Reformed Heresy

The Reformed are the ones who are dodging on 'Limited Atonement'

You have absolutely no Biblical Scriptural support for this heretical doctrine

Please state Biblical Scripture that supports Reformed 'Limited Atonement'

All Biblical Doctrine has Biblical support

If you cannot quote Biblical Scripture to support Reformed 'Limited Atonement' then it is an admission of heresy!

RCM
Who said it is a heresy?

According to Reformed 'Limited Atonement,' The devil is only partially defeated. The debt of sin against God is only partially been paid. It is only partially finished. God is only partially satisfied. (John 19:30)

Working from a basis of negation is like the old Gnostics using scissors to cut out parts of scripture that contradicts their heresy

If you cannot quote Biblical Scripture to support Reformed 'Limited Atonement' then it is an admission of heresy!

RCM
Attempt to shift of proof

So, you admit, The devil is only partially defeated.
He won't be fully defeated until after being let loose a short time. He is still active; Ephesians 6:11ff; 2 Corinthians 2:11ff.
The debt of sin against God is only partially been paid. It is only partially finished. God is only partially satisfied. (John 19:30)
Pure false misrepresentations. Behave like a professing believer and end the silly false charges. Thanks!
So we can watch you disregard the posts? LOL! I'll pass.
Then why doesn't your doctrine have Biblical support?
Working from a basis of negation is like the old Gnostics using scissors to cut out parts of scripture that contradicts their heresy
Like when you pit Scripture against Scripture and ignore others?
LOL!!!!!!!! The epitome of being disingenuous! ^^^^^^^^^
LOL!!!!!!! We're all aware that you're trolling because you disregard the texts we exegete to show your errors. Why would anyone bother supplying you more texts only to have you not treat them at all and dismiss them altogether?

Which would be universalism,
Right?

Does the Bible teach universalism? No

Does the Bible teach Limited Atonement? No

All Biblical Doctrine has Biblical Scriptural support

If you cannot quote Biblical Scripture to support 'Limited Atonement' it is an admission of a heretical doctrine!

RCM

Where does the Bible teach about "unactualized atonement"?
This is a twisting that Arminians have to do, in order to try to deny limited atonement.
It seems very simply to their "unactivated faith". God gives everyone faith, but we have to "activate" it by believing.
I'll ask you a question that will hopefully enable you to answer your own question to me. Do you believe that the elect are saved before they turn to Christ? If not, why? Didn't Christ die for their sin of unbelief?

I am very familiar with your posting style

No, I don't think you are.
My decision whether to engage someone is not based on the topic, it is based on the person. I tend to refrain from interacting with obnoxious posters. Case in point, I've made it VERY CLEAR to you that I have no desire to have a discussion with you, yet you continue to harass me anyway.

Normally, you have Biblical Scripture after Biblical Scripture supporting your theological argument and your arguments are sound

I have Biblical Scripture for EVERY doctrine I hold.
Whether I share them with people depends on whether they are Christian, or obnoxious.
It also depends on whether I believe they are essential for salvation. I don't believe LA is essential for salvation, so I CLEARLY have no desire to discuss the topic with someone who is simply going to mock and attack.

But, on 'Limited Atonement', you have nothing!

Bearing false witness is a sin.

There is no Biblical Scripture to support 'Limited Atonement'

The Reformed argument is that 'all' doesn't mean 'all' so you can dismiss with the wave of a hand 1 Timothy 2:4 and others

1) We do NOT argue that "all doesn't mean all".

2) We do NOT "dismiss" 1 Tim. 2:4.

3) The fact that you feel the need to MISREPRESENT what we believe is one of the reasons I have no desire to engage with you. So please stop harassing me.

The Reformed argument is that 'world' doesn't mean 'world' so you can dismiss with the wave of a hand John 1:29 and others

1) We do NOT argue that "world doesn't mean world".

2) We do NOT "dismiss" John 1:29.

3) The fact that you feel the need to MISREPRESENT what we believe is one of the reasons I have no desire to engage with you. So please stop harassing me.

So, on 'Limited Atonement' instead of working from a basis of Biblical Scripture support, you are working from a basis of negation

Bearing false witness is a sin.

1 John 3:8, "The one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil."

The devil is only partially defeated.

I'm sorry you believe the devil is "only partially defeated" (YOUR words).

We believe the devil is COMPLETELY defeated.

The Reformed heresy of 'Limited Atonement' limits the blood of Christ from accomplishing everything the Apostle of John said it would do!

