The "Trans" Gospel from Cambridge.....

christ_undivided

Dr. Michael Banner, the dean of Trinity College, said Joshua Heath raised "legitimate" speculation in his Evensong sermon, during which the researcher claimed from the pulpit of Trinity College chapel that non-erotic portrayals of Jesus' penis in historical paintings "urge a welcoming rather than hostile response towards the raised voices of trans people," according to The Daily Telegraph.

"In Christ's simultaneously masculine and feminine body in these works, if the body of Christ as these works suggest the body of all bodies, then his body is also the trans body," Heath said.

Heath, whose PhD in theology was supervised by the former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, also claimed that in one of the Medieval paintings he displayed to the congregation, the spear wound in Jesus' side "takes on a decidedly vaginal appearance." In another, he pointed out how the blood from his side flows to his groin.

Interesting how someone can take a living example of life and turn into a ungodly representation of "sterilization". Transgender pretenders can't reproduce according to their preferences. They MUST take action opposed what they claim to be their nature to reproduce.

BTW....The "wound" in the side of Jesus was an allusion to the Bride of Christ that would come forth with the death of Jesus Christ. Just like Eve came forth from the side of Adam.

"Hooray" UK...... :rolleyes:

Reactions: BMS

Interesting how someone can take a living example of life and turn into a ungodly representation of "sterilization". Transgender pretenders can't reproduce according to their preferences. They MUST take action opposed what they claim to be their nature to reproduce.

BTW....The "wound" in the side of Jesus was an allusion to the Bride of Christ that would come forth with the death of Jesus Christ. Just like Eve came forth from the side of Adam.

Depends on the paintings Medieval and Renaissance art is filled with all kinds of iconography and symbolism. If this is Cambridge, seems like they would have to back it up with evidence.

For a lecture, I guess. A sermon you can just make anything up.

Depends on the paintings Medieval and Renaissance art is filled with all kinds of iconography and symbolism. If this is Cambridge, seems like they would have to back it up with evidence.

It illustrates the rich and extremely broad range of view available in the Christian family. After all, the Dean of St Patrick's in Dublin advocated killing children and using their skin for gloves as a solution to poverty and starvation. Everyone assumed it was satire, but...

'gender identity' and 'trans' are modern concepts and words, you wont find them in ancient texts. The Bible has no such concept so the Dean is deceived

It illustrates the rich and extremely broad range of view available in the Christian family. After all, the Dean of St Patrick's in Dublin advocated killing children and using their skin for gloves as a solution to poverty and starvation. Everyone assumed it was satire, but...
Thats because you look ate what people claim and not the evidence.

Thats because you look ate what people claim and not the evidence.
So are you suggesting that the evidence is that he was serious? Or maybe you don't have a clue about the subject so you are just trotting out stock phrases regardless of context?.

So are you suggesting that the evidence is that he was serious? Or maybe you don't have a clue about the subject so you are just trotting out stock phrases regardless of context?.
So if you did your homework you would see in the Bible that Jesus is only ever seen as male and calls Himself Son of Man. So that is it.

So if you did your homework you would see in the Bible that Jesus is only ever seen as male and calls Himself Son of Man. So that is it.
If you look at what I've written, you will see that I refer to the writing of the Dean of St Patrick's cathedral in Dublin, not the Dean of Cambridge. You would also see that what he is suggesting is not the same as the Dean in the OP. If you paused to think about what you are replying to, you might look less plaintively out of touch.

If you look at what I've written, you will see that I refer to the writing of the Dean of St Patrick's cathedral in Dublin, not the Dean of Cambridge. You would also see that what he is suggesting is not the same as the Dean in the OP. If you paused to think about what you are replying to, you might look less plaintively out of touch.
I am not interested in what you have written, or what the Dean has claimed, I see from the Biblical testimony of Jesus that He is male and He even said so Himself

I am not interested in what you have written, or what the Dean has claimed, I see from the Biblical testimony of Jesus that He is male and He even said so Himself
That's fine. I agree with the principle that every individual should have the right to determine their own gender identity. I'm glad to see that you do too.

That's fine.
No thats not fine. Your point, which I have responded to, was about what the Dean and you think. The evidence is the Biblical testimony, not what this or that person thinks.
Gender identity is a lie. Identifying as something one isn't, is lying.

No thats not fine. Your point, which I have responded to, was about what the Dean and you think. The evidence is the Biblical testimony, not what this or that person thinks.
Gender identity is a lie. Identifying as something one isn't, is lying.
You still haven't read what I actually wrote, have you ? The longer you fai to realise who the Dean of St Patrick's is that I'm referring to, the more ridiculous you make yourself look. Your problem is that you are so fixated by sex, that even a tangential mention sends do much blood rushes to your head that your vision is impaired.

You still haven't read what I actually wrote, have you ? The longer you fai to realise who the Dean of St Patrick's is that I'm referring to, the more ridiculous you make yourself look. Your problem is that you are so fixated by sex, that even a tangential mention sends do much blood rushes to your head that your vision is impaired.
I have read what you wrote. You keep writing about people you agree with, that isnt the evidence.

One has to question what he means by 'trans' All people are born men or women or the combination intersex. God made male and female. Sex is immutable.

One has to question what he means by 'trans' All people are born men or women or the combination intersex. God made male and female. Sex is immutable.
All persons are female to begin with. How do they transition to male? Please explain that process.

I have read what you wrote. You keep writing about people you agree with, that isnt the evidence.
Wrong. Try again. I actually do not agree with what the Dean of St Patrick's said. But you haven't bothered to read that have you?

All persons are female to begin with. How do they transition to male? Please explain that process.
No they aren't. you have been listening to activists. The sexual development of the human begins after about 6 weeks and if the Y chromosome is present, FROM CONCEPTION, then the offspring is already male. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK222286/
That it is undifferentiated, and phenotypically female doesn't mean it is a female where the Y chromosome is present.

Back