The Foolishness and Arrogance of Mormonism

Mormons change their scriptures and their policies.
Of course, we do. We have continuing revelation so we have an excuse. All other so-called Christian religions don't. Yet their scriptures and policies also continuously change. The inerrant Bible has made several changes which also change meaning. So, was the Bible wrong before or after the changes that you all made?

I bear witness that the senior companion elder who baprized me after six short lessons, told me it was okay to baptize my family members who didn't believe the Mormon church was true.
And I bear witness that no single missionary makes that decision. Investigators go through several interviews before they are baptized to confirm their understanding of the gospel and acceptance of it. No one gets baptized who claims they don't believe it's true.
Here are more recent changes:
And yet, with all those changes, the covenants and the signs and tokens remain the same. The purpose and function has not changed at all.

And I bear witness that no single missionary makes that decision. Investigators go through several interviews before they are baptized to confirm their understanding of the gospel and acceptance of it. No one gets baptized who claims they don't believe it's true.
Many, many have done just that. With all the thousands of baseball and other sports baptisms they did, no one asked if they believed it. They asked if they wanted to play on the team, and told them they had to be baptized first. Most of the parents didn’t even know.

And yet, with all those changes, the covenants and the signs and tokens remain the same. The purpose and function has not changed at all.
Those signs and tokens came from masonry. Are you saying it was God who gave them to the masons? You can’t really believe that, and also believe that masonry doesn’t have anything to do with God.

Many, many have done just that.
Nope. I'm not going to say it never happened, but church policy, if followed would prevent it.
With all the thousands of baseball and other sports baptisms they did, no one asked if they believed it.
Were you there? Were you in the interviews? Your conjecture is based on anti-Mormon propaganda. Sports were used to introduce investigators to people of our faith, but the procedure that led to baptism is standard. And no one who said they didn't believe it was true would be baptized. That doesn't make any sense. If that was the case, why even bother baptizing them, just fill out the forms and claim they're baptized. :rolleyes:

Nope. I'm not going to say it never happened, but church policy, if followed would prevent it.
Why do you think you have some of the policies you have now?

Were you there? Were you in the interviews? Your conjecture is based on anti-Mormon propaganda. Sports were used to introduce investigators to people of our faith, but the procedure that led to baptism is standard. And no one who said they didn't believe it was true would be baptized. That doesn't make any sense. If that was the case, why even bother baptizing them, just fill out the forms and claim they're baptized. :rolleyes:
No, my information was from other missionaries who were involved. And they basically did just fill out the forms. No one in the wards and branches saw those kids at church. There were no interviews. No parents involved. Until after the parents found out, and then there were some very angry parents.

Mormonism and false prophets… not Mormons.
Mormons seem to have difficulty understanding that you and I and Janice, et. al. are not against the Mormon people themselves, because we recognize that they are in spiritual bondage to a false belief system. It is their false belief system and their phony prophets that we are against.

Mormons seem to have difficulty understanding that you and I and Janice, et. al. are not against the Mormon people themselves, because we recognize that they are in spiritual bondage to a false belief system. It is their false belief system and their phony prophets that we are against.

LOL!!! You do realize the "difficulty" of not understanding the so-called "phony prophets" are "Mormon people themselves,"???

Then stop with the sensationalism, it makes you guys look really bad.... discuss doctrine not false shocking made up stories...

Then stop with the sensationalism, it makes you guys look really bad.... discuss doctrine not false shocking made up stories...
There are no “made up stories.” They are real life examples of people carrying out Mormon doctrine and practices.

You haven't provided one iota of evidence the stories are grounded in LDS doctrine. Your stories are just that--your stories.
I forgive you for calling me a liar, and all the other things. But I don’t have to be around you anymore, after years of that. So I’m breaking up with you, elderberrie. It’s just not working between us. I won’t enable your obsessions and abuse anymore. Good luck explaining it to Jesus.

You are now uninvited.

I forgive you for calling me a liar, and all the other things. But I don’t have to be around you anymore, after years of that. So I’m breaking up with you, elderberrie. It’s just not working between us. I won’t enable your obsessions and abuse anymore. Good luck explaining it to Jesus.

I won't have to explain that to Jesus--He already knows those stories aren't grounded in LDS doctrines. I believe that has already been shown by the fact you haven't been able to produce the goods to establish that connection.

Janice Bower said: I bear witness that the senior companion elder who baprized me after six short lessons, told me it was okay to baptize my family members who didn't believe the Mormon church was true.

Could you give us some evidence that claim is LDS doctrine? Both you and Magdalena keep posting stories which are found nowhere in the LDS church doctrines.

I won't have to explain that to Jesus--He already knows those stories aren't grounded in LDS doctrines. I believe that has already been shown by the fact you haven't been able to produce the goods to establish that connection.
I wish she would block me too!

There are no “made up stories.” They are real life examples of people carrying out Mormon doctrine and practices.
Then please stick with the real life stories of actual members.... and the truth about what we really teach...

Back