An Easy Way to Understand Who God Is

SeventhDay

We all as Christians ought to know that God is the Word and Jesus is the Word therefore Jesus is God.

This is expressed in John 1:1:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

In John 1:14 we know that Jesus is the Word:

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Now, the Son begotten of the Father shows us how the son of man is the express image of God in the flesh.

Here is more proof:

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

However, the picture God shows us is that the Son is revealing God in a Father and Son relationship and that is who God is!

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him

Thus, when you consider God in expression look at this picture:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

With means towards or face to face with God and the Father is facing the Son and the Son is facing the Father. This is what we see when we see God and we have the son of man revealing God manifest in the flesh.

God bless you.

Addressing the OP, Good presentation.
May we add this, in an Easy Way to Understand Who God Is.

I used this in another topic. in your reference to John 1:1. the Lord Jesus said, John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." and John 1:1 state, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

TAKE NOTE OF THE TERM "WAS" in John 1:1 now, back to John 8:58, the Lord Jesus said "I AM". we know from Exodus 3:14 God is "I AM". in John 8:58 the Lord Jesus said he is "I AM". in Light of this, let's examine John 1:1 more closely in the term "WAS"
the term "WAS" here is the Greek word,
G2258 ἦν en (een') v.
ἦσαν esan (ee'-san)
ἦτε ete (ee'-te)
ἦμεν emen (ee'-men)
ἦς es (ees')
ἦσθα estha (ees'-tha)
I (thou, etc.) was (wast or were).
[imperfect of G1510]

KJV: + agree, be, X have (+ charge of), hold, use, was(-t), were
Root(s): G1510

LET'S FOLLOW THE ROOT. and see why this word "WAS" is the imperfect of G1510,

G1510 εἰμί eimi (ei-miy') v.
1. I am (i.e. I exist).
2. (emphatically declaring oneself, following G1473) It is I Myself (see Matthew 14:27, Matthew 14:28 and Mark 6:50).
3. (of God himself, following G1473) I AM (this is the comparable Greek form of God's Hebrew name, YAHWEH; compare H3068).
{used only when emphatic}
[first person singular present indicative, a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb]
KJV: am, have been, X it is I, was

now let's ROOT out G1473 in definition #2, and #3 above.
G1473 ἐγώ ego (e-ğō') p.
(emphatically, of the first person) I.
{Only expressed when emphatic. For the other cases and the plural, see also}
[a primary pronoun]
KJV: I, me

HOLD IT, it said, see "also". ,let's see it, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." there is the ALSO, which confirms the "WITH" in John 1:1. listen, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." the LORD who is FIRST/Father, is "WITH" the Last, but as the definition said, the Lord ONE PERSON, is "ALSO" the Last. BINGO the same one Person.

when the Lord Jesus said, "I AM",. he just declared that he is God .... in flesh. according to his "NATURE, in PERSON and not His Person in NATURE. NOTE {Only expressed when emphatic. For the other cases and the plural, see also ....... see ALSO as in Isaiah 48:12 which we did, Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." I is one person, and "Also" mean addition to, .. "Another" of oneself. hence the plurality, in NATURE/Spirit, and not in person(s), but in ONE PERSON.

in John 1:1 the "WITH" express the "ALSO" as the same ONE PERSON. "WAS"?I AM. so John 1:1 can be written as easy in clarity as,

John 1:1 "In the beginning was (I AM, JESUS) the Word, and the Word was (I AM, JESUS) with God, and the Word was (I AM, JESUS) God."

my source for the above definitions is the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments.

:ninja:

Addressing the OP, Good presentation.
May we add this, in an Easy Way to Understand Who God Is.

