The Foolishness and Arrogance of Mormonism

It may have been standard procedure. If not, the mission president or bishop of the ward could have objected. If the missionary was wrong did his companion not have a brain to ask the bishop or mission president? Your missionaries should know at least that much.
I find it fascinating you're placing all responsibility on everyone except your family members.
Be it known, as a district leader on my mission, there was a baptism I cancelled because I felt the person didn't understand what they were committing to. I'll leave it to the consciences of others on how they choose to lead others, and followers on how they want to be led.
I'm not arguing for or against infant baptism. Mormonism thinks an 8-year-old knows whether or not to follow Mormonism. Pardon me, IMO, that is stupid! How can teens and adults know whether or not to get baptized? How could someone like myself without biblical knowledge at that time, know if Mormonism was true?
Again, what's is the worth of baptism if it's completely meaningless? What exactly are they roped into if the gospel and/or priesthood is false?
I've studied my religion my entire life and I'm still learning, I'm sure many Christians can say the same. If a person wants to be baptized because they want to follow Christ, (aka. "exercising faith") is good thing, not a bad thing.
Moreover, it's extremely interesting how cultic you characterize churches. Because so-and-so joins x church the MUST believe y beliefs, and then one is somehow locked in to believe something against their will - thus, expressing faith becomes a crime rather than a virtue.
Thy word have I hid in in mine heart... March 16-April 3 is not enough time to know the difference betrween God's word and Joseph Smith's.
Are you agreeing with Joseph Smith that we are saved based upon our knowledge or something? That's a very un-Christian position to have.

It matters to me for several reasons.

1. It is morally wrong.
How?
2. Baptism isn't meaningless and worthless.
So mormon baptisms have meaning?
I've kissed women out of infatuation, and not out of love.
Does that must mean I must commit to the feelings I had at the time? Or can I simply accept, at the time, the kiss meant something, but it doesn't anymore?
You like to pretend that you know Christianity and the minds of non-Mormons. You don't.
Where did I claim to know the minds of non-Mormons? You're right. I don't know them, I can only imagine, which is why I ask questions. It's still bonkers to me that a person would be upset on performing an ordinance that perceptually contained no authority. I'd probably be more upset about the tithing money I gave them.

3. Stop judging my family. You never met them. I haven't met yours. Neither of us should be judging the other's family.
I can only call what I see. I'd recommend to stop using them as evidence to build your arguments against my religion. You might get offended.
4. Would you dunk me in an outdoor pool while wearing your temple garments? Would you claim authority to baptize me?
No, I wouldn't. But if I did, would you believe me? And if you did believe, would you be mad at me if you stopped believe me even though I thought (theoretically) I was doing the right thing?
How did you feel when you learned the truth about Santa Claus? Were you mad at your parents? What's the difference?
I can only determine that the source of you being upset is because you must subconsciously think the Church are intentionally and knowingly deceived you or something. Again, I have no idea.

I find it fascinating you're placing all responsibility on everyone except your family members.
No, I pointed out that Mormons were baptizing non-members who beliebved the same things aafter baptism as they did before.

Be it known, as a district leader on my mission, there was a baptism I cancelled because I felt the person didn't understand what they were committing to. I'll leave it to the consciences of others on how they choose to lead others, and followers on how they want to be led.
None of my family had a clue about any religion.

Again, what's is the worth of baptism if it's completely meaningless?
If it's meaningless??? Why do you baptize adults and children if it's meaningless?

What exactly are they roped into if the gospel and/or priesthood is false?
I've studied my religion my entire life and I'm still learning, I'm sure many Christians can say the same. If a person wants to be baptized because they want to follow Christ, (aka. "exercising faith") is good thing, not a bad thing.
My mother, sister, and 8-yr.-old brother weren't interested in a false or the true Christ.

Moreover, it's extremely interesting how cultic you characterize churches. Because so-and-so joins x church the MUST believe y beliefs, and then one is somehow locked in to believe something against their will - thus, expressing faith becomes a crime rather than a virtue.
My family still had their wills. What good was that?

Are you agreeing with Joseph Smith that we are saved based upon our knowledge or something? That's a very un-Christian position to have.

How?

So mormon baptisms have meaning?
I've kissed women out of infatuation, and not out of love.
Does that must mean I must commit to the feelings I had at the time? Or can I simply accept, at the time, the kiss meant something, but it doesn't anymore?

Where did I claim to know the minds of non-Mormons? You're right. I don't know them, I can only imagine, which is why I ask questions. It's still bonkers to me that a person would be upset on performing an ordinance that perceptually contained no authority. I'd probably be more upset about the tithing money I gave them.
I love giving to others. Tithing isn't forced in Mormonism. Wnat do the above random thoughts mean?

I can only call what I see. I'd recommend to stop using them as evidence to build your arguments against my religion. You might get offended.
i didn't use them as an argument. I asked questions about the policy.

No, I wouldn't. But if I did, would you believe me? And if you did believe, would you be mad at me if you stopped believe me even though I thought (theoretically) I was doing the right thing?
How did you feel when you learned the truth about Santa Claus?
I was four years old. It felt educational as many things are at that age.

Were you mad at your parents? What's the difference?
Not at all. I have no memory of them talking to me about Santa Claus.

I can only determine that the source of you being upset is because you must subconsciously think the Church are intentionally and knowingly deceived you or something. Again, I have no idea.
Are you kidding? I'm not upset. You aren't in charge of my life.

However because you choose to oppose the Gospel of Christ, I am taught by God to expose those false teachings.

Last edited:
Nice try at deflection, Richard. But that isn't the question that is being discussed. But thanks for demonstrating the first Mormon debate tactic listed in my signature.
I was asked to prove Mormonism as being true and we all know that is impossible and proving that Jesus is the Christ is also impossible..
So if someone ask for proof they should be able to prove their own beliefs..... nice try.

That is something unscrupulous and pushy door-to-door salesmen do!
So all the followers and disciples of Christ during his ministry you would consider salesmen.... interesting remark.

Mark 16:15

And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

So all the followers and disciples of Christ during his ministry you would consider salesmen.... interesting remark.

Mark 16:15

And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.
Christ didn’t tell them to stick their foot in the door so the person couldn’t close it.

Christ didn’t tell them to stick their foot in the door so the person couldn’t close it.
Yes, He told us to proclaim the Gospel--and Peter said "always be ready to give a reason for the hope that you have in you, but with gentleness and respect." (paraphrased a little). Sticking one's foot in the front door, so the owner cannot close it, is NOT showing "gentleness and respect." It is being pushy and obnoxious.

No, I pointed out that Mormons were baptizing non-members who beliebved the same things aafter baptism as they did before.
how do you know that?

I already explained that every person, before they are baptized, are interviewed to see if they understand what they are committing to and if they believe it. If they lied, there's not much we can do about it. You'd have to prove that they said they didn't believe any of it and we baptized them anyway. You haven't done that.

how do you know that?

I already explained that every person, before they are baptized, are interviewed to see if they understand what they are committing to and if they believe it. If they lied, there's not much we can do about it. You'd have to prove that they said they didn't believe any of it and we baptized them anyway. You haven't done that.
Because it happened to her family.

Yes, He told us to proclaim the Gospel--and Peter said "always be ready to give a reason for the hope that you have in you, but with gentleness and respect." (paraphrased a little). Sticking one's foot in the front door, so the owner cannot close it, is NOT showing "gentleness and respect." It is being pushy and obnoxious.

Let's hold the judgment until Magdelena's proof that is a church policy. Otherwise--it's just an unsubstantiated claim.

So far--it's just a claim. She has provided nothing to show it's a church policy.

Back