An Easy Way to Understand Who God Is

Only if one assumes multiple persons means multiple gods. Trinitarians don't assume that. You do and impose that interpretation onto Scripture resulting in confusion.
I know that Trinitarians don't assume that. The mystery to me is why not?

Because, Scripture doesn't allow us to. Scripture teaches, not just our interpretation, Scripture teaches eternal personal distinctions between the Father, Son and Spirit; Scripture teaches the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God; and Scripture teaches there is only one God. Therefore, one must either reject this assumption, or reject Scripture. I reject the former, while you reject the later.

If something quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, the plainest explanation is that it is a duck.

No one is quacking like a duck. I'm not the one who said "Father glorify me with the glory I had with you before the world was." John 17:5. I am not the one who said to Jesus "Sit at my right hand, until I put your enemies under your feet.” Psalm 110:1. I'm not the one who said "I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him." Daniel 7:13. I am not the one who said "No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known." John 1:18. I can go on and on. You can hold to this concept of seems like that to me a human when describing the interworkings of the One, Necessary, Unique, True God, but I would rather not reject Scripture as to make my theology less complicated.

What Trinitarians often do is describe the three persons as though they were three God's, but since the bible says there is one God, then what they describe is just one God. Case closed. Period, Why question such brilliance? Is that how it goes?

When? You say "Trinitarians often do is describe the three persons as though they were three God's", but you don't dare to quote anything? Is this because you know Trinitarians don't actually do this, or are you afraid all of the times you think we do that, you are just misunderstanding us?

Other than the three persons enjoying a perfect "unity", what else do you have in your description of these three persons that would support your claim that they are one God?

Scripture's repeated drumbeat that there is only one God. The difference between us is that we accept everything Scripture says. You shift Scripture through a theological/philosophical screen accepting only parts of Scripture while rejecting the rest. Arians believe Jesus and the Father are so distinct that they are two entities base upon certain passages. You believe in oneness to the extent that you deny any eternal distinction between them based upon other passages. We accept both sets of the passages as to believe they are one God while not rejecting their distinctions. Trinitarianism is the fix between the extremes of Oneness and Arianism. All one has to do is accept that what seems like common sense for those in the human world doesn't necessarily apply to the Divine.

You say that the Father has a literal face that is looking at the other literal face of his Son. This means that they both , at a minimum, have their own faces. Do they share the same body, like a three headed being or do each of the persons have their own bodies? Does the Holy Spirit person also have a face that looks at the Father and Son, or does the Holy Spirit not have a face or is the 3rd person left out of the face to face communications?

I did not say "the Father has a literal face." Stop putting words in my mouth as to lead to more ignorance and confusion.

God Bless

Trinitarians don't assume "multiple persons means multiple gods." Therefore, those that assume it and twist that assumption don't say "there are three God persons in the one God." You got yourself twisted up on who is assuming what.

That is your definition of person imposed onto the text and others. Scripture doesn't teach that, and Trinitarians don't accept that definition for person. We fully accept that God is a singular entity. We accept that God is singular in Spirit/soul. We don't simply take from that that God is a singular person because Scripture goes out of its way to present personal, eternal distinctions within the Godhead. If you want to use this definition for person, so be it, but you have no justification for insisting we use your definitions because Scripture doesn't require such.

At this point, you devolved into representing your theology as opposed to replying to me. So, I'll leave it at that.
The scriptures teach that God is a singular personal entity thus a person or soul not three persons or three souls.

Again, there is no reason to take from "God is a singular personal entity" that God is a person. Argue it all you want, you are just presenting your opinion on how words should be used, and that's a fools errand.

God is one singular person not three and does not manifest himself as singular persons though God has relationship roles of his own person.

More theological assertion based upon nothing but SeventhDay's opinion on how the word person should be used.

Trinitarians teach that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God as three persons so that is three God persons. You deny it but I hear from trinitarians all the time and it in the trinity teachings. They have erred and taught what is not in the scriptures.

