The Lord is Coming to Punish the Godless

Keraz

The Lord will punish the godless

Isaiah 26:20-21 Go, My people, withdraw for a little while, until the Lord’s wrath has passed. The Lord is coming to punish the wicked and apostate peoples of the earth. All sins will be exposed and brought to light. Isaiah 66:15-17

Isaiah 27:1-12 On that Day, the Lord will punish with His powerful sword Leviathan, that twisting serpent. He will kill the monster of the deep.

On that Day, sing of the fruitful vineyard – I the Lord am its keeper. I tend it constantly, but I get no fruit from it. If only it were briars and thorns, then I would not hesitate to destroy it. But if they
[Christian Israelites] come to Me for refuge, I will let them make peace with Me. In a time to come, Jacob’s posterity will prosper and Israel will flourish. They will fill the whole earth with fruit. Galatians 3:26-29

Has the Lord struck Israel, as He killed their enemies? No, the atonement for Jacob’s guilt is made by their sojourn in exile. All the idol worshipping altars and sacred objects will be destroyed.

The fortified cities lie abandoned. Animals graze there and the trees are dead, good only for firewood. For they were a people without understanding, so their Maker will show them no favour.

On that Day, the Lord will thresh the grain from the Euphrates to the Wadi of Egypt and you, My Israelite people, will be gathered one by one. On that Day, a Great Trumpet will sound and those who were exiled in Assyria and Egypt will come to worship the Lord in Jerusalem.
Ref: REB, NIV some verses abridged

The Lord is coming to punish the wicked… and expose all sins’. This event is not to be confused with the Return in glory, where ‘He gathers His elect’, after the Great Tribulation. Matthew 24:31 It will be the fulfilment of: Isaiah 66:15-18a, The Lord is coming in fire…He will test all mankind, for He knows their deeds and thoughts.

And 2 Peter 3:7-12 The present heavens and earth are reserved for burning…kept until the Day when the godless will be destroyed…All the earth will be brought to judgement. He will not be seen on that Day: Psalms 18:11, Psalms 97:1-7, Hab. 3:4, and ‘the wicked will perish’ – Psalm 37:10-20, Hebrews 10:27. He will cleanse all the holy land – Isaiah 9:18-19, Ezekiel 30:1-5 and purge His people of unrighteousness – Ezekiel 20:34-38, Isaiah 1:24-25, 1 Cor.3:11-15

The Lord’s wrath’, the terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath. Rev. 6:12-17, Isaiah 13:9-13, Joel 1:15-20, Zephaniah 3:8, 2 Peter 3:7 The Lord’s Day of judgement/punishment against His enemies, who are led by Satan referred to here as a serpent.

The Lord’s fruitful vineyard’, Israel. If they acknowledge and trust God, He will save them. Joel 2:32 Israel- that is of all the 12 tribes, plus those who are grafted in and are judged righteous will be ‘gathered one by one’ and settled into the Land. They will be ‘a light to the nations’ and will send out 144,000 missionaries to proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Isaiah 66:19, Revelation 7:1-9

The atonement for Jacob’s guilt is made by their time in exile’. The sins of the forefathers are expiated by the long exile of their descendants. Isaiah 10:27, Isaiah 40:1-2

The whole area is abandoned’. All the holy Land is devastated and virtually depopulated after the Day of wrath. Rev. 6:12-17 The trees are burned and killed because of this fire judgement, that will be a CME sunstrike. Isaiah 30:22-28, Malachi 4:1&3 , Psalms 60:2, Isaiah 32:12-14

For they were a people without understanding’. This refers to the current atheistic, apostate and idol worshipping inhabitants of the Land. Isaiah 3:8-9, Jeremiah 12:14, Luke 19:27

The great Trumpet will sound’, All righteous people, who love the Lord, need to be prepared for a time, soon after the Lord’s Day of wrath, for when the Call comes to go to and gather in the Promised Land. Psalms 107, Isaiah 11:11-12, Zechariah 9:14-17

You Israelites will be gathered one by one’. On that Day, all the world will be judged. Only a remnant will be saved in Israel. But then all the faithful Christian exiles from Assyria [the 10 Northern tribes] and Egypt [Judah] will regather in the holy Land. Zechariah 10:8-11

Doom is fast approaching The 2000 year Church age is nearly over.

