning those in leadership positions.

The abuse by rc leaders is NOT nonsense. The abuses prove that no human is infallible or can obtain divinity as claimed by the rcc. The thing that is the most bothersome, is the attempts by the rcc to prevent such activities from becoming public knowledge and the lack of empathy towards the victims of such.

The rcc is NOT being singled out. Many Christian t.v evangelists have also been called out and received a lot of public back lashes for abuses that have or are currently ongoing.

It doesn't matter what you claim. Luther founded your church, not Jesus. All the graces and promises that Jesus made are attached to the Church He established, not an imitation.
Luther founded my denomination, but Jesus founded the true church, which is made up of all believers in Jesus Christ everywhere, upon which my denomination is built.

Your church lies when it claims it is the church Jesus founded. He no more founded the RCC than He did the "church" of Scientology. The 1st century church never taught the many unbiblical doctrines and practices that your church promulgates: 4 Marian Dogmas, celibate clergy, Mariolatry, praying to saints dead in the Lord, Purgatory, Indulgences--the sad, sorry list goes on. In order to claim that Jesus founded your church, it would need to show the Apostles or Jesus teaching these things...but it cannot, can it?

Catholics need to stop boasting about how Jesus founded their church. He did not. Paul wrote that, if we boast of anything, let it be boasting in the Lord. Boasting that Jesus founded the RCC is NOT what Paul meant.

Last edited:
Catholics need to stop boasting about how Jesus founded their church. He did not. Paul wrote that, if we boast of anything, let it be boasting in the Lord. Boasting that Jesus founded the RCC is NOT what Paul meant.

Luke 18:14 comes to mind.

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Luther founded my denomination, but Jesus founded the true church, which is made up of all believers in Jesus Christ everywhere, upon which my denomination is built.

Your church lies when it claims it is the church Jesus founded. He no more founded the RCC than He did the "church" of Scientology. The 1st century church never taught the many unbiblical doctrines and practices that your church promulgates: 4 Marian Dogmas, celibate clergy, Mariolatry, praying to saints dead in the Lord, Purgatory, Indulgences--the sad, sorry list goes on. In order to claim that Jesus founded your church, it would need to show the Apostles or Jesus teaching these things...but it cannot, can it?

Jesus founded the true Church WHICH LUTHER LEFT.

The Church that Jesus started had a supernatural origin in Christ, a supernatural infilling of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, a supernatural commission to make disciples of ALL nations, given a supernatural food in the Eucharist to sustain the life of the soul, supernatural authority to bind and loose and a supernatural promise that the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

These (and more) are only in the Catholic Church that Jesus established. There is no supernatural quality in Protestant churches. They are all of human origin.

Jesus founded the true church.

Identifying your apostate church as the true church isn't going to make it so

The Church that Jesus started had a supernatural origin in Christ, a supernatural infilling of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, a supernatural commission to make disciples of ALL nations, given a supernatural food in the Eucharist to sustain the life of the soul, supernatural authority to bind and loose and a supernatural promise that the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

These (and more) are only in the Catholic Church that Jesus established. There is no supernatural quality in Protestant churches. They are all of human origin.

You can self identify as a turnip. It won't make you a turnip.

Same with your church.

Jesus never established your institution. He never established an institution that would harm the sheep, teach false doctrines, hide sin etc. The teachings, fruit/actions of you institution prove Jesus did not find it. Yep you institution is founded in the supernatural realm of the underworld. The hates of hell have swallowed your institution and had not need to worry about it.

They would not want your supernatural quality, it is foul smelling.

No, everything we teach comes from God.

All glory belongs to God alone. He will not allow mankind to make the assertion that glory comes from man or anything else in heavens or on the earth or in the seas. So NO, not everything rc's are taught in the rcc comes from God, because so much that is taught in the rcc, can NOT be found in Scripture. And Scripture is God speaking to man.

No one who is taught of God, uses or even speaks of Him or His name, in disrespectful ways as rc's on here have posted at times when it suited them. And it doesn't even bother their consciences to do that. Rc's claim to be all about God, but then do this sort of thing. There is a utube clip of an interview with a roman catholic woman, who threw Jesus under the bus on purpose to be spiteful. Oh my word, it didn't even bother her of what was coming out of her mouth.

The same deplorable behavior is exhibited on here. You poked holes in your own testimony all by yourself. There is nothing more damaging than religious pride. There is so much that is taught by the rcc, that can NOT be backed up by Scripture. God never guides us to do anything that is contrary to His Word.

We can NEVER claim that we got into heaven by our own strength, power, or wisdom. No amount of being "good enough" and being "infused" will gain us humans into heaven. For the deciding factor will be "you must be born again" and have a personal relationship with the savior. The only merit that will gain us entrance into is Jesus, Himself. There is no other way into heaven.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

All glory belongs to God alone. He will not allow mankind to make the assertion that glory comes from man or anything else in heavens or on the earth or in the seas. So NO, not everything rc's are taught in the rcc comes from God, because so much that is taught in the rcc, can NOT be found in Scripture. And Scripture is God speaking to man.

No one who is taught of God, uses or even speaks of Him or His name, in disrespectful ways as rc's on here have posted at times when it suited them. And it doesn't even bother their consciences to do that. Rc's claim to be all about God, but then do this sort of thing. There is a utube clip of an interview with a roman catholic woman, who threw Jesus under the bus on purpose to be spiteful. Oh my word, it didn't even bother her of what was coming out of her mouth.

The same deplorable behavior is exhibited on here. You poked holes in your own testimony all by yourself. There is nothing more damaging than religious pride. There is so much that is taught by the rcc, that can NOT be backed up by Scripture. God never guides us to do anything that is contrary to His Word.

We can NEVER claim that we got into heaven by our own strength, power, or wisdom. No amount of being "good enough" and being "infused" will gain us humans into heaven. For the deciding factor will be "you must be born again" and have a personal relationship with the savior. The only merit that will gain us entrance into is Jesus, Himself. There is no other way into heaven.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Not everything that God teaches us comes from scripture.

Not everything that God teaches us comes from scripture.

The truth is, that God will NEVER teach us anything contrary to what He has said in Scripture. Scripture is God speaking to us humans and He does NOT contradict Himself. Any person or spirit that comes to us and speaks contrary to Scripture in any way; that person or spirit is NOT from God. The Holy Spirit always points us in the direction of Jesus. Never elsewhere. The same with Scripture, it always points us in the direction of Jesus, never elsewhere.

No one is saying don't read other literature, but that God, Himself is our Creator and it is He who set the bar and standards of all spiritual and behavioral matters.

The heavens and the earth and all that they contain were created by God and for HIS glory. God is NOT a created being, and there is nothing in heaven or on earth that equals Him. God is the supreme authority, and Scripture comes from God Himself. And so, Scripture is the standard and measuring stick by which everything else is measured by. We look at Scripture to see what God says about what we have seen, heard, or read.

It doesn't matter what man says is right or wrong, it is what God says is right or wrong. At the end of our lives on earth, Jesus will be our judge and jury. It won't matter what the rcc teaches you, or what other sources tell you, for God, Himself will have the final say about where you will spend eternity.

Matthew 23:13
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

Back