Census: Less than half of England and Wales population identifies as Christian

But if, as you say, that we have many denominations, show evidence that anyone has proposed one particular denomination as the state religion
Christian Dominionists are your typical right-wing GOP/Christians like on this forum

again, this is common knowledge

How is it you people are able to remain so uninformed?

If religion ends up the way of, say, flat-earthism, I'll take it.
Almost every great innovator or genius for the past century has been an atheist

If you see a great piece of groundbreaking art or a revolutionary invention or idea and look up the person who did it, they will very likely be an atheist. I do it all the time and it usually holds up.

religion is like a governor on your intellect

. There's a beer brewed in the UK called Worthington white Shield. Unlike most bottled beers, it contains live yeasts. If kept unopened for eighteen months or so, it goes out of condition. Left for another 24 months or so, it comes back into condition with a completely different, arguably far superior taste. British traditions, particularly the monarchy, are like that. British society is very conservative, and hangs on to things long after they are unfit for purpose. Sometimes they then come back into condition with an altered purpose. It's a good thing that the monarch is the head of the church, particularly as the church itself withers. It gives a ceremonial focus for a nation that loves ceremony, without actually meaning anything or interfering with anything important.
How does one justify having the head of state being the head of a state religion to which less and less citizens appear to adhere? Who is actually being represented by the head of state in this role?

N.B. I realise from past exchanges that you and I have very different views on the purpose of monarchy.

However, I am not entirely sure of the validity of what is tantamount to "panem et circenses" but [unlike ancient Rome] paid for by the people.

I know the Brits enjoy Panto, dressing up, and [to reference Python] "marchin' up and down the square" but does all that really need to be part of the official fabric of your society?

How does one justify having the head of state being the head of a state religion to which less and less citizens appear to adhere? Who is actually being represented by the head of state in this role?

N.B. I realise from past exchanges that you and I have very different views on the purpose of monarchy.

However, I am not entirely sure of the validity of what is tantamount to "panem et circenses" but [unlike ancient Rome] paid for by the people.

I know the Brits enjoy Panto, dressing up, and [to reference Python] "marchin' up and down the square" but does all that really need to be part of the official fabric of your society?
Yes, because changing this would be catastrophic. Not the result, the process. There are a great many things that are intellectually insupportable but are kept because changing them is too difficult, and probably not worth it. Government funding for opera for example.

But if, as you say, that we have many denominations, show evidence that anyone has proposed one particular denomination as the state religion
I think the plan is to establish one world religion. Not a state religion.

Watch. You will see.

All the “pious” so called leaders, from all
sides of the spectrum, will fall in line with the “New” (Pantheistic-Masonic), so called “church.”

Yes, because changing this would be catastrophic.
Why would it be catastrophic? And how can you predict it?
Not the result, the process. There are a great many things that are intellectually insupportable but are kept because changing them is too difficult, and probably not worth it.
Like racism among palace employees?

Such unfortunate timing for Brian with Hussey making her ghastly racist remarks just as Netflix is about to drop the Harry/Meghan documentary.
Government funding for opera for example.
At least for the ENO funding has been cut.

I think the plan is to establish one world religion. Not a state religion.

Watch. You will see.

All the “pious” so called leaders, from all
sides of the spectrum, will fall in line with the “New” (Pantheistic-Masonic), so called “church.”

nuts

Whose laws? These laws are made by seculars powers, to promote secularism. Its a joke how Christians allowed this nonsense to happen.
Yes - how ridiculous that some people decided not to be bound by the laws of your religion.

How dare we?

Possibly the most arrogant thing you've ever said in here.
Possibly.

There you have it boys.
England is not the UK
We are not talking about UK.

The UK has had a right wing government for over a decade.
The UK doesn't want to do anything to America. Nor is it capable of doing anything to America.

Really? Maybe you can explain to me where all the wealth of the British empire went?

America is already a secular state.

Thanks to sleeping Christians who believed the lies of politicians.

The UK is not a secular state and never had been.

It is 100% liberal and secular. The Monarch, the Church and the upper house have very little power. It's only for show.

If it acts like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's most likely a duck!

If you see a great piece of groundbreaking art or a revolutionary invention or idea and look up the person who did it, they will very likely be an atheist. I do it all the time and it usually holds up.

Lol. Thats a warning for everyone of extremist, nazi/marxist type rewriting of history

Did you make that up? You innovate gaslighting and spam?

Back