Deuteronomy 32:34-35 & 43 I have sealed up in My storehouses, punishments against My enemies, till the Day of vengeance and wrath, at the moment their foot slips. For the Day of their downfall is near, their doom is fast approaching. Y’hovah will punish those who hate Him and cleanse His peoples Land.

Isaiah 2:21 On that Day, the Lord will arise and strike the world with terror.

Isaiah 13:1-8 My troops, eager for victory, with the weapons of the Lord’s wrath.

Jeremiah 4:20 Crash follow crash, for the whole land goes down in ruin. Suddenly my tents are thrown down, my coverings in an instant.

Isaiah 66:6 The noise and distress that you hear, is the Lord dealing retribution to His foes.

Psalms 110:1-6 In glorious majesty He judges the nations, shattering heads throughout the wide earth.

Judgement of fire A coronal mass ejection from the sun will strike the earth:

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all arrogant evildoers will be as stubble, they will be destroyed in a fiery blaze.

Isaiah 29:5-6 Suddenly, in an instant, punishment will come, storms, earthquakes and a flame of devouring fire.

Isaiah 66:16 The Lord will judge with fire and sword, many will be slain by Him.

Ezekiel 21:28 A sword of slaughter will flash like lightening.

Isaiah 10:17-19 Sudden destruction. As sudden as someone falling in a fit.

Psalms 21:8-9 Your hand will reach all Your enemies, all who hate You. In Your anger, You will engulf them as in a fiery furnace and fire will consume them.

Ezekiel 20:47-48 Say to the Land: I am about to kindle a fire in you, it will consume all flammable material, its fiery flame cannot be put out and everyone will be scorched by it.

Destroyed at the moment of attack

Amos 5:9 He makes destruction flash forth against the mighty.

Psalm 140:9 When those who beset me raise their heads, may their conspiracies engulf them.

Habakkuk 3:14 You pierce their leaders with Your arrows, they are swept away by a whirlwind as they open their jaws to secretly devour their victims.

Psalms 37:12-15 The wicked have drawn their swords and strung their bows, to slaughter the righteous. Their weapons will cut their own hearts and their bows will be shattered.

Psalms 7:12-16 The enemy prepares to attack, he has conceived mischief and given birth to lies. He has dug a deep pit, but he himself will fall into it.

Psalms 9:15-17 The wicked are trapped in their own devices. The wicked depart to Sheol, all the nations who are heedless of the Lord.
Ref: REB. Verses abridged

The scenario:
Nuclear tipped missiles are prepared for launching. At the moment the firing button is pressed, a massive CME strikes the area. The highly charged particles cause the bombs and the missiles to explode on the ground.

People who think that life on our earth can continue as it is indefinitely are in denial of the reality that confronts us every day in the news about nations preparing for war and the increasing proliferation of natural disasters.

In many areas of the world at this time, there are countries with populations that exceed the capability of their land to feed them. This is especially apparent in the Middle East and now with governmental policies in many of these nations, the regimes find themselves unable to fulfill the aspirations of their youthful populations. In their desperation to divert the anger of their hungry and unsatisfied peoples, these leaders will point to a scapegoat as the cause of their troubles. We already hear the leaders of Iran doing this and it is the State of Israel who is ‘the cancer in the midst of the Islamic lands’, that must be got rid of, then they assure their people; all will be well.

For anyone who looks at the success rate of diplomatic efforts to resolve international threats, it will be evident that an aggressive nation simply uses that process to buy time in their preparations for war. The Islamic code of Al Takkaya means that they are allowed, even encouraged, to use untruths and to abrogate treaties in order to advance their cause. But the intentions of Iran and its allies, have been made abundantly clear, they say: ‘We will wipe them out as a nation, Israel will be remembered no more’.