Except for the fact that you can't even point out what they said that contradicts anything in Scripture. The only contradiction here is in a disagreement on the definition of the term person. And, such doesn't justify any condemnation.

God Bless

because Scripture goes out of its way to present personal, eternal distinctions within the Godhead.
How so? give an example

"YHWH says to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your foot stool." Psalm 110:1
"No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known." John 1:18.
"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." John 14:16-17.
"And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed." John 17:5;
"I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him." Daniel 7:13.

Is that enough?

God Bless

Greeting brother,
They have erred and taught what is not in the scriptures.
Correct, as here in this statement,
because Scripture goes out of its way to present personal, eternal distinctions within the Godhead.
if there are distinctions within the Godhead concerning ETERNITY, and {person(s) there is ONLY one distinction....... only ONE PERSON have ETERNAL LIFE. so, the bible reproves that statement.

:ninja:

"YHWH says to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your foot stool." Psalm 110:1
lets take this ONE point at a time.
is that not the same ONE person? read verse 5 of the same number, Psalms 110:5. for the ter, "Lord" in verse 5 is the Hebrew word,
H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).

[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

an Emphatic Form of H113, and is Not Lord in Psalms 110: 1 is H113? YES, the SAME one God only there in 110:1, IS THIS CORRECT?

Greeting brother,

Correct, as here in this statement,

if there are distinctions within the Godhead concerning ETERNITY, and {person(s) there is ONLY one distinction....... only ONE PERSON have ETERNAL LIFE. so, the bible reproves that statement.

Father and Son have their own distinctions, but it is just one person, but many cannot understand that. We have to see the way God is in the heavenly realm which is his own state of being which is Spirit. Man understands the natural realm or order but without the Spirit to reveals God as he is we can never know him the way that he is.

God the Father is the Father and Son and yet one person. Humans cannot have relationships in the same way that God can in the natural realm since God made a helpmate for Adam and thus there was a separation.

God is one in person and one in nature which is Spirit and can be in two (and many more) relationships of his own self and these relationships have distinctions. The Father does communicate with the Son and the Son with the Father and yet it is one person doing it. I can understand that one can be confused about that but everything about God is a mystery that needs to be unveiled to us.

God bless you. :)

Last edited:
lets take this ONE point at a time.
is that not the same ONE person? read verse 5 of the same number, Psalms 110:5. for the ter, "Lord" in verse 5 is the Hebrew word,
H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

an Emphatic Form of H113, and is Not Lord in Psalms 110: 1 is H113? YES, the SAME one God only there in 110:1, IS THIS CORRECT?
well DoctrinesofGraceBapt, do you agree with the definition of Psalms 110:1 and Psalms 110:5? yes or no.

Is that not the same ONE person? No. "YHWH says to my Lord" is clearly one person talking to another. Yes, Lord/Adonai can be used for YHWH, but that's the point. Both the divine name and the most prolific title for God are used in such a way to clearly distinguish between them long, long before the incarnation: personal, eternal distinctions between those recognized as God by people like SeventhDay.

God Bless

it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." John 14:16-17.
why leave out verse 18?
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." and he did come on the day of Pentecost, in glorification of his, his, Spirit. see John 17:5.

and also the term Comforter means "advocate" who is the Lord Jesus, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"
and that term advocate is
G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter

see definition #3, comforter. whom the Lord Jesus is, but al;so look at definition #2 intercessor who is our intercessor? let the bible tell us, Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." question, is not God the Spirit whom u calls Father? see John 4:24a

so, we got Jesus as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all at the same time...... this is just too easy not to understand, shall we go on?

Is that not the same ONE person? No. "YHWH says to my Lord" is clearly one person talking to another. Yes, Lord/Adonai can be used for YHWH, but that's the point. Both the divine name and the most prolific title for God are used in such a way to clearly distinguish between them long, long before the incarnation: personal, eternal distinctions between those recognized as God by people like SeventhDay.

