Reformed Heresy

That statement was pulled right off of this board, posted and defended frequently

I am neither Arminian nor Calvinist, I hold to a consistent Biblical Theology

RCM
Then why are you posting the Calvinist and Arminian thread? If you’re neither, then you are violating the forum rules by posting in here.

Let me post this again for you, Theo

I am using Biblical Scripture in my argument and you are not, so who is assuming and whose argument is nothing but wind?

Please address the question I asked you,

John 1:9-10, "There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him."

John first uses the word 'kosmos' in verses 1:9-10

Please explain how the bolded reference to John's use of 'kosmos' does not mean every single person without exception?

RCM
Shifting the burden of proof, you are.

Would you agree that the Blood Atonement which Jesus made for us, while in the Heavenly Holy of Hollies; was a Limited Atonement? Let's not argue why it was Limited; the WHY would affirm that it was limited...

One reason that we are to be most pitied if Jesus was not Risen, is because there would be no one to make Atonement for us in Heaven; right? Doesn't this mean that the Cross without our High Priest being in Heaven; is no Atonement at all?

When YOU believe in a limited Atonement, the Doctrine of Limited Atonement can't be preposterous...

My whole argument is what Christ's Work accomplished on the Cross

Tell me how Jesus rules in supreme authority and dominion if He did not deal with sin in its entirety that John 1:29 clearly states with Romans 5:12 as a foundational reference

I am not saying everyone is saved, I agree with John 6:44

Jesus was completely victorious over sin, death, and the ruler of this world

RCM

My whole argument is what Christ's Work accomplished on the Cross
You mean like this post here?

RCM said:

Do you believe that Jesus completely defeated sin, death, and the devil, or only partially?

Ephesians 1:19-23
Ephesians 1:19-23, "and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Colossians 2:15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.

You're now moving the goal posts.

Absolutely not!

My argument from the start is that if Jesus did not take away 'the sin' of Romans 5:12 that John 1:29 is referencing, then He did not fully address the sin that caused the fall of mankind, which the Apostle John clearly states is the objective

RCM

Are you ignorant about the Feast of Tabernacles and God's provision for atonement covering for the Gentiles in Numbers 29?

RCM
Was atonement finished on the cross?
Yes it was.

Is every single person saved?
No, of course not.

Therefore "Gentiles" or "whole world" or "all" doesn't refer to every single person.

The atonement was limited.
Pretty simple

I have not been rude

We'll have to agree to disagree.
Or perhaps we could take a poll (although I don't think you'd like the results.)

I have challenged you to defend your position regarding John's use of 'kosmos' in John 1:9-10 and you are unable to do so

No, I am UNWILLING to do so.
I'm not trying to convince you of my view, so it is rude to "challenge" me.
If you want to reject my beliefs, go ahead. It's a free country. No skin off my nose.
As most people here already know, I'm not interested in twerps running around with a chip on their should goading for an argument, only to treat me rudely when I interact.

Sorry, not interested.
Unlike you, I'm secure in my beliefs.
I don't have to "prove" them to anyone.

John's theology refutes the heretical doctrine of 'Limited Atonement'

RCM said:

Do you believe that Jesus completely defeated sin, death, and the devil, or only partially?

Ephesians 1:19-23
Ephesians 1:19-23, "and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Colossians 2:15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.

Absolutely not!

My argument from the start is that if Jesus did not take away 'the sin' of Romans 5:12 that John 1:29 is referencing, then He did not fully address the sin that caused the fall of mankind, which the Apostle John clearly states is the objective

RCM
Your assertion is, the Reformed doctrine of limited atonement is heresy.

You've yet to prove that. ?

RCM said:

Romans 5:12 "Therefore, just as through one man the sin entered into the world, and through the sin the death, and so the death spread to all men, because all sinned"

That teaches universal sinfulness, not universal atonement.

Exactly,

Sin in the singular with the definite article referencing Adam, which the Apostle John in John 1:29 emphatically states that Jesus is going to take away

RCM

Let me post this again for you, Theo

It's your time to waste.

I am using Biblical Scripture in my argument and you are not,

so who is assuming and whose argument is nothing but wind?

Asked and answered.
YOU are the one assuming.

You have shown ZERO Scripture which shows "kosmos" means "every single person without exception". That is an ASSUMPTION by you.

Please address the question I asked you,

No, thank you.
My Lord Jesus forbids me from doing so (Matt. 7:6).

Please explain how the bolded reference to John's use of 'kosmos' does not mean every single person without exception?

Please prove that it DOES mean "every single person without exception".
You can't do that.
Because you are ASSUMING the meaning.

Which would be universalism,
Right?

RCM said:

John 1:29, "The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"

Another question that never seems to get answered is that critics seem to think there can only be one possible meaning for a verse, and if anyone is misinterpreting a verse, it certainly cannot be them. These are the kinds of people who cannot be reasoned with, IMO. And it's why grown-ups use phraseology like, "agree to disagree".

First, there is the Law of First Mention, how a word is first used established precedence unless it can clearly be proven otherwise by context

Second, if you want to understand how a particular author uses and defines a word, see how they first used it

John 1:9-10, "There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him."

You have not presented any Biblical Scriptures to support your argument in regards to John 1:29

RCM

You have not presented any Biblical Scriptures to support your argument in regards to John 1:29

It has never been my intention to.
This is what you seem oblivious to.
You're not worth arguing with.
Take the chip off your shoulder and stop being contentious.

RCM said:

Hebrews 2:14, "Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil"

The only way I can see this interpreted in a way that denies limited atonement is to assert that hell will be empty, which is ITSELF a heresy.

1 John 3:8, "the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil."

1 John 3:8 is consistent theology with both John 1:29 (same author) and with Hebrews 2:14

Question, do Reformed believe the works of the devil only apply to the saved?

RCM

RCM said:

Hebrews 2:14, "Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil"

And all the Calvinists said, "Amen!"

Not sure what purpose is served in posting your same proof-texts ten million times, but whatever. It's your own time you're wasting.

1 John 3:8, "the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil."

Not sure what purpose is served in posting your same proof-texts ten million times, but whatever. It's your own time you're wasting.

1 John 3:8 is consistent theology with both John 1:29 (same author) and with Hebrews 2:14

Question, do Reformed believe the works of the devil only apply to the saved?

My Lord Jesus Christ forbids me from answering your worthless questions (Matt. 7:6).

Another question I have for the OP is: Do you think that Calvinists aren't saved?

Ridiculous question
And if so, do you think that shouting "heresy" is going to lead them into believing you teach truth?

What did I say was heresy? 'Limited Atonement'

Limited Atonement is contrary to Old Testament theology and contrary to John 1:29

Because in reality it has the opposite effect. In general people aren't drawn to doctrines held by people who appear unstable and unhinged.

Oldest trick in the apologetic handbook, if you are completely unable to defend your position with Biblical Scripture, make personal attacks so as to put them on the defensive

RCM

Ridiculous question

What did I say was heresy? 'Limited Atonement'

Limited Atonement is contrary to Old Testament theology and contrary to John 1:29

Oldest trick in the apologetic handbook, if you are completely unable to defend your position with Biblical Scripture, make personal attacks so as to put them on the defensive

RCM
Still waiting for you to prove limited atonement is heresy.

Back