The amazing thing about this quote, is that it was written more that 3000 years ago as a prophecy and now, in the Bible we can read it in Psalms 83:4. This Psalm lists the people groups who plot against Israel and it goes on to prophesy how those enemies will be vanquished, as the opponents of ancient Israel were.

The Bible consists of approximately one third of prophetic scripture. That which has been fulfilled proves its accuracy and the inspired revelation of the ancient prophets.

Now, we are very close to the time when the Creator God will act once again on the earth and the very many prophecies about the end of this age will take place.

Jeremiah 12:1-13 Lord, I plead my case before You, even though I know that You are right. Why do the unrighteous prosper? They grow and bear fruit, Your precepts are ever on their lips, yet far from their hearts. You know me, Lord, You see me, test my devotion to You and judge those who are unfaithful, I ask.

How long must the ungodly peoples desecrate Your Land? They say; “God does not see what we do”. Your righteous people cannot compete with those who despise them. Even so called friends turn against us: they are untrustworthy.

I have abandoned Israel and given My beloved people into the power of their enemies. They broke our covenant, so I turned My face from them

The leaders of Israel have made My pleasant Land a desolation, to My sorrow. Evil peoples have taken over the Land from end to end, there is no peace for anyone. Whatever these people do, their harvest is a disappointment because of the Lord’s anger.

Jeremiah 12:14-17 These are the Words of the Lord about all those evil neighbours who have encroached onto the land which I allotted to My people, Israel, as their holding: I shall uproot them. Also, I shall uproot Judah from among them, but after I have uprooted them, I shall have pity on them and bring them back to the Land. IF they will learn the ways of My people, THEN Judah can establish families among My people. But any nation that will not listen, I will destroy. Reference; REB. Some verses abridged.

Lord, bring on Your judgement….. Many people profess to follow You, but true Christianity is far from their hearts. Isaiah 1:18-20, Romans 10:9-10, Isaiah 48:1-2.

Your true Christian peoples are persecuted and oppressed… 1 John 3:13-14, 1 Peter 1:6

Test my devotion to You…. Everyone will face trials and testing. Luke 21:35, 1 Peter 4:12 If we stand firm, the Lord promises protection. Psalms 23:4, Isaiah 41:13, Isaiah 43:2

The ancient Israelites broke the Covenant and so were exiled out of the holy Land and dispersed. Jeremiah 7:15 Jeremiah 2:7, Ezekiel 36:16-19, Amos 9:9

The atheistic, apostate and false religion followers…. who mostly inhabit the entire area of the holy Land at present, are an anathema to God. There can be no peace or prosperity like this. This is our situation today. Psalms 74:20, Ezekiel 36:3-7.

All the evil neighbours will be removed from all of the holy Land. Judah, too will be uprooted. Obadiah 1:12-16, Amos 2:4-6, Ezekiel 21:4

The condition for any Jews to come back again, is that they acknowledge the Messiah Jesus and follow the way of Christianity. Isaiah 26:8-10, Jeremiah 13:11, 1 John 2:22-23, Zephaniah 1:12

Any people group that refuses to listen will be destroyed….. Isaiah 1:27-28, Isaiah 66:15-17, Hebrews 10:26-27, Isaiah 66:24 & 15-17

The Land of Israel is the heritage of the Lord’s faithful Christian believers, now the righteous Israelites of God. Galatians 6:16 They will gather and settle there, Psalms 107:1-3, after the Lord clears and cleanses the Land, as He says He will in verse 14. Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Zephaniah 1:1-18, Isaiah 35:1-10, Revelation 6:12-17

The Future of Jewish Israel:

As we comes closer to a showdown between Iran and the Western world, over Iran’s overt and now successful nuclear program, we Bible believing Christians should look closely at what we are told by the Bible Prophets.

