2 Thes 2:3

GINOLJC, to all
ERROR, your Falling away, or leaving is in the word Depart, from the Faith. 1 Timothy 4:1 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;"
DEPART: G868 ἀφίστημι aphistemi (a-fiy'-stee-miy) v.
1. to remove.
2. (actively) instigate to revolt.
3. (usually, reflexively) to desist, desert, etc.
[from G575 and G2476]
KJV: depart, draw (fall) away, refrain, withdraw self
Root(s): G575, G2476

so no, not a different subject. maybe you need to study more? no put down, just an Observation.

:ninja:
You were talking about tares....now you're on an even different topic.

It appears that some will give heed to seducing spirits and doctrins of devils.

Jesus speaks of the rapture:

John 14: 1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well. 2 In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Luke 17:34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed: One will be taken and the other left. 35 Two women will be grinding grain together: One will be taken and the other left.”

Jesus speaks of the rapture:

Luke 17:34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed: One will be taken and the other left. 35 Two women will be grinding grain together: One will be taken and the other left.”

Yes, the one that is taken is destroyed and the one left is saved.
I've already quoted Jesus on that saying of his about his coming.

Noah was not taken away by the flood. It was the wicked people who were taken.Noah was left.
If you want to be destroyed then you may get what you wish for.

You were talking about tares....now you're on an even different topic.

It appears that some will give heed to seducing spirits and doctrins of devils.

I think the point he is making is that the tares are removed first. That's what you call the rapture.
The quote he is quoting now is the falling away that Paul discusses in 2 thes.
A departure from the faith.

Noah was not taken away by the flood. It was the wicked people who were taken.Noah was left.
Noah was taken in to the boat...and was saved. Those left behind were lost.

I think the point he is making is that the tares are removed first. That's what you call the rapture.
The quote he is quoting now is the falling away that Paul discusses in 2 thes.
A departure from the faith.
You continue to get it wrong. Here's what the bible says...

15 By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17 After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

Why would you considered those caught up, raptured as tares? Your theology has issues.

Mathew 24:38-39
For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

So now you are claiming that Noah knew nothing about what would happen and the flood came and took him away?

You continue to get it wrong. Here's what the bible says...

15 By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17 After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

Why would you considered those caught up, raptured as tares? Your theology has issues.
Jesus said the tares are gatherd first and that it would take place during the harvest.
You say you will be gatherd first which would make you a tare.

For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Are you wanting to be taken away like all of those who know nothing?

There is more to the flood verse than Noahs escaping the judgement...Jesus' words in the bible tells us:
Luke 17:26-29 “And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all”

lot was delivered from the judgement. Will you disagree?

Once again in Rev 3:10 we read in a letter written to the church of Philadelpha by Jesus....and applied to the church at the beginning of the tribulation...time of Jacobs trouble...
10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I will also keep you from the hour of testing that is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

Notice it says whole world..not just Israel.

So now you are claiming that Noah knew nothing about what would happen and the flood came and took him away?
The they refers to the people who were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage...at the raptre of 1 Thes 4:16 the they will be the non-believers. They will be saying...2 Peter 3:4 “Where is the promise of His coming?”

You conveiently forgot to quote the passage about Lot.

Genesis 19:

15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.
16 And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city.
17 And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.

The angels literally snatched Lot and his family out of harm's way.

This does not fit your narative does it?

Jesus comes back twice.
From Acts 1 we learn from the 2 guys.... 11“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen Him go into heaven.

Matt 24: 27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.....Jesus didn't leave in the midst of lightning flashes.

Rev 19:11
Then I saw heaven standing open, and there before me was a white horse. And its rider is called Faithful and True. With righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 He has eyes like blazing fire, and many royal crowns on His head. He has a name written on Him that only He Himself knows. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His name is The Word of God.

14 The armies of heaven, dressed in fine linen, white and pure, follow Him on white horses. 15 And from His mouth proceeds a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with an iron scepter.d He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. 16 And He has a name written on His robe and on His thigh:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS...Jesus didn't leave on a white horse....nor in the fashion described above.

At the rapture Jesus returns the way he left....quietly....Like a "thief in the night".

...are you ready for the
rapture?

You conveiently forgot to quote the passage about Lot.

Genesis 19:

15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.
16 And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city.
17 And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.

The angels literally snatched Lot and his family out of harm's way.

This does not fit your narative does it?
Thanks leonard03782

Some may not see the mystery of the rapture...

1 Cor: 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must be clothedf with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

Just like Israel will be protected During the tribulation. Noah and Israel had/has to experience the Judgement of GOD on the world. BUT GOD........protected/will protect them.

Thanks leonard03782

Some may not see the mystery of the rapture...

1 Cor: 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must be clothedf with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.
Exactly!! The rapture was not revealed until after Jesus ascended into Heaven. Jesus was preaching to the Jews, Paul was preaching to the church. Two differtent messages.

Exactly!! The rapture was not revealed until after Jesus ascended into Heaven. Jesus was preaching to the Jews, Paul was preaching to the church. Two differtent messages.
So you believe Jesus doesn't preach to his church?
Thats interesting. I had always thought the disciples including Paul were members of the church. But since you say Jesus didn't preach to the church then Paul, Peter or any other disciple can't be part of the church because Jesus preached to them. They are only Jews, like Jesus.

Rolling eyes.

I was unaware a jew like Paul could not be a member of the church.
That's really interesting. Since you say a jew can't be in the body of Christ, which is the church. Who's body do you say Paul is of?

Back