"when he bloweth a trumpet"

dberrie2020

CrowCross said:

So, for the sake of the argument..lets say there is a correlation.

There isn't just a correlation--there is a very close correlation between the description in Revelation 7:14-15 concerning the temple--and the LDS temple.---something the rest of the Christian denominations probably can't claim.

CrowCross said:
Perhaps Joey read Revelation and said....lets build a temple and wear white robes...wouldn't that be kool?

Speaking of temples...did Moroni ever get back his trumpet that he dropped?

What is "kool" is the prophecy about a trumpet:

Isaiah 18:3---King James Version
3 All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye.

Some interesting info:

The Jerusalem Temple--http://www.bible-history.com/court-of-women/

" If you were to approach the Temple in Jerusalem in the first century A.D. you would pass through the eastern gate where Jesus made His triumphal entry. Then you would come to the Court of the Gentiles which was a large court paved with stones of various colors. It was open to all comers including the cattle-dealers and the money-changers who desecrated the Temple. This court was also called the Outer Court, the Lower Court, and the rabbi’s usually called it "the Mountain of the Lord’s House." All around the Temple proper was a 9 foot high terrace with stairs which was higher than the Court of the Gentiles. It was surrounded by a 5 foot high wall which was designed to keep out the gentiles. There was also pillars in the wall at various distances (the Soreg) with inscriptions in Latin, Greek, and Hebrew, warning all gentiles to come no further under penalty of death."

Isaiah 2:2---International Standard Version
2 “It will come about in the last days
that the mountain that is the Lord’s Temple will be established
as the highest of mountains,[a]
and will be raised above the hills;
all the nations will stream to[b] it.

There isn't just a correlation--there is a very close correlation between the description in Revelation 7:14-15 concerning the temple--and the LDS temple.---something the rest of the Christian denominations probably can't claim.
The only “correlation” is people wearing white robes. You continue to ignore the rest of the chapter describing that vision.

What is "kool" is the prophecy about a trumpet:

3 All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye.
Are you saying those gold Moroni statues are going to play?

Some interesting info:

The Jerusalem Temple--http://www.bible-history.com/court-of-women/

" If you were to approach the Temple in Jerusalem in the first century A.D. you would pass through the eastern gate where Jesus made His triumphal entry. Then you would come to the Court of the Gentiles which was a large court paved with stones of various colors. It was open to all comers including the cattle-dealers and the money-changers who desecrated the Temple. This court was also called the Outer Court, the Lower Court, and the rabbi’s usually called it "the Mountain of the Lord’s House." All around the Temple proper was a 9 foot high terrace with stairs which was higher than the Court of the Gentiles. It was surrounded by a 5 foot high wall which was designed to keep out the gentiles. There was also pillars in the wall at various distances (the Soreg) with inscriptions in Latin, Greek, and Hebrew, warning all gentiles to come no further under penalty of death."
Why don’t Mormon temples resemble the Jerusalem temple?

Isaiah 2:2---International Standard Version
2 “It will come about in the last days
that the mountain that is the Lord’s Temple will be established
as the highest of mountains,[a]
and will be raised above the hills;
all the nations will stream to[b] it.
There are no Mormon temples built on high mountains.

The only “correlation” is people wearing white robes.

I disagree. There is the temple itself--the servants, wearing white robes--and the fact they are serving God in that temple. Those factors distinguishes the LDS church from any other Christian denomination--and correlates with Revelation 7:14-15.

Are you saying those gold Moroni statues are going to play?

The statues are in the act of blowing a trumpet:

Again--a close match between what one sees on the "mountain that is the lord's temple"--and the Biblical witness.

There are different meanings to that:

Isaiah 2:2---Living Bible
2 In the last days Jerusalem and the Temple of the Lord will become the world’s greatest attraction,[a] and people from many lands will flow there to worship the Lord.

Isaiah 2:2---New English Translation
2 In future days[a]
the mountain of the Lord’s temple will endure[b]
as the most important of mountains,
and will be the most prominent of hills.[c]
All the nations will stream to i

IOW--the "high mountains"--will be the temples themselves.

Isaiah 2:2---New Living Translation
2 In the last days, the mountain of the Lord’s house
will be the highest of all—
the most important place on earth.
It will be raised above the other hills,
and people from all over the world will stream there to worship.

Magdalena said:

2 In the last days Jerusalem and the Temple of the Lord will become the world’s greatest attraction,[a] and people from many lands will flow there to worship the Lord.

2 In future days[a]

Anyone care to engage this?

2 In future days[a]

It’s talking about the temple in Jerusalem, one temple, ”in future days.”

2 In future days[a]

It's typical of our critics to decide something is literal when it's obviously symbolic. It's not like anyone has ever thought that the temple would be built on Mount Everest. AFAIK, no one has ever suggested that is what was meant by high mountains. It is my understanding that the temple is the mountain of the Lord, not the land upon which it is built. Nevertheless, the temple must be built or there won't be a temple regardless of how high that mountain might be.

It's typical of our critics to decide something is literal when it's obviously symbolic. It's not like anyone has ever thought that the temple would be built on Mount Everest. AFAIK, no one has ever suggested that is what was meant by high mountains. It is my understanding that the temple is the mountain of the Lord, not the land upon which it is built. Nevertheless, the temple must be built or there won't be a temple regardless of how high that mountain might be.
But you think the white robes being washed in Christ’s blood are not symbolic.

But you think the white robes being washed in Christ’s blood are not symbolic.

I have an observation here.

Of course the white robes are symbolic. That does not mean they aren't real, physical white robes, or the saints wearing them are imaginary. Some here seem to believe whenever something is symbolic--it annuls the fact it's real. I wear a ring on my finger which is symbolic of the covenants I made with my wife in marriage. It's a real, physical object. It stands for something important to me. The temple itself is symbolic. Most everything the LDS do in the temples is symbolic. We partake of the sacrament on Sunday--which is symbolic. Much of physical life is symbolic of something, IMO.

Relegating something to symbolic won't make it go away, during the time it's symbolic. That's a false belief, and an ineffective approach.

What else do you have?

Back