God has given us much information about what will happen when Iran and their allies try to attack Israel and America, as they have plainly said they intend to do.
The best description of what the Lord will do at the moment of attack is:

Psalms 7:12-16 The enemy sharpens his sword again, strings his bow and makes it ready. It is against himself that he has prepared his deadly shafts and tipped his arrows with fire, he is in concert with iniquity, he has conceived mischief and given birth to lies.
The enemy has dug a pit and made it deep, but he himself will fall into the pit he has made. His nefarious plans will recoil upon himself and the violence he planned for others, will fall upon his own head.
Joel 3:4

This scenario is confirmed by Jeremiah 49:35-37 and Ezekiel 32:24-25

However, the fulfilment of these Prophesies will also result in disaster for all the peoples in the Middle East, including Judah, now represented by the Jewish State of Israel, living in a small part of the holy Land.

Ezekiel 30:1-3 ….. the peoples of Egypt, Cush, Put and Libya, and the Arabs, will fall by the Sword of the Lord on His Day of Reckoning.

Zephaniah 1:4 I shall stretch My hand over Judah, over all who live in Jerusalem, I shall wipe out their false worship, ….erasing all memory of them.

Zephaniah 1:14-18 The great Day of the Lord is near and is fast approaching. …..a day of dire distress upon the people, because of their sins against the Lord……
Nothing will save them from the fire of His retribution and vengeance, the whole Land will be affected, for He will make a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the Land.

Amos 2:4-5 For crime after crime of Judah, I shall grant them no reprieve, because they have spurned the Word of the Lord and have not observed His decrees…….
Therefore I will send fire upon Judah and Jerusalem will be destroyed.

Jesus made it clear too:
Matthew 8:12 Those who are born into the Kingdom will be thrown out…..

Matthew 21:43 I tell you: the Kingdom will be taken from you Jews ……

Revelation 2:9….those who claim to be Jews, but are not as they are really a synagogue of Satan.

Isaiah 29:1-4 tells us how a faithful remnant of Christian Jews, will survive the disaster which the Lord will send that will clear and cleanse the entire Middle East. Deuteronomy 32:43, Romans 9:27

Bible Prophecy is sure: this will all happen as Written. We are the generation who will see it all and for a Bible believer to not be aware of it: is very unfortunate and may result in some difficulty and a loss for them.

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all the arrogant and evildoers will be as stubble – that Day will burn them up, leaving them neither root nor branch.

Amos 5:18-20 Woe betide those who long for the Day of the Lord. What will that Day mean for you? It will be darkness, not light. It will be as when someone runs from a lion, only to be confronted by a bear, or as when he leans on a wall and is bitten by a snake. The Day of the Lord is indeed darkness, not light. In no way is this about the Return of Jesus.

Zephaniah 1:14-18 The great Day of the Lord is near and coming fast, no runner is so swift as that Day. That Day is a Day of wrath, of anguish and torment, a Day of destruction and devastation, a Day of darkness and cloud, a Day of trumpet blasts and battle cries against fortifications. I shall bring dire distress on people, they will walk like the blind because of their sins against Me. Their blood will be poured out, their dead bodies like dung. Neither their silver or gold will avail to save them on the Day of the Lord’s wrath. By the fire of His jealousy, the whole land will be consumed, for He will make a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the land. This is also the “third swing of the sword” Ezekiel 21:8-16, the final judgement of Judah and cannot be at the Return.

Psalms 37:20 The enemies of the Lord will perish like fuel in a furnace, they will go up in smoke.

Isaiah 9:18-19 Wicked men have been set ablaze, like a fire fed with thorn bushes. They are wrapped in a pall of smoke, the land is scorched by the fury of the Lord and the people are fuel for the fire.

Isaiah 24:19-20 The earth is shattered, it is convulsed and reels wildly. The earth lurches like a drunkard and sways like a watchman’s shelter, because the sins of its inhabitants weigh heavily upon it, and it falls to rise no more.
falls, to rise no more’, from the chapter context, this is not complete or permanent, therefore the world recovers from it.

