The problem with the American elite

Thistle

The elite of the Democrat Party want to destroy the country. The elite of the Republican Party want to meet them halfway.

Case in point, the Orwellianly named "respect for marriage act."

Last edited:
Charles Koch said both headed in the same direction. The leftists moving faster.
Right the Democrat elitist want to destroy the country yesterday where the Republicans want to take six years. I must admit that I was surprised that the elitist Republicans decided to stab the Republican voters in the heart before they actually take control of the house. This must be some kind of a new speed record in treachery.

The elite of the Democrat Party want to destroy the country. The elite of the Republican Party want to meet them halfway.

What are your objections to the Respect for Marriage Act? Is it just that you don't want homosexual marriages to be recognized by the federal government or something else?

Right the Democrat elitist want to destroy the country yesterday where the Republicans want to take six years. I must admit that I was surprised that the elitist Republicans decided to stab the Republican voters in the heart before they actually take control of the house. This must be some kind of a new speed record in treachery.
Somebody’s waking up!

How is it their business?
Tax. Married people are treated differently from single people in the tax systems, both Federal and State. "Render unto Caesar" makes tax a secular area, not a religious area.

Tax. Married people are treated differently from single people in the tax systems, both Federal and State.

How is unequal treatment constitutional?

"Render unto Caesar" makes tax a secular area, not a religious area.

I didn't mention religion.

With your reasoning they can make pretty much everything their business.

Limited government?

gay marriage was legalized and my life did not change one bit

So you think legalizing SSM will "destroy the country"? Can you connect those dots?

What are your objections to the Respect for Marriage Act? Is it just that you don't want homosexual marriages to be recognized by the federal government or something else?
First of all, they're not marriages. You do great harm to everyone when you make people affirm falsehood. At a practical level it means that the government has to dictate the interpretation of Christian scriptures which is from the standpoint of the first amendment an impossibility.

Somebody’s waking up!
I recognize the problem, but if you're going to barrel toward the edge of the cliff, it's a lot better to go 5 miles an hour than 95 miles an hour, which is the practical advantage in voting for Republicans.

gay marriage was legalized and my life did not change one bit
That's because you're a sniveling coward whose life is dictated by the expectations of nut cases. If you were actually a man of courage who stood on principle you would notice a difference.

First of all, they're not marriages. You do great harm to everyone when you make people affirm falsehood. At a practical level it means that the government has to dictate the interpretation of Christian scriptures which is from the standpoint of the first amendment an impossibility.
The Christian scriptures do not have the sole right to define marriage, especially in a secular nation like the USA.

That's because you're a sniveling coward whose life is dictated by the expectations of nut cases. If you were actually a man of courage who stood on principle you would notice a difference.
So what difference did the legalization of SSM make in your life? Was your marriage suddenly invalidated? Did gay couples buy up the houses in your neighborhood and keep inviting you to block parties?

Back