Who did Jesus give Himself a ransom for ?

Potshots and nothing more. It's all they got. ?
World = world
All = all
Whosoever = whosoever
Hate = love less
Foreknowledge = merely knowing what will unfold w/o influencing it

They’re all over the place with these things. There’s no exegesis, as eisegesis tastes so much better to their taste buds.

Christ did pay the ransom for all of his elect . Paid in full by his blood and by fulfilling his Father's will. You guys cannot accept that it's God decision or will. That this makes God unfair. But isn't this question answered by Paul?

Romans 9:14What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God’s part? By no means! 15For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”16So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.​

We can't will what God should do, nor use exertion to gain God's favor.

But that someone could even question God's determination proves that man can still protest libertarianly.

Romans 9:19 (KJV) Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

But despite the unfairness of history, God still gave man libertarian will in something. They didn't receive salvation *because* ie libertarianly they sought it not by faith. ...

Romans 9:30-31 (KJV)
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Romans 9:32 (KJV) Wherefore? *Because* they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Do you think God does not want you to be?
I am here, so... no. However, God could end me three seconds from now, and there isn't a single...

(sry, joking a little). There isn't a single thing my free will can do about it. Jesus made this point on at least a couple of occasions.

We can't will what God should do, nor use exertion to gain God's favor.

But that someone could even question God's determination proves that man can still protest libertarianly.

Romans 9:19 (KJV) Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

But despite the unfairness of history, God still gave man libertarian will in something. They didn't receive salvation *because* ie libertarianly they sought it not by faith. ...

Romans 9:30-31 (KJV)
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Romans 9:32 (KJV) Wherefore? *Because* they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
If what you say is correct, then I do not need God or Christ, because I am like a god. Just like Satan told Adam & Eve, right?

Back