Revelation 6:12-17 I watched as the Lamb broke the Sixth Seal. There was a violent earthquake, the sun turned black and the moon red. The starry host [satellites?] fell to the earth, like figs blown off the tree and the sky rolled up like a scroll. All peoples were terrified and hid themselves, calling out: Who can hide us from the One who sits on the Throne and the wrath of the Lamb? For their great Day of vengeance and wrath has come and who can stand? Isaiah 34:4

Isaiah 2:12-22 The Lord has a Day of doom prepared, for all the proud and ungodly peoples. He alone, will be exalted on that Day. Everyone will throw away their idols and their money, they will crawl into hiding places when He comes to strike the world with terror. Ref: REB. Some verses abridged

All these verses listed above match with the Sixth Seal, an event that takes place before all the other Revelation happenings, such as the trumpet and Bowl judgements, the beasts, the fall of mystery Babylon and the rescue of the ‘Woman’. As it can be shown, the first five seal judgements have already been opened, therefore the next prophesied event that we can expect in our world will be the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath – a powerful and terrible judgement, by fire from the sun, that will destroy His enemies. This will make ‘a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the Land’, that is all the area from the Nile to the Euphrates, when enemies commence their attack on Israel. ‘all peoples will be terrified’, this will affect all the world and enable the formation of a One World government, also the gathering of the Christian Israelites into all of the holy Land. Ref: logostelso.info

Recoil upon their own heads:

Psalms 7:1-5 Lord my God, in You I find refuge, protect me from my pursuers, those who want to kill me. I have not stained my hands with guilt or committed any evil deed, if I had – let my enemy come and trample my honour into the dust.

Psalms 7:6-11 Arise, Lord, in Your anger, rouse Yourself in wrath against those who oppose Your servants. You who ordained that justice must be done, awake now! Let the peoples come, You that sit on high and pass sentence on the nations. Uphold the cause of Your righteous servants, Your innocent people. You, who search the hearts and minds of everyone, support the righteous and contain the wicked. Rely on the Lord to shield us, He saves the honest, in His righteous anger He will judge justly.

Psalms 7:12-16 The enemy prepares his weapons and makes ready to attack. It is against himself that his deadly shafts tipped with fire, will recoil upon. The godless are in partnership with the devil, plotting mischief and conceiving lies. They work hard at their plans to cause the downfall of God’s people, but what they have prepared will fall upon their own heads. Obadiah 15, Hab. 3:14, Isaiah 8:9-10

David, the psalmist/prophet, states his innocence. He asks that the Lord, in His righteousness will ‘pass sentence on the godless nations’ and give him refuge and protection. Psalms 24:3-5

Verses 12-16 seem to be entirely end time prophecy, as what is described here did not happen to David. Now, in these times, we have real ‘deadly shafts tipped with fire’: nuke tipped missiles. The enemies are fanatical Islamists and political extremists, who plot nothing less than the domination of the world. Any means of achieving that goal is permissible to them and now population pressure coupled with natural disasters, creating land and resource shortages, is making some kind of extreme action inevitable.

They are ‘in partnership with the devil’, he will motivate them to attack Israel.

‘’They will fall into the pit of their own making“ the Lord will act at the moment of attack by the means of a coronal mass ejection, that will strike initially with a high powered electromagnetic pulse, [this may cause the effect described as ‘the sky rolled up like a scroll’] making weapons even hidden underground to explode. In fact, some of the prophecies about the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, specifically say that the military power of the nations will be destroyed. Psalms 46:9, Psalms 76:3, Jeremiah 49:35, Jeremiah 50:23 & 30, Amos 5:9, Joel 3:4

Psalms 58:11 It will be said: There is after all reward for the righteous and there is after all a God who dispenses justice on earth.

Psalms 7:17 I shall praise the Lord for His righteousness and sing praises to His Name.
Reference: Revised English Bible. Some verses condensed.

