Who did Jesus give Himself a ransom for ?

I am here, so... no. However, God could end me three seconds from now, and there isn't a single...

(sry, joking a little). There isn't a single thing my free will can do about it. Jesus made this point on at least a couple of occasions.

OK ......

I doubt that, but who knows.
The Greeks. It's how their language works. It also explains why there is no hope for those who both worship the beast and his image, AND take his mark. It's like the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit in a physical, unholy trinity. The beast, his image, and his mark. So, that would be the unpardonable sin, would it not?
I believe when they take the mark, they will be aware of what they are doing. They will be warned.
If we go by scripture, the warning comes AFTER they take the mark. The proclamation of the angels about the mark comes after in Revelation. The question is, if you take the mark, but you hate the beast and his image, does the proclamation for those who BOTH worship the beast and the image AND take his mark, fall on you? Or, is it possible that one such as this could repent and be saved? Or, if they survive until the end, they pass on into the millennial kingdom to populate the world for Satan's final takeover attempt?
The reason why people perish is because they do not want to receive the love of the truth, because they love their sin. That is what the scripture says and while it's hidden amongst some antichrist end time revelation, it is still a fact.
That is not how you handle scripture. There are (well, there should be) other scripture that makes your actual point with you not having to hijack this one. If not, then you are twisting scripture for sure. This is a reason that I say context is everything, as in the aggregate context of all scripture.
Thomas called Jesus Lord and believed and Jesus said you believed, because you saw. He didn't need any special help to see the miracle of the risen Christ before him, just his own eyes, has Jesus said. Total inability is a Calvinist teaching, it's not what I believe. I don't believe someone can become born again, that is an act of God, man does not have that ability, I can agree there.
It is not that Thomas believed in Jesus when he saw him. (This is what happens, once again, when you ignore context.) Thomas believed Jesus rose from the dead when He saw Him. Jesus blessed those among His disciples and others, who believed without having to see Jesus in the flesh (so to speak).
Calvinists claim man is dead, they can't respond, what is the point of sending them a strong delusion to prevent them from doing what they can't do anyway, makes no sense. The strong delusion is that they will believe the antichrist is god and worship him, because of the lying wonders he will do, that is what I suspect it's refering to. So we may have to agree to disagree on that one.
Man is dead, spiritually speaking. Are you going to deny what God told Adam? Why can't God do what He wants? He already told us that He does. He has mercy upon whom He will have mercy, and hardens those whom He will harden. Why would He say that, if people are already hardened until God acts? Because God is telling us that He does as He wants. The delusion is that people will believes lies and deceit that, for a believer, can easily be pointed out as lies and deceit.
Because it's true, isn't it?

The verse is true and does not distort why people perish, they do not love the truth, they love unrighteouness, they love sin.

2 Thessalonians 2:10
and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
So now the gospel is loving the truth, and not Christ? Don't ignore the aggregate of scripture. This passage is not all of scripture together. They rejected the gospel, and so they are not saved.
Now either that verse (bold) is true or it's not? Is that why people perish in their sin? Yes, no? Now if you have a different understanding why people refuse to come to Christ, please show me, with alternative scripture.
You still misinterpret it. There is SO MUCH MORE to what is being said here. You have to look at it in light of all scripture. That is why they say that scripture interprets scripture.

If what you say is correct, then I do not need God or Christ, because I am like a god. Just like Satan told Adam & Eve, right?

Then you will die like men and be judged by God and neither receive salvation.

Psalms 82:5-7 (KJV)
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6 I have said, *Ye are gods*; and all of you are children of the most High.
7 But *ye shall die like men*, and fall like one of the princes.
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Unchecked Copy Box
1Ti 2:4 - Who will have all-men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
God wants “all” men to be saved and provided the means for that to happen if they would not reject Him according to scripture.
Unchecked Copy Box
1Ti 2:5 - For there is oneGod, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Unchecked Copy Box
1Ti 2:6 - Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. Scripture clearly teaches that Jesus gave Himself as a ransom “ for all”. John 3:16 ,17 should be clearer for those who truly want to understand and honor God’s word.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:16 - For God so-loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:17 - For God sent not-his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that-the world through him might be saved.
Matthew 1 says Jesus gave Himself for His people

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

God's people make up every tribe tongue and nation, AKA all men.

Matthew 1 says Jesus gave Himself for His people

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

God's people make up every tribe tongue and nation, AKA all men.
Correct, not just Jews.

“I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness;

I will take you by the hand and keep you;

I will give you as a covenant for the people,

a light for the nations, -
Isaiah 42:6

Back