Science vs Christianity

So you say.

I say you've provided no evidence that it's never happened.

Since I'm right, we can dismiss your claim until you decide to back it up with something concrete.
Which incidentally was invented by the Romans. Pre Christian.

So you say.

I say you've provided no evidence that it's never ever happened.

Since I'm right, we can dismiss your claim until you decide to back it up with something concrete.
Accidental double-negative fixed

So you say.

I say you've provided no evidence that it's never happened.

Most advancements in science and technology over the centuries have come out of those countries that have been considered Christian countries.

Most of the top universities in the world started out as Christian universities.

Most advancements in science and technology over the centuries have come out of those countries that have been considered Christian countries.
Of course they have, because Christianity has been the prevailing religion in those countries, particularly say England. For this to mean anything for Christianity, you would have to show that said advancements could only come out of Christian countries.

What part did Christianity play in Einstein discovering relativity? I mean in the science itself, liked the equations for example.
Most of the top universities in the world started out as Christian universities.
Ditto.

Of course they have, because Christianity has been the prevailing religion in those countries, particularly say England. For this to mean anything for Christianity, you would have to show that said advancements could only come out of Christian countries.
Which would be impossible to show, because many non-Christian countries and civilizations have made huge contributions to science and technology.

Greece, India, China, the Islamic world during the Middle Ages when those "Christian countries" were stagnating by comparison, etc.

Which would be impossible to show, because many non-Christian countries and civilizations have made huge contributions to science and technology.

Greece, India, China, the Islamic world during the Middle Ages when those "Christian countries" were stagnating by comparison, etc.
Indeed.

That is not completely true. Both sides are guilty of altering their observations to preserve it views.
Incorrect. Scientists as individuals have been guilty of that. Science as a process is not. Religion has no mechanism whatsoever to correct mistakes.
"Started out as". There's a reason they are no longer. Christianity has nothing useful to say on the topics of astronomy, physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, geology, or engineering. It has made no contribution to economics, psychology, sociology, anthropology, or even history. In philosophy it has made no contribution to logic. I suppose you could argue that it has made a contribution to ethics by providing examples of what NOT to do. Ditto epistemology.

Christian universities are like a book club with only one book. It is incapable by its very nature of expanding knowledge in any field.

Yes, altering your observations to preserve your views.

For this to mean anything for Christianity, you would have to show that said advancements could only come out of Christian countries.
Just to expand on this point a little, much of the science and technology that Christian apologists like to take credit for was actually made by non-Christian civilizations.

A partial list: The Greeks were the first to propose the atom and the heliocentric solar system. Aristotle came up with the idea for the scientific method if not the procedures. The Chinese invented the printing press. We use Indian numbers to perform Arabic mathematics. Christendom still thought the world was flat 1,500 years after Erastothenes correctly measured the circumference of the earth using a hole in the ground and a stick. Christian mathematicians wouldn't have had to re-invent calculus if earlier Christian vandals hadn't been busy scrubbing the last extant copy of Archimedes' book so they could write a stupid prayer book over it. There's no telling how much ancient philosophy, mathematics, and history has been lost because unwashed monks were too effing lazy to find a fresh scrap of parchment to write "now I lay me down to sleep" upon.

In short, Christianity wasn't responsible for some great blossoming of science and technology. Rather it was individual Christians who began to emerge from the shadow of a thousand years of Christian fundamentalism, with the church itself doing its level best to drag them kicking and screaming back into the darkness.

Yes, altering your observations to preserve your views.
Your assertion has nothing to do with the point it replies to, which was about how good science has come out of countries as well as Christian, which was the main point that your reply ignores.

Science alters its views to preserve its observations. Christianity alters its observations to preserve its views.
Genesis Ch 1 is loaded with Observations.
Your so called science has NONE. Just speculations.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Your low education may not have heard of The scientific method which calls for OBSERVATION.

Genesis Ch 1 is loaded with Observations.
Your so called science has NONE. Just speculations.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Your low education may not have heard of The scientific method which calls for OBSERVATION.
Holy crap you're stupid. Honestly. You're not good enough for this forum, and that's a loooooow bar.

Back