To pray to Jesus or not to pray to Jesus?

I'm glad you agree Jesus the Christ is the Word of God. Next step:

"And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light."
Genesis 1:3

Was this God speaking light into existence or was it someone else speaking light into existence?

It was God.

Reactions: Neo
I'm glad you agree Jesus the Christ is the Word of God. Next step:
There is no next step...God created all things by Jesus...

Ephesians 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
"And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light."
Genesis 1:3
That is the OT where the gospel is hidden.
Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Was this God speaking light into existence or was it someone else speaking light into existence?
Jn1
3 All things were made by him(Jesus); and without him (Jesus) was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him(Jesus) was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him (Jesus) might believe.
8 He (John) was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

There is no next step...God created all things by Jesus...

Ephesians 3:9
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

That is the OT where the gospel is hidden.
Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Jn1
3 All things were made by him(Jesus); and without him (Jesus) was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him(Jesus) was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him (Jesus) might believe.
8 He (John) was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
All things were made by Jesus the Christ because Jesus the Christ is God. He is the voice of God in Genesis chapter one. This is why He is called the Word of God by John.

All things were made by Jesus the Christ because Jesus the Christ is God.
Jesus Christ is the son of God. God is the father of Jesus. When you say Jesus is God you are calling God and Jesus liars
He is the voice of God in Genesis chapter one.
He is the beginning of the creation of God...
Revelation 3:14
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
This is why He is called the Word of God by John.
He is also called the word of life...and the son of God
1 John 1:1
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
and the son of God.
Are you saying Jesus is the son of God and God himself? That would make Jesus his own father.

Okay to do
Wayne Jackson: In this writer’s judgment, the allegation that it is inappropriate to speak to Christ by means of song or prayer is a position that cannot be sustained in light of the available evidence. (see the "Conclusion")
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1024-may-a-christian-address-christ-in-praise-or-prayer

Not okay to do
Jason Patrick Hilburn: Considering the clarity with which the Scriptures teach to pray "always" to their Father, why is it that some have openly taught or advocated the doctrine of praying to Jesus? There are numerous arguments, although none of them warrant belief in such a doctrine (We Need the Truth About "Praying to Jesus", page 4).
http://www.thebibledomain.com/docs/The_Truth_About_Praying_to_Jesus_%28Jason%20Hilburn-public%20file%29.pdf
My Church (AG) addresses prayers to Jesus. Personally I pray to Father in Jesus' name. Six of One, and Half a dozen of Another.

Jesus Christ is the son of God. God is the father of Jesus. When you say Jesus is God you are calling God and Jesus liars

He is the beginning of the creation of God...
Revelation 3:14
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

He is also called the word of life...and the son of God
1 John 1:1
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
and the son of God.
Are you saying Jesus is the son of God and God himself? That would make Jesus his own father.
Within God there is a perfect relationship. For if God was only one person, then God would be lonely and would not be able to be perfect by existing on His own. However, since God is love, He naturally shares this love with others (those within the Godhead).

Since God is one and three person's within God, this allows God to remain perfect before the creation existed. For God can share His love amongst Himself (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).

The relationship within God is a perfect relationship. The relationship within God is one of authority (a Father), one of perfect obedience to the Father (a Son), and the essence of God (a Spirit).

If we take one of the persons away from God, then God is no longer a complete and perfect being. It takes all three persons of God to make up the one Perfect God.

In addition to this, Jesus the Christ is not a son that comes into existence. Oh, actually, let me ask you this:

Do you believe the Word of God was born into existence, or did the Word always exist within God?

Within God there is a perfect relationship. For if God was only one person, then God would be lonely and would not be able to be perfect by existing on His own.
Where did you get that rubbish?
However, since God is love, He naturally shares this love with others (those within the Godhead).
Why are you making up your own doctrine?
Since God is one and three person's within God, this allows God to remain perfect before the creation existed. For God can share His love amongst Himself (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
That is another gospel, sir. It is not written in the scripture.
The relationship within God is a perfect relationship. The relationship within God is one of authority (a Father), one of perfect obedience to the Father (a Son), and the essence of God (a Spirit).
Please show the chapter and verse.
If we take one of the persons away from God, then God is no longer a complete and perfect being. It takes all three persons of God to make up the one Perfect God.
According to Whom? That nonsense cannot be found written anywhere in the scripture.
In addition to this, Jesus the Christ is not a son that comes into existence. Oh, actually, let me ask you this:
All sons come into existence from their fathers.
Do you believe the Word of God was born into existence, or did the Word always exist within God?
Do you believe sons are born into existence or did sons always exist within their fathers?

All sons come into existence from their fathers.
Oh, so you do believe the Word of God was born into existence. Very interesting. What does the following passage mean?

"In the beginning was the Word..." (John 1:1a)

Last edited:
Oh, so you do believe the Word of God was born into existence. Very interesting. What does the following passage mean?

"In the beginning was the Word..." (John 1:1a)
The beginning comes before the Word... It does not say in the Word was the beginning

The beginning comes before the Word... It does not say in the Word was the beginning

It is obvious you believe the Word of God didn't always exist. So, when do you believe the Word of God came into existence?

Last edited:
It is obvious you believe the Word of God didn't always exist. So, when do you believe the Word of God came into existence?
Before the world was.
2 Timothy 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Back