Isaiah 28:21 The Lord will arise as He did on Mt Perazim, [1 Chron. 14:11] and storm with rage as He did in the valley of Gibeon, [Joshua 10:9-15] to do what He must do, to perform a strange and alien task.

Isaiah 29:5 Suddenly, in an instant the horde of your enemies will crumble into dust, punishment will come from the Lord, with thunder, earthquakes, with storm and tempest and flames of devouring fire.

Isaiah 13:6-13 Cry out: for the Day of the Lord is at hand, it will come in a mighty destruction. Fear will grip everyone, men will lose courage at the coming disaster. That cruel Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath is coming to reduce all the earth to a desolation and to destroy the evil and godless people on it. It will be a Day of darkness, on the day that the Lord brings disaster onto the world and due punishment to the wicked. He will put an end to arrogance and will humble the pride of the ruthless. Humans will become as scarce as fine gold, on the Day that the heavens will be moved and the earth shaken from its place, at the wrath of the Lord, in the Day of His blazing anger.
Ref. REB, some verses abridged.

As Isaiah tells us: The Lord has in the past acted to destroy His enemies and now: once again, He will take action and instigate His fiery punishment.
Isaiah 42:14 Long have I restrained Myselfnow I groan like a woman in labour. I shall lay to waste the earth and cause the streams and lakes to dry up. Isaiah 59:18, Isaiah 63:1-6, Isaiah 64:1-2, Psalms 68:1-2, Jer. 12:14, Deuteronomy 32:26-43

The Lord will arise, to perform a strange task – to punish His enemies, the attackers of Israel and to humble the godless. Micah 4:11-12

Punishment will come from the Lord – not a nuclear war or anything instigated by man, but God controlled, triggered by an Islamic attack onto Israel. Psalms 83, Isaiah 21:2 & 22:6

Suddenly, in an instant – This is the event that ‘will come like a thief’, unexpectedly.

earthquakes – Earthquakes will be caused by the microwave effect of the electromagnetic pulse in a huge Coronal Mass Ejection. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, Revelation 6:12-17

devouring fire – The fireball of the high temperature cosmic plasma of a CME.

the Day of the Lord is at hand – This is the logical result of most of mankind’s rejection of God and His Laws. Hebrews 10:27

Fear will grip everyone – This sudden and shocking event will terrify all those people unaware of God’s plans. Ezekiel 7:15-19

a mighty destruction, to reduce the earth to desolation – A worldwide disaster.

a day of darkness – The approaching mass from the sun will obscure it, also smoke from city and forest fires and ash from volcanoes.

Humans will become scarce – Millions will die from the initial strike and millions more from famine afterwards. Jeremiah 9:22

the heavens move – the magnetosphere and the atmosphere will be pushed aside at the impact area; the Middle East. Ezekiel 30:1-5, Isaiah 34:4, Rev. 6:14

the earth will shake from its place – the hit from this CME may cause the earth’s orbit to speed up, thereby giving us a 360 day year, which is the prophetic year. Isaiah 24:1

His blazing anger – It is appropriate that the Lord will use the sun, our life sustainer, to judge mankind. Deut. 32:34-35 A CME solar flare perfectly and literally fulfils all the prophesied effects, but it will quickly pass by, leaving the world to recover. A world that will never be the same again and the stage will be set for all the other prophesied things to happen before the Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign.

You started this thread in July and no one but yourself has posted in it untill now.Do you visit your own threads and post in them so as to try to keep them relevant?
I could understand if others were posting in it as well but it's only been you posting in it since July.

You started this thread in July and no one but yourself has posted in it untill now.Do you visit your own threads and post in them so as to try to keep them relevant?
I could understand if others were posting in it as well but it's only been you posting in it since July.
Only 8 posts, each giving the Biblical truth of the Prophetic Word. Why do you object? What about a useful comment?