I used this in another topic. in your reference to John 1:1. the Lord Jesus said, John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." and John 1:1 state, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

TAKE NOTE OF THE TERM "WAS" in John 1:1 now, back to John 8:58, the Lord Jesus said "I AM". we know from Exodus 3:14 God is "I AM". in John 8:58 the Lord Jesus said he is "I AM". in Light of this, let's examine John 1:1 more closely in the term "WAS"
G2258 ἦν en (een') v.
ἦσαν esan (ee'-san)
ἦτε ete (ee'-te)
ἦμεν emen (ee'-men)
ἦς es (ees')
ἦσθα estha (ees'-tha)
[imperfect of G1510]

1. I am (i.e. I exist).
2. (emphatically declaring oneself, following G1473) It is I Myself (see Matthew 14:27, Matthew 14:28 and Mark 6:50).
3. (of God himself, following G1473) I AM (this is the comparable Greek form of God's Hebrew name, YAHWEH; compare H3068).
[first person singular present indicative, a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb]

now let's ROOT out G1473 in definition #2, and #3 above.
G1473 ἐγώ ego (e-ğō') p.
[a primary pronoun]

HOLD IT, it said, see "also". ,let's see it, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." there is the ALSO, which confirms the "WITH" in John 1:1. listen, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." the LORD who is FIRST/Father, is "WITH" the Last, but as the definition said, the Lord ONE PERSON, is "ALSO" the Last. BINGO the same one Person.

when the Lord Jesus said, "I AM",. he just declared that he is God .... in flesh. according to his "NATURE, in PERSON and not His Person in NATURE. NOTE {Only expressed when emphatic. For the other cases and the plural, see also ....... see ALSO as in Isaiah 48:12 which we did, Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." I is one person, and "Also" mean addition to, .. "Another" of oneself. hence the plurality, in NATURE/Spirit, and not in person(s), but in ONE PERSON.

in John 1:1 the "WITH" express the "ALSO" as the same ONE PERSON. "WAS"?I AM. so John 1:1 can be written as easy in clarity as,

John 1:1 "In the beginning was (I AM, JESUS) the Word, and the Word was (I AM, JESUS) with God, and the Word was (I AM, JESUS) God."

my source for the above definitions is the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments.

Thank you for your valuable input! God bless you. :)

Let's further understand what the term "WAS" is saying in John 1:1
WAS:
G2258 ἦν en (een') v.
ἦσαν esan (ee'-san)
ἦτε ete (ee'-te)
ἦμεν emen (ee'-men)
ἦς es (ees')
ἦσθα estha (ees'-tha)
[imperfect of G1510]

1. I am (i.e. I exist).
2. (emphatically declaring oneself, following G1473) It is I Myself
(see Matthew 14:27, Matthew 14:28 and Mark 6:50).

NOTE: definition #3. Above,

G1473 in definition #2, and #3 above. (of God himself, following G1473)

G1473 ἐγώ ego (e-ğō') p.
[a primary pronoun]

if God himself "follow" as said the I is Me, who is "ALSO" meaning the SAME one Person, as I been saying, Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

MY is "ME" ..... it is
I who speak. as the definition states above, G1473 ἐγώ ego (e-ğō') p.(emphatically, of the first person) I. supportive scriptures, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I." now the "I" that doth speak. FULFILED, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."

I AM he that doth speak. First person "I" that FOLLOWS? yes, that "FOLLOWS" in Ordinal Designation, which bear out Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:"

NOTICE, one "LORD".
ONE:
H259 אֶחָד 'echad (ech-awd') adj.
1. (properly) united, i.e. one.
2. (as an ordinal) first.
[a numeral from H258]
KJV: a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any(-thing), apiece, a certain, (dai-)ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together.
Root(s): H258

MY GOD THIS IS A ROAD MAP.

is not the "LORD" the FIRST? Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he."

and as the definition stated (see Also). and is not the "LORD", ALSO the Last? yes, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last."

this is a direct ROAD MAP to understand the Godhead perfectly.

You are

We all as Christians ought to know that God is the Word and Jesus is the Word therefore Jesus is God.

This is expressed in John 1:1:

In John 1:14 we know that Jesus is the Word:

Now, the Son begotten of the Father shows us how the son of man is the express image of God in the flesh.