It's not a "heresy".

But you are free to agree to disagree.

I certainly agree there was a work that Jesus finished on the cross; he said it is finished. He finished Keeping the Covenant of Moses. But there is more for him to do because of the Covenant of Grace, which he is the High Priest of. Jesus is our High Priest, and he continues to make intercession for us in heaven. Another of his Priestly duties, was to make Atonement for Sin in the Heavenly Holy of Holies...

Since Jesus had more work to do, the Atonement was limited by what needed to be done...

Bump @RCM I'm getting Passed-Over again...

The Reformed argument is that 'all' doesn't mean 'all' so you can dismiss with the wave of a hand 1 Timothy 2:4 and others
There's no distinction between the Jew and the Greek, the same Lord is Lord over all

Paul defines "all" as Jews plus Greeks, you're defining it as every single person.
You're using a modern context instead of the biblical context.
The Reformed argument is that 'world' doesn't mean 'world' so you can dismiss with the wave of a hand John 1:29 and others
See above. Read Acts 15
The apostle John wrote "I lay down My life for the sheep.......and you are not My sheep" in John 10
and you're claiming he says "He's the propitiation of sins for every single person?

Is John confused or are you? One of you is wrong.
So, on 'Limited Atonement' instead of working from a basis of Biblical Scripture support, you are working from a basis of negation

Therefore, from a basis of negation do you realize what else you have negated
You're taking very common biblical terms out of their biblical context, words like
1 All
2 World
3 Everyone

Read Acts 15
1 John 3:8, "The one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil."
ok
The devil is only partially defeated. The debt of sin against God is only partially been paid. It is only partially finished. God is only partially satisfied. (John 19:30) Tetelestai

The Reformed heresy of 'Limited Atonement' limits the blood of Christ from accomplishing everything the Apostle of John said it would do!

RCM
Why? How?

He won't be fully defeated until after being let loose a short time. He is still active; Ephesians 6:11ff; 2 Corinthians 2:11ff.

Jesus said it is finished - John 19:30

Paul said it is done - Ephesians 1:20-22; Colossians 2:15

The judgment is done, the sentence is yet to take place, there is a big difference!

RCM

Then why doesn't your doctrine have Biblical support?

The Reformed position on 'Limited Atonement' is, "Messiah's work was never intended for those whom God knew would never believe"

Unfortunately, there is no Biblical Scripture that supports such a statement, however, there is Biblical Scripture that completely refutes such an erroneous statement

Romans 5:12 "Therefore, just as through one man the sin entered into the world, and through the sin the death, and so the death spread to all men, because all sinned"

John 1:29, "The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"

1 John 2:1-2, "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world."

Hebrews 2:14, "Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil"

The Law of Non-contradiction is in play here! The Bible completely refutes the Reformed doctrine of 'Limited Atonement' as nothing but heresy!

The New Testament Scriptures are consistent with the theology of the Old Testament

The 'Day of Atonement' offering was for the whole Nation of Israel

God had always been providing an atonement covering for the Gentile Nations through the Nation of Israel on the Feast of Tabernacles in that 70 bulls were offered for the 70 Gentile Nations (Numbers 29) until God sent His Son into the world - John 3:16-21

The Greek with the definite article and 'sin' in the singular in Romans 5:12 and John 1:29 is irrefutable!

RCM

Like when you pit Scripture against Scripture and ignore others?

RCM

Does the Bible teach universalism? No

Does the Bible teach Limited Atonement? No

All Biblical Doctrine has Biblical Scriptural support

If you cannot quote Biblical Scripture to support 'Limited Atonement' it is an admission of a heretical doctrine!

RCM
Cop-out.

If He propitiated sins on the cross, and He propitiated sins for whole world (ie. every single person)
Then universalism is inescapable for you.

Sounds like you'll deny it but your doctrine demands it.

Jesus said it is finished - John 19:30

Paul said it is done - Ephesians 1:20-22; Colossians 2:15

The judgment is done, the sentence is yet to take place, there is a big difference!

RCM
And yet again you avoid dealing with the texts that show your conclusions are erroneous. This is why it's a waste of time responding to you.

Let me be like you: Those texts show that you are in heresy! Unrefutably! PERIOD! I SAID SO! YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!! I WON!!!!

RCM
I've already done so, you ignored it.

Waste more time on YOU? No thanks, you're the epitome of being disingenuous.

Go ahead, get your last word in.

RCM
I got passed over again buddy...

I get it...

I don't know why I hang out here...

Back