Every day is a day closer to when this will happen:

Isaiah 13:9 The Day of the Lord is coming, a cruel Day of wrath and fierce anger, to reduce the earth to desolation and to destroy all the wicked there.
1 Samuel 2:10 Those who oppose the Lord will be terrified, when He strikes from the heavens.

2 Samuel 22:8-16 The earth shakes from the Lord’s burning anger. He comes, with fiery arrows.

Psalms 11:6 He will rain fiery coals onto the wicked, scorching winds will strike them.

Psalms 18:13 The Lord thunders from the heavens amid a hail of glowing coals.

Psalm 21:9 The anger of the Lord will engulf His enemies in a fiery furnace, it will consume them.

Psalms 79:5-6 Pour out Your wrath on godless nations. Your fury will blaze like fire.

Psalms 97:2-5 Cloud enfolds Him, fire goes ahead and consumes His enemies.

Psalm 144:5-6 Part the heavens and come down, make smoke and send Your arrows far and wide.

Isaiah 2:12&21 The Lord has a Day of doom for the ungodly. He will arise and strike with terror.

Isaiah 4:4b The Lord will cleanse Jerusalem, with His judgement burning like fire.

Isaiah 9:18-19 Wicked people will burn, the land scorched and the people fuel for the fire.

Isaiah 10:17 The Light of Israel will become a fire, in one Day it will burn up His enemies.

Isaiah 13:6 Wail, for the Day of the Lord is at hand, devastation from the Almighty.

Isaiah 21:1 A Day of storms, sweeping through the wilderness, from a land of terror.

Isaiah 22:5 For the Lord has ordained a Day of tumult, a Day of woe and disaster in the world.

Isaiah 24:1 Beware, the Lord is about to strip the earth and scatter its inhabitants.

Isaiah 26:21 The Lord is coming from His dwelling place to punish peoples for their sins.

Isaiah 28:21-22 The Lord will arise and storm with rage, destruction is decreed upon the earth.

Isaiah 30:26a The sun will shine with seven times its normal strength on that Day.

Isaiah 34:2-4 The Lord’s anger is against all the nations, they are given over to slaughter. The sky will be rolled up like a scroll and their host [satellites] will fall like ripe figs.

Isaiah 42:13-15 The Lord will go forth like a warrior, He will lay waste to the earth.

Isaiah 51:6...the sky will be dispersed like smoke and the people will die like flies.

Isaiah 54:16 It was I who created the destroyer- with coals of fire, to deal out havoc.

Isaiah 63:4-6 I resolved on a Day of vengeance, I shattered nations in My fury.

Isaiah 64:1-2 When You tear apart the heavens, fire blazes and water boils.

Isaiah 66:15 The Lord will judge with fire, testing all mankind and many will be slain by Him.

Jeremiah 4:7 The Destroyer of nations has risen from His lair, cities will be waste and empty.

Jeremiah 9:21-22 Death has come to our towns, corpses lie like dung in the streets.

Jeremiah 12:14 I shall uproot the evil neighbours from My peoples Land, Judah too I will uproot.

Jeremiah 25:30-31 The Lord roars from on high, heard everywhere – the godless peoples will die.

Jeremiah 30:23 See what a scorching wind goes out, it whirls around the heads of the wicked.

Ezekiel 20:47 I am about to light a fire, it’s fiery flame will not be put out.

Ezekiel 21:3 & 28 I shall draw My sword of judgement and kill the righteous and wicked alike from the Negev northward. A sword drawn for slaughter, flashing like lightning.

Ezekiel 22:20As metal is melted in the crucible, so I shall gather you in My anger and refine you

Ezekiel 30:3-8 A Day is near, the Day of the Lord, a Day of doom and reckoning for the nations.

Hosea 8:14 Israel and Judah have forgotten their Maker, I shall send fire to burn their cities.

Hosea 9:7 The Day of punishment and wrath has come. Because of your guilt no one can see it.

Hosea 10:14 The tumult of disaster will rise against peoples, fortresses will be overthrown.

Joel 1:15 The Day is near, it comes – a mighty destruction from the Lord.