Here is more proof:

However, the picture God shows us is that the Son is revealing God in a Father and Son relationship and that is who God is!

Thus, when you consider God in expression look at this picture:

With means towards or face to face with God and the Father is facing the Son and the Son is facing the Father. This is what we see when we see God and we have the son of man revealing God manifest in the flesh.

God bless you.

Two God persons literally facing each other is also called polytheism.

You are

Two God persons literally facing each other is also called polytheism.
as well as a three person God. but the "Two God persons literally facing each other", is kind of close, but no cigar, still polythetic in nature. instead, a ONE PERSON God in an ECHAD of equally SHARE. this is the correct way of understanding the Godhead, and that one person God is the Holy Spirit holding the Titles as stated in an ECHAD of First/Father, and Last/Son.

the ECHAD of the EQUAL SHARE in Nature is the ONLY CORRECT answer.

Only if one assumes multiple persons means multiple gods. Trinitarians don't assume that. You do and impose that interpretation onto Scripture resulting in confusion.

God Bless
Many in fact do assume that and twist that assumption. They say that there are three God persons in the one God. However, the scriptures do not teach that.

God is a singular entity thus a person or soul and not a unqualified being. God even states that he has a soul and stated that the Lord God is one.

Also, we are taught there is one Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ but not as separate persons but as the one God.

God speaks of himself in personal pronouns in almost all cases except when referring to his oneness which is a plurality of relationship in a Father and Son relationship.

God is Spirit and all that are in Christ are joined to that one Spirit which is God and in Christ dwells in the God head bodily and it is a spiritual body.

God is one soul. one Spirit and one body and it has nothing to do with persons inside God but relationships in God that are of God's very nature or essence which is Spirit.

Jesus is God the Father and the Son and all that are in Christ in a unified loving relationship and is the one Lord God not as separate persons but in the shared nature in God. As Christ is, so are we. Our lives are hidden in Christ and are not our own but belong to the Christ body.

It is not two God's facing God and two God's facing the world of humanity but God in relationships of his very own person.

God bless you. :)

Only if one assumes multiple persons means multiple gods. Trinitarians don't assume that. You do and impose that interpretation onto Scripture resulting in confusion.

God Bless

I know that Trinitarians don't assume that. The mystery to me is why not? If something quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, the plainest explanation is that it is a duck.

What Trinitarians often do is describe the three persons as though they were three God's, but since the bible says there is one God, then what they describe is just one God. Case closed. Period, Why question such brilliance? Is that how it goes?

Other than the three persons enjoying a perfect "unity", what else do you have in your description of these three persons that would support your claim that they are one God? You say that the Father has a literal face that is looking at the other literal face of his Son. This means that they both , at a minimum, have their own faces. Do they share the same body, like a three headed being or do each of the persons have their own bodies? Does the Holy Spirit person also have a face that looks at the Father and Son, or does the Holy Spirit not have a face or is the 3rd person left out of the face to face communications?

as well as a three person God. but the "Two God persons literally facing each other", is kind of close, but no cigar, still polythetic in nature. instead, a ONE PERSON God in an ECHAD of equally SHARE. this is the correct way of understanding the Godhead, and that one person God is the Holy Spirit holding the Titles as stated in an ECHAD of First/Father, and Last/Son.

the ECHAD of the EQUAL SHARE in Nature is the ONLY CORRECT answer.

The Son declares with a great voice like a trumpet "I AM the First" (Rev 1:17). Do you need it a little louder or what?

However, that is not what it is but one God who is one person who has more than one personage in his nature! God bless you. :)

All the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Him bodily (Col 2:9). Why not hold that the one eternal God added to himself a permanent and fully human existence and this man is called the Son of God?

The Son declares with a great voice like a trumpet "I AM the First" (Rev 1:17). Do you need it a little louder or what?
so u have two "FIRST?", for the LORD who is Father, (JESUS), says he's the First, or else it's the same ONE person.
now who is "First?"

so u have two "FIRST?", for the LORD who is Father, (JESUS), says he's the First, or else it's the same ONE person.
now who is "First?"