God Bless
MY God , did you not read and understand? God is the "Lord" in flesh in the ECHAD of a state of kenosis. the Lord is God's "OWN ARM". listen and Learn. Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm. brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

HIS, HIS, HIS. "OWN ARM?", now who is his "OWN" Arm? read Isaiah chapter 53, and there one can see the ECHAD CLEARLY, by the he, and the Him...... (smile)..... :eek: Yikes!.

"I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him." Daniel 7:13.
the same one person described in Revelation 1:13 "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle." Revelation 1:14 "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;" Revelation 1:15 "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters." Revelation 1:16 "And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength."

Daniel 7:9 "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire."

IT'S the same one person... my God. this is 2 easy not to understand.

the same one person described in Revelation 1:13 "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle." Revelation 1:14 "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;" Revelation 1:15 "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters." Revelation 1:16 "And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength."

Daniel 7:9 "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire."

However, like the son of man represents Jesus with a company of faithful overcomers in Christ.

it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." John 14:16-17.
why leave out verse 18?
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." and he did come on the day of Pentecost, in glorification of his, his, Spirit. see John 17:5.

and also the term Comforter means "advocate" who is the Lord Jesus, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"
and that term advocate is
G3875 παράκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos) n.
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter

see definition #3, comforter. whom the Lord Jesus is, but al;so look at definition #2 intercessor who is our intercessor? let the bible tell us, Romans 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." question, is not God the Spirit whom u calls Father? see John 4:24a

so, we got Jesus as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all at the same time...... this is just too easy not to understand, shall we go on?

Jesus says he will send another Helper/Comforter. Jesus is the old Helper/Comforter. Therefore the new one can't be Jesus, not to mention the use of 3rd person personal pronouns for this other Comforter. Read the text before looking for excuses. This excuse doesn't work. Jesus came back after his resurrection for a little while to give them comfort; Jesus ascended; and then, Jesus sent the other Comforter.

DoctrinesofGraceBapt said:
MY God , did you not read and understand? God is the "Lord" in flesh in the ECHAD of a state of kenosis. the Lord is God's "OWN ARM". listen and Learn. Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm. brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me."

HIS, HIS, HIS. "OWN ARM?", now who is his "OWN" Arm? read Isaiah chapter 53, and there one can see the ECHAD CLEARLY, by the he, and the Him...... (smile)..... :eek: Yikes!.

Do you like leaving passage in question? Psalm 110:1 doesn't say "my God". Talk about abusing Scripture. Jesus only said "my God" while on earth as man. As man, the Father was Jesus' God. No question there. How is that relevant to Jesus as God? Oh yeah, it isn't. "YHWH says to my Lord" is clearly one person talking to another, and you need to deal with what this text says as opposed to running all over Scripture to create other theories while ignoring this verse.

"And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed." John 17:5;
see above post

Referencing a failed response doesn't help your case. John 17:5 presents a clear personal distinction between the Father and Jesus before the world was.

"the same one person described in Revelation 1:13", that's the point. The Son of man is a distinct person from the Father throughout time while they are both the same God. I am a Trinitarian.

God Bless

Jesus says he will send another Helper/Comforter. Jesus is the old Helper/Comforter. Therefore the new one can't be Jesus, not to mention the use of 3rd person personal pronouns for this other Comforter. Read the text before looking for excuses. This excuse doesn't work. Jesus came back after his resurrection for a little while to give them comfort; Jesus ascended; and then, Jesus sent the other Comforter.
first thanks for the reply..... at least you're trying. but since at least you're trying, let's teach u this way for better understanding. the Holy Spirit is the Comforter, correct. and it was the Holy Ghost/Spirit who was in the OT prophets correct, supportive scripture, 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." these prophets spoke "PROPHECY" correct. that';s scripture, now this. the same apostle Peter, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

now brother DoctrinesofGraceBapt, please tell us how many Spirit was in the Prophets of Old, ONE or two, remember it's ONLY "ONE" Spirit.

now either the HOLY SPIRIT/the Comforter is the SAME "SPIRIT" that is the "SPIRIT of CHRIST" who was in the prophets of Old else you have two Spirits, YOUR ANSWER PLEASE.