Joel 2:11 The Lord thunders as he leads the host. Great and terrible is the Day, who can endure it?

Amos 1:1-15 I shall send fire on Damascus, Gaza, Tyre, Edom and Ammon.

Amos 2:1-16 I shall send fire on Moab and Judah. Of Israel- their bravest warriors will flee.

Amos 5:17 There will be wailing in every vineyard, for I shall pass through your midst.

Amos 8:2-3 On that Day, I shall judge Israel, so many corpses laying everywhere.

Amos 8:8-9 On that Day, the sun will darken at noon and the earth will quake like ocean waves.

Obadiah 15 The Day of the Lord is at hand for all the peoples, their deeds will recoil on them.

Micah 1:3-4 Even now, the Lord is leaving His dwelling place, He comes down with fire.

Micah 4:11-12 Now, many nations are massed against Zion, they are gathered for the threshing.

Micah 5:10-11 On that Day, I will destroy your military and devastate your cities.

Nahum 1:1-3 The Lord is a God of vengeance, He will not let the guilty escape punishment.

Habakkuk 3:13-14 You go out to save Your people, You shatter the wicked, they are swept away.

Zephaniah 1:3 I shall destroy humans and animals, I shall bring the godless to their knees.

Zephaniah 2:2 Seek the Lord, seek righteousness, it may be you will be sheltered on that Day.

Zephaniah 3:8 Wait for the Day, when I stand up and accuse the nations and pour out My burning anger upon the whole world.

Haggai 2:6 & 22 In a little while, I shall shake the heavens and the earth, I will break the power of the heathen realms.

Zechariah 9:14 The Lord will appear over them, His arrows will flash, with trumpet and storms.

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all the godless will be as stubble, set ablaze.

Luke 21 :25-26 Signs will appear in the sky. People will stand helpless in fear of what is coming.

Hebrews 10:27 For the godless, there is only the terrifying expectation of judgement, of a fierce fire that will consume the Lord’s enemies.

2 Peter 3:10 The Day of the Lord will come unexpectedly. On that Day, the heavens will disappear with a great rushing sound, the elements dissolved in flames and the earth with all that is in it will be brought to judgement.

Revelation 6:12-14 The Lamb broke the sixth seal. There was a violent earthquake, the sun turned black, the stars [satellites] fell to the earth like ripe figs, the sky rolled up like a scroll and every mountain and island was dislodged from its place.
Ref: Revised English Bible, some verses abridged.

These 72 Bible verses are most of those which describe the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. They are quite different and separate from what happens at the Day of the Sovereign Lord, Revelation 16:4, that is at the return of Jesus. It is obvious that this terrible Day is before the Return, as ‘He will arise, He comes down, dense cloud enfolds Him’, etc. Psalms 11:4-6, Psalms 18:7-12 It is not and cannot be a manmade event, such as a nuclear exchange, that would not cause all the effects described and would leave radiation pollution in the Land.

This Day is the means whereby the Lord judges the nations, not individuals, as at the Great White Throne, much later and it is mainly those nations and entities that commence an attack upon the State of Israel. It is the fulfilment of Psalms 83 and Micah 4:11-12.

All of the Land promised to the Patriarchs will be cleansed and depopulated, excepting for a protected remnant of Jews in Jerusalem. Isaiah 4:5, Isaiah 37:31-32, Daniel 12:1

This event will allow the second Exodus to take place – all those whom the Lord will call – His people, those righteous ones who love and obey Him: every born again Christian, will travel to the new country of Beulah, to live there in peace, security and great prosperity.
Ezekiel 36, Jeremiah 30, Romans 9:24-26

‘Many’ of them will agree to a seven year peace treaty with the World leader, but he will break it by coming to Jerusalem and enthroning himself in the Temple. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

Half of the Christians, those who did not agree to the treaty, will be taken to a place of safety for 3½ years – the duration of the Great Tribulation. Then the Lord Jesus Returns, to reign for 1000 years.

Back