LOL. Jesus is the First and there can only be one who is "the First". I was responding to your post which stated "Last/Son". Stop playing around and answer the question.

All the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Him bodily (Col 2:9). Why not hold that the one eternal God added to himself a permanent and fully human existence and this man is called the Son of God?
God did not do that Christ is Spirit as the son of man and son of God and Father. son of man, and Son of God and Father are the one and same person who is Spirit.

Many in fact do assume that and twist that assumption. They say that there are three God persons in the one God. However, the scriptures do not teach that.

Trinitarians don't assume "multiple persons means multiple gods." Therefore, those that assume it and twist that assumption don't say "there are three God persons in the one God." You got yourself twisted up on who is assuming what.

God is a singular entity thus a person or soul and not a unqualified being. God even states that he has a soul and stated that the Lord God is one.

That is your definition of person imposed onto the text and others. Scripture doesn't teach that, and Trinitarians don't accept that definition for person. We fully accept that God is a singular entity. We accept that God is singular in Spirit/soul. We don't simply take from that that God is a singular person because Scripture goes out of its way to present personal, eternal distinctions within the Godhead. If you want to use this definition for person, so be it, but you have no justification for insisting we use your definitions because Scripture doesn't require such.

Also, we are taught there is one Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ but not as separate persons but as the one God.

God speaks of himself in personal pronouns in almost all cases except when referring to his oneness which is a plurality of relationship in a Father and Son relationship.

God is Spirit and all that are in Christ are joined to that one Spirit which is God and in Christ dwells in the God head bodily and it is a spiritual body.

God is one soul. one Spirit and one body and it has nothing to do with persons inside God but relationships in God that are of God's very nature or essence which is Spirit.

Jesus is God the Father and the Son and all that are in Christ in a unified loving relationship and is the one Lord God not as separate persons but in the shared nature in God. As Christ is, so are we. Our lives are hidden in Christ and are not our own but belong to the Christ body.

It is not two God's facing God and two God's facing the world of humanity but God in relationships of his very own person.

At this point, you devolved into representing your theology as opposed to replying to me. So, I'll leave it at that.

God Bless

Trinitarians don't assume "multiple persons means multiple gods." Therefore, those that assume it and twist that assumption don't say "there are three God persons in the one God." You got yourself twisted up on who is assuming what.

That is your definition of person imposed onto the text and others. Scripture doesn't teach that, and Trinitarians don't accept that definition for person. We fully accept that God is a singular entity. We accept that God is singular in Spirit/soul. We don't simply take from that that God is a singular person because Scripture goes out of its way to present personal, eternal distinctions within the Godhead. If you want to use this definition for person, so be it, but you have no justification for insisting we use your definitions because Scripture doesn't require such.

At this point, you devolved into representing your theology as opposed to replying to me. So, I'll leave it at that.

God Bless
The scriptures teach that God is a singular personal entity thus a person or soul not three persons or three souls. God is one singular person not three and does not manifest himself as singular persons though God has relationship roles of his own person.

Trinitarians teach that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God as three persons so that is three God persons. You deny it but I hear from trinitarians all the time and it in the trinity teachings. They have erred and taught what is not in the scriptures.

God bless you.

The scriptures teach that God is a singular personal entity thus a person or soul not three persons or three souls. God is one singular person not three and does not manifest himself as singular persons though God has relationship roles of his own person.

Trinitarians teach that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God as three persons so that is three God persons. You deny it but I hear from trinitarians all the time and it in the trinity teachings. They have erred and taught what is not in the scriptures.

These are your own words: " Trinitarians don't assume "multiple persons means multiple gods." Therefore, those that assume it and twist that assumption don't say "there are three God persons in the one God." You got yourself twisted up on who is assuming what." I have proven that they do!
God bless you.

Back