What is the salvific effect of the Last Supper?

Acts 9:31-32 The CHURCH THROUGHOUT all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria was at peace. It was being built up and walked in the fear of the Lord, and with the consolation of the holy Spirit it grew in numbers.

As PETER was passing THROUGH EVERY REGION, he went down to the holy ones living in Lydda.
So what? There were local churches in many towns. And? Where is the rcc in those verses? Nowhere thats where.

Acts 9:31-32 The CHURCH THROUGHOUT all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria was at peace. It was being built up and walked in the fear of the Lord, and with the consolation of the holy Spirit it grew in numbers.

As PETER was passing THROUGH EVERY REGION, he went down to the holy ones living in Lydda.

Ain't you all proud.

Error was being taught to and by the church, while john was still alive, hence Jesus' scathing rebuke.

Revelation 1:4
"To the seven churches in the province of Asia:"

Revelation 2:
Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first.

Revelation 2:14-15
Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin so that they ate food sacrificed to idols and committed sexual immorality. 15 Likewise, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans.

Revelation 2:20
Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.

Revelation 3:1
These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.

Revelation 3:14-15
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot.

Revelation 3:17
You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

Thats quite Christian. This is catholic;

all creatures who serve God ought also to serve Mary; for all angels and men, and all things that are in heaven and on earth being subject to the dominion of God, are also subject to the dominion of the gloious Virgin.

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 26

it must also be true that only through Mary can we hope for and obtain this great gift of perseverance. And we certainly shall obtain it, if, with confidence, we always ask it of Mary. She herself promises this grace to all those who serve her faitlifully in this life.|

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 90

because the Virgin does not save all sinners, but only those who serve and honor her.

Ligouri; The Glories of Mary pp 232

Thats a fraction of what i could post. Catholics do not, by their own words and actions serve only God. Which by definition makes the rcc outside of the one true church.
You have once again pointed out the striking difference between what scripture writes and what the RCC teaches and believes. They add Mary into the picture whereas God never put Mary into the picture at all.

Arch Stanton said:
and Christ gave us a Church that you reject

I do not need your institution. And there is nothing in Scripture which says for anyone to seek out the rcc for salvation. But it does teach to seek Jesus. Only Jesus can give us eternal life. rc's claim to worship God, but direct everyone to look to the rcc. That is institution worship. And I or anyone else do NOT need your institution. We can go right to God, just as the tax collector did in Luke 18:13-14.

Luke 18:13-14
“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

If you knew what we know, you would be craving the Eucharist and not worrying about this 👇
The RCC's "spiritual activities" that I mentioned earlier as 'sacraments' of Roman Catholicism, are presided over by an RCC priest who is the one who positions himself and then acts as some sort of 'mediator' between God and man. Apparently these special activities are held to dispense God's "grace" and are believed to be a spiritual substance or power - that 'little something extra', given with God's favor.

Back