Do you like leaving passage in question? Psalm 110:1 doesn't say "my God". Talk about abusing Scripture. Jesus only said "my God" while on earth as man. As man, the Father was Jesus' God. No question there. How is that relevant to Jesus as God? Oh yeah, it isn't. "YHWH says to my Lord" is clearly one person talking to another, and you need to deal with what this text says as opposed to running all over Scripture to create other theories while ignoring this verse.

Referencing a failed response doesn't help your case. John 17:5 presents a clear personal distinction between the Father and Jesus before the world was.

"the same one person described in Revelation 1:13", that's the point. The Son of man is a distinct person from the Father throughout time while they are both the same God. I am a Trinitarian.

God Bless
The other comforter is both Father and Son which is Jesus. We have one Spirit inside us not three! God bless you. :)

The other comforter is both Father and Son which is Jesus. We have one Spirit inside us not three! God bless you. :)

I don't want to be mean, but this is not cogent. The Son asks the Father to send another, and the other is the Father and Son together? What are you smoking? Words having meaning, and your response communicates no meaning, nonsense. Scripture says the Son asks the Father to send another; therefore, by all logic, by the meaning of English words, this other isn't the Father, nor the Son, but someone else.

God Bless

first thanks for the reply..... at least you're trying. but since at least you're trying, let's teach u this way for better understanding. the Holy Spirit is the Comforter, correct. and it was the Holy Ghost/Spirit who was in the OT prophets correct, supportive scripture, 2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." these prophets spoke "PROPHECY" correct. that';s scripture, now this. the same apostle Peter, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

now brother DoctrinesofGraceBapt, please tell us how many Spirit was in the Prophets of Old, ONE or two, remember it's ONLY "ONE" Spirit.

now either the HOLY SPIRIT/the Comforter is the SAME "SPIRIT" that is the "SPIRIT of CHRIST" who was in the prophets of Old else you have two Spirits, YOUR ANSWER PLEASE.

Your "better way" is only a better way to deceive people. The text says: "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper/Comforter..." John 14:16. That's the verse in question. That's the verse you have to deal with. Running around quoting verses form all over the Bible doesn't help unless you interact with John 14:16. Asking questions about how you interpret other passages isn't interacting with John 14:16. Deal first with the passage before us. Otherwise, I must assume you are just trying to deceive me by only presenting the parts of Scripture you want me to see.

God Bless

I don't want to be mean, but this is not cogent. The Son asks the Father to send another, and the other is the Father and Son together? What are you smoking? Words having meaning, and your response communicates no meaning, nonsense. Scripture says the Son asks the Father to send another; therefore, by all logic, by the meaning of English words, this other isn't the Father, nor the Son, but someone else.

God Bless
There is the proof! Take heed!

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

This is referring to the Holy Spirit that indwells the believer who is the comforter and includes Father and the Son.

Last edited:

God Bless
and what did the son say right after the request? listen, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"
John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
NOW LISTEN,
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." and he did, on Pentecost.

so the question is HOW WILL HE COME? answer, the very next verses, John 14:19 "Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also." (READ THAT AGAIN, SEE, SEE, SEE, ME, ME, ME). John 14:20 "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." (THAT "DAY" IS PENTECOST). John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

a little while? yes, they saw him, upon his resurrection before returning to heaven. but now, glorified in the Spirit, (per John 17:5). in, in, in, THAT "DAY" which "DAY? the DAY of Pentecost he MANIFEST HIMSELF, HOW? in Spirit, John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?" answer in the Spiritual Gift that was poured out on Pentecost. supportive scripture.
Watch the "MANIFESTATION" of the Spirit which is UNSEEN. that's why the world sees him not .... Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.". and the following verses list the Gifts.

the manifestation Judas ask about is in the Spiritual Gifts which was poured out on the "DAY", DAY, DAY of Pentecost. man, this is 2 easy not 2 understand/ what a revelation.

conclusion, the Lord Jesus is the Comforter now in Spirit. first in Natural Flesh, now Glorified in the Spirit in GLORIFIED FLESH/ this is just 